• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers after the game, "We were the better team today"

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with Rodgers though. Seahawks were beyond lucky to win. They took advantage of their lucky breaks at the end, but they were lucky to receive them. It also helps that Dom capers play calling was absolute shit at the end.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with Rodgers though. Seahawks were beyond lucky to win. They took advantage of their lucky breaks at the end, but they were lucky to receive them. It also helps that Dom capers play calling was absolute shit at the end.

it's not luck when a player lets the ball clank off his hands. It's called not doing your fucking job.

Reaper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better team for 55 minutes buddy but you have to play 60! Disappointed in the Packers as I thought they were going to do the near impossible but choked yet again.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, does Bostick get the blame for allowing a Hail Mary 2-point conversion to be caught? I think that poor son of a bitch is an easy target, but Green Bay made mistakes all over the place, most specifically on offense. You just can't waste that many opportunities to put the game out of reach against a team that everyone knows will struggle to get to 30 points.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron has become an arrogant tool, he is obsessed with perfection and pouts like a baby when chips dont fall his way.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, Jaemis Winston just got ripped a new one for this, but he's a black kid, so I guess he's fair game. I think the same criticism applied to Winston should apply here. Don't say shit like, "the better team lost." Seattle was the #1 seed and they defeated you twice this season. Be a professional, put blame on yourself, tell the fans your sorry, and let the media and fans say shit like that. Don't go up there like a bad sport, especially with the way your fans defend every arrogant thing you've ever done. Oh, and maybe don't throw your coaches under the bus either with the, "we weren't aggressive enough" comment. How many times did you have the ball in Seattle's territory and not walk away with a TD, Rodgers? You think you might want to assume some responsibility and leave out the butthurt comments and finger pointing?

Again, I know it's blasphemy to question him as I am, but as I stated earlier, let another QB make these comments, and we would sit here tearing the guy a new one.

When did Winston get ripped for this? His team also got destroyed in the only game they lost in 2 years. The packers handed this game away.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, Jaemis Winston just got ripped a new one for this, but he's a black kid, so I guess he's fair game. I think the same criticism applied to Winston should apply here. Don't say shit like, "the better team lost." Seattle was the #1 seed and they defeated you twice this season. Be a professional, put blame on yourself, tell the fans your sorry, and let the media and fans say shit like that. Don't go up there like a bad sport, especially with the way your fans defend every arrogant thing you've ever done. Oh, and maybe don't throw your coaches under the bus either with the, "we weren't aggressive enough" comment. How many times did you have the ball in Seattle's territory and not walk away with a TD, Rodgers? You think you might want to assume some responsibility and leave out the butthurt comments and finger pointing?

Again, I know it's blasphemy to question him as I am, but as I stated earlier, let another QB make these comments, and we would sit here tearing the guy a new one.

Jamies said this after a game in which his team got obsoletely shafted. Rodgers said this after a game in which his team led 97% of the game. GB was the better team. FSU was not. Bad comparison IMO.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers handed the game away. Never took hold of the game when they could have. Didn't finish the game and lost.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, does Bostick get the blame for allowing a Hail Mary 2-point conversion to be caught? I think that poor son of a bitch is an easy target, but Green Bay made mistakes all over the place, most specifically on offense. You just can't waste that many opportunities to put the game out of reach against a team that everyone knows will struggle to get to 30 points.

Bostick gets the No. 1 designation, then the defense on the 2-pt conversion play. That thing was like an infield pop up. Could have eaten a sandwich waiting for that thing to come down. I don't know what the defenders were waiting for.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better team won the game. The team that deserved to win, won the game.

The Packers outplayed Seattle in the first half. In the second half they could only muster 6 points. Sure a lot of fortune came Seattles way at the end, but the Packers had their chances and their own fortune as well. 5 turnovers including a fumbled kickoff by Baldwin...... If you can't capitalize on those things, you don't "deserve" to win.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better team won the game. The team that deserved to win, won the game.

The Packers outplayed Seattle in the first half. In the second half they could only muster 6 points. Sure a lot of fortune came Seattles way at the end, but the Packers had their chances and their own fortune as well. 5 turnovers including a fumbled kickoff by Baldwin...... If you can't capitalize on those things, you don't "deserve" to win.

