• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A New Season-UGH

dengel6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mantha and Larkin are being shown as one reason to pay to see the Red Wings, God help us. Looks like ANOTHER season out of the playoffs. Thank you Z for your years of service.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be a rough season, but my hope is they give a lot of time to some of the younger players. I'd love to see Hronek or Cholo make the team (we'd have to dump a dman) and really hoping to see Zadina and Ras not only make the team but get top 6 minutes. Let's see what we got!

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ceiling for this team is probably Wildcard.

What I'm specifically looking for this season is how hard they play. We watched Gerard Gallant lead a first-year expansion team to the Cup Finals last year because of how hard his players worked. On paper, they were one of the least-talented teams in the league.

Can we get anything close to that out of Blashill and without Zetterberg? Wins come from hard work and talent. You need both to have successes, but sometimes a lot of one is enough to get some W's.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ceiling for this team is probably Wildcard.

What I'm specifically looking for this season is how hard they play. We watched Gerard Gallant lead a first-year expansion team to the Cup Finals last year because of how hard his players worked. On paper, they were one of the least-talented teams in the league.

Can we get anything close to that out of Blashill and without Zetterberg? Wins come from hard work and talent. You need both to have successes, but sometimes a lot of one is enough to get some W's.
I think we are one of the worst teams in the league this year. We actually have some talent at forward but the blue line is a disaster. I don't have any faith in Blash to be the X factor based on his first couple years. But, that said, I'm okay with it as long as they are committed to rebuilding with youth. That starts with bringing in at least 3 young players to start the season.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are one of the worst teams in the league this year. We actually have some talent at forward but the blue line is a disaster. I don't have any faith in Blash to be the X factor based on his first couple years. But, that said, I'm okay with it as long as they are committed to rebuilding with youth. That starts with bringing in at least 3 young players to start the season.

I agree 100% with everything except the first sentence (maybe 75%). It's valid public perception that this team is one of the worst, but sometimes teams whose backs are against the wall are scrappier and hungrier to prove themselves. We'll find out how scrappy this team is within the first few games of the season.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's okay. Stevie Y will be home soon then all will be right again in the world.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Red Wings home opener ... they are being outplayed, but they are fighting (not in the literal sense, but that too). I like it!!!

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Red Wