• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A reasonable and sensible target for the Sox this year

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like this writer's opinions as to how the Sox have fared in the offseason and how it will affect our standings this year. Of course I like it a lot because it's pretty much what I've also been saying, so I might be just a touch biased here. The last paragraph finally gets down to the predicted number of wins. Again, pretty much in my ballpark as well.

Chicago White Sox: Are they going to be good yet?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest question about this team is will they have enough translators for Soxfest?

I certainly agree with the point made in the article that you never know how guys are going to play together until they do. The kinetic energy that attached to the 2005 team was fantastic.

One of my worries is that we may see a repeat of what happened to the Sox in the 90s as the younger players moved into the MLB lineup and baseball went on strike. The timing for the next strike possibility is very familiar to what happened in the 90s.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest question about this team is will they have enough translators for Soxfest?

I certainly agree with the point made in the article that you never know how guys are going to play together until they do. The kinetic energy that attached to the 2005 team was fantastic.

One of my worries is that we may see a repeat of what happened to the Sox in the 90s as the younger players moved into the MLB lineup and baseball went on strike. The timing for the next strike possibility is very familiar to what happened in the 90s.
I know, it's as if history is about to repeat itself. I'm hoping tho the players realize that they are way way better off financially than they were prior to the last strike. And I'm taking into account inflation, cost of living, etc. They are leaps and bounds better off than back then, and not just the wealthiest, I'm also talking the rank-n-file, the ones still not making the really giant coin. Sure, some things need to be fixed, but those are meant for negotiations and shouldn't cause a general strike. But I can't help but wonder if they will anyway. Here's to hoping they don't.