• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A tie goes to Trubisky

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy did say both these QBs did a good enough job where it's making it hard to pick which one will start. If this is indeed the case the tie must go to Trubisky. It's much more beneficial for this organization that Trubisky is the guy.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy did say both these QBs did a good enough job where it's making it hard to pick which one will start. If this is indeed the case the tie must go to Trubisky. It's much more beneficial for this organization that Trubisky is the guy.

This cannot be said with any confidence based on prior performance. It really can only apply based on future expectations...which are all theory at this point until we see what happens on the field. Trubisky playing could very much be the opposite of beneficial based on past results continuing, unless you would go the argument of "Well, now we know for sure he sucks and we can move on-so that's at least something for the sh*t play he gave us." Which is fair in its own right.

We'll see.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This cannot be said with any confidence based on prior performance. It really can only apply based on future expectations...which are all theory at this point until we see what happens on the field. Trubisky playing could very much be the opposite of beneficial based on past results continuing, unless you would go the argument of "Well, now we know for sure he sucks and we can move on-so that's at least something for the sh*t play he gave us." Which is fair in its own right.

We'll see.

If we're basing purely on prior performance Trubisky would be cut. You don't simply base on prior performance on a young QB learning the game. You're hoping he grows and gets better. And if Trubisky the guy that's precisely what has happened to him. Which is beneficial to the organization.

Why is everything so complicated to you?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're basing purely on prior performance Trubisky would be cut. You don't simply base on prior performance on a young QB learning the game. You're hoping he grows and gets better. And if Trubisky the guy that's precisely what has happened to him. Which is beneficial to the organization.

Why is everything so complicated to you?

Not complicated at all...It's pretty simple. I can envision quite a few scenarios where Trubisky playing and failing hard is in no way beneficial to our team.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, what does it say about Foles if he can't beat out Trubisky.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can we really put any kind of consideration into Nagy's decision-making when his team scores like it's playing soccer?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That he's an oft injured vet that never was very good but had one very memorable playoff run that made him a legend.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The franchise is better off if Mitch is the guy and plays well.

But I really see a couple scenarios...

Mitch wins the job. Kinda sucks...gets benched. Foles plays...sucks just a little less. Defense carries the team as far as it can.

Foles wins. Doesn't suck but isn't amazing....gets hurt. Mitch plays. Plays well but then sucks...defense carries the team as far as it can.

I hope I'm wrong and either Mitch is the man and wows us or Foles is the man and captures some magic....but I just don't see it.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the team lay down on turdbiscuit, because they know foles is the guy. They make the change quick i bet.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That he's an oft injured vet that never was very good but had one very memorable playoff run that made him a legend.
he did have a season with 26 td's and 2 int.

Trubs "pro bowl" season......saw 25% of his TD come in one game against fricken tampa. He had 25% more in two games vs Miami and detroit respectively......so 50% of his TD's came in 3 games against horrid teams......flawed season....

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he did have a season with 26 td's and 2 int.

Trubs "pro bowl" season......saw 25% of his TD come in one game against fricken tampa. He had 25% more in two games vs Miami and detroit respectively......so 50% of his TD's came in 3 games against horrid teams......flawed season....

Foles has the talent and the other things needed to be a good QB. But he’s never consistently put it together and minus that playoff run with the Eagles he’d be considered on the same level of a Sam Bradford, slightly better.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles has the talent and the other things needed to be a good QB. But he’s never consistently put it together and minus that playoff run with the Eagles he’d be considered on the same level of a Sam Bradford, slightly better.
Can’t argue with that that line of thought, at all:suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick is a great guy. I hope he never see's the field this year.