Well said :clap:

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers had 995 ways to win and 5 ways to lose. 99.5% of the time they win that game. If you can't figure out what he was saying or what his thoughts were then you're just stupid. The Seahawks fans know exactly how fortunate they were. He may have not chosen the precisely politically correct words to say but in essence he was right. Some days you draw the final ace to make a royal flush. Count your blessings, but when you're done don't tell me how great a poker player you are.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB was the better team. FSU was not. Bad comparison IMO.

I don't think so (yes, shocker, I'm a Seahawks fan) but the Seahawks defense held the Pack to 306 total yards of offense. That's the 3rd lowest total all season (behind week 1 in Seattle and week 3 in Detroit) and if it weren't for the Seahawks offense playing it's worst half and giving the Pack 3 really short field (all field goals), then the game is very different, even with the turnovers. Seahawks offense stunk it up the first half, but had 350 yards of offense in the second half and overtime. They got it done when they needed to.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think that's why he will get a pass here. I have a feeling someone like a Tony Romo (not just him, I'm just using him as an example) would get murdered by the press and fans for a comment like that. Honestly, Brady would probably have a tougher time getting away with it too simply because of how many fans can't stand him.

I hate to say it,but they were the better team yesterday.........I sure seemed like GB`s def had Seattle`s number and Rodgers was starting to heat it up.
But the interception where bostick(I think) decided to kneel it down was the dumb move there. It sure looked like there was plenty of open field ahead of him.

from their GB blew it and RW and ML took them to the wood shed.............

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Winston get ripped for this? His team also got destroyed in the only game they lost in 2 years. The packers handed this game away.

He got trashed after the Oregon game for his post game comments. He didn't give Oregon credit, and seemed in denial about getting his ass kicked.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bostick gets the No. 1 designation, then the defense on the 2-pt conversion play. That thing was like an infield pop up. Could have eaten a sandwich waiting for that thing to come down. I don't know what the defenders were waiting for.

I completely agree. Believe it or not I said to myself right before the fake field goal watch out for a fake. The field goal at that stage in the game really didn't mean much. Pete Carroll has always been sort of a gambler in that situation. It was totally inept on the Packers coaching at that time not to be playing for a fake. A field goal would have only made it 16-3 and that simply wasn't a big deal. The subsequent touchdown was huge.

To be completely frank I give the Seahawks all the credit for not giving up. That's quite a virtue.
The Packers went completely conservative but the truth be told it was the right call unless A,B, C,D and E occur. For instance after their final interception the defender could have easily ran another 10 to 15 yards yet he simply went down and waited for a defender to finally come and tag him about 5 seconds later. They could have thrown the ball on first down on their second to the last drive to set up a short yardage situation, but they didn't. They made coaching errors but in the end it really wasn't what cost them the game. Sometimes the ball just bounces funny, it most certainly did yesterday.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's played against Seattle 3 times the last 3 years, and I can't remember him ever giving the Seahawks credit for their wins. I don't see his conferences against other teams (and mostly highlights of the ones against Seattle), but I just can't recall him ever being all that gracious in defeat.

He`s not..........He is actually an arrogant s.o.b....

When hes on the field or on the podium he just comes off arrogant.
Even when he tries to be humble,hes still an arrogant person.

My buddy whose been a Packer fan for 30 yrs says the same thing.

I give brett favre all the respect in the world........Rodgers never!

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it,but they were the better team yesterday.........I sure seemed like GB`s def had Seattle`s number and Rodgers was starting to heat it up.
But the interception where bostick(I think) decided to kneel it down was the dumb move there. It sure looked like there was plenty of open field ahead of him.

from their GB blew it and RW and ML took them to the wood shed.............

And I wouldn't say that as fans, we can't state that we think Green Bay was the better team. I'm saying, it's not Aaron's place. If this was an alternate universe and Stafford just lost that game, and then he followed it with similar comments, I doubt he gets a pass.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A better team finishes the game..sorry, better double check that thought Aaron.

No Cha,pionship belt signature yesterday..........

Thanks seattle. :clap:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB was the better team yesterday. I've never seen so many strokes of luck line up for one team in one game in my life until yesterday. GB deserved to win.

No you did not.................You have to play the full 60 minutes to win the game..........not just 56.