• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Semi-Final Nightmare: Keenan Allen

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I initially looked forward to having Keenan/Herbert paired together vs the LV defense. Now I wish I could crawl under a rock and hide from this scenario.

I have Jarvis Landry vs NYG, CEH vs NO, and David Johnson vs IND. With whom I could viably play this week.

I was TRULY hoping Allen would just be inactive... but now he's playing. I deeply fear a situation where he only plays a small (or none like CEH) amount of snaps or aggravates the hammy early and puts me in a big hole.

This is more nerve wrecking because I'm far superior to my opponent and if this costs me a close matchup. I will be extremely unhappy. I can live with losing next week to either of those two teams on other side of the bracket. Not this schmuck of a team I'm up against, though.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I almost benched Herbert for Hill...

I hate Thursday football

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I almost benched Herbert for Hill...

I hate Thursday football
I used to love TNF..when it was once a year on Thanksgiving. This all year long crap sucks...Friday or Saturday would be better..but yea yea, I know, Friday night lights and NCAAF

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played Allen. Holding David Johnson back in case Zeke out or doesn't look like a play. Especially with the uncertainty of COVID this year I tend to play the Thursday guys a little more

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to love TNF..when it was once a year on Thanksgiving. This all year long crap sucks...Friday or Saturday would be better..but yea yea, I know, Friday night lights and NCAAF
CFB has lost all of its Saturday domain IMO. Those assholes schedule Friday games now, NFL shouldn’t avoid Saturdays anymore. Be a lot better than Thursdays.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit. Should I pull Allen for Lockett? Anyone yanking Herbert?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that turned out poorly

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFB has lost all of its Saturday domain IMO. Those assholes schedule Friday games now, NFL shouldn’t avoid Saturdays anymore. Be a lot better than Thursdays.
i guess we find out saturday night with SEC champ game vs GB/CAR game

btw espn just spent 3 billion to televise SEC games so guess a few are watching

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that turned out poorly
I called that he would get exactly two points in the group chat with my league beforehand, too. I knew exactly what was coming but I don't think you can bench Allen in that matchup.

Horrible situation.

Thankfully, Herbert got me 27 and some change to sort of bail me out from it having been an actual disaster. I'm still projected to win by 14.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports were a lot better when NCAA/NFL were just content with dominating a day of the week and didn't have to get greedy trying to squeeze out every penny. Obviously, I'm not referring to Monday Night Football. I would never want that to go away.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called that he would get exactly two points in the group chat with my league beforehand, too. I knew exactly what was coming but I don't think you can bench Allen in that matchup.

Horrible situation.

Thankfully, Herbert got me 27 and some change to sort of bail me out from it having been an actual disaster. I'm still projected to win by 14.

I needed a home run. In the end it doesn’t matter because Julio is out and I would’ve had to swap him for Lockett anyways since Golladay isn’t able to play football this year. Call me crazy but I’m benching James Robinson for Akers and Mike Davis. Robinson has a great floor but against the ravens I’d imagine his ceiling is sub 20 points and I need 20 point games across the board to have a chance.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Horrible situation.

lol if you knew what was coming, then you absolutely bench him.....
thats like saying i knew this car was a lemon, but it was a Ferrari, and you cant not get the Ferrari.

sucks that happened though

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I needed a home run. In the end it doesn’t matter because Julio is out and I would’ve had to swap him for Lockett anyways since Golladay isn’t able to play football this year. Call me crazy but I’m benching James Robinson for Akers and Mike Davis. Robinson has a great floor but against the ravens I’d imagine his ceiling is sub 20 points and I need 20 point games across the board to have a chance.
well .......

Robinson has just been steady, remarkably only 5 games over 20 ppr points, for what has been a top 5 rb.....

but hes had big games against miami and cleveland

Bmore also is 13th against Rb's this year, so bottom half of the leage........

The jets are actually 15th i think...........

there is 0.2ppg difference between Bmore and NYJ,,,,,,,,,

Robinson also slightly more used in the pass game with minshew at qb, whose starting this week.
Akers went nuts last week and still only had 21.
food for thought.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess we find out saturday night with SEC champ game vs GB/CAR game

btw espn just spent 3 billion to televise SEC games so guess a few are watching
I’m sure people watch.

That wasn’t my point. If CFB can’t honor HS Fridays, there is no reason for tNFL to honor Saturdays from August thru November.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol if you knew what was coming, then you absolutely bench him.....
thats like saying i knew this car was a lemon, but it was a Ferrari, and you cant not get the Ferrari.

sucks that happened though
I disagree. This shit is so unpredictable. Saying "I know this is going to happen" means absolutely nothing. Simply a gut feeling.

It's like poker. You play with a strategy that wins long term. You don't fly off the handle and shoot from the hip with every play. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Benching WR's like Keenan Allen in matchups such as "vs LVR" does not win long term. Playing Keenan Allen was correct under the circumstances. You would rather play Allen and have that happen. Then be the schmuck who benched a top 5 WR in a prime matchup and had to watch him go off for 20+.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. This shit is so unpredictable. Saying "I know this is going to happen" means absolutely nothing. Simply a gut feeling.

It's like poker. You play with a strategy that wins long term. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Benching WR's like Keenan Allen in matchups such as "vs LVR" does not win long term. Playing Keenan Allen was correct under the circumstances. You would rather play Allen and have that happen. Then be the schmuck who benched a top 5 WR in a prime matchup and had to watch him go off for 20+.
Well I agree. Hard to see on a message bird. But got the impression you thought he was gonna flop.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure people watch.

That wasn’t my point. If CFB can’t honor HS Fridays, there is no reason for tNFL to honor Saturdays from August thru November.
i dont believe honor has anything to do with it but its all about the money and nfl doesnt want to compete with cfb on saturdays for ratings
cfb isnt competing with hs football for tv
for the 1st time with the xmas day game nfl will have been on every day of the week this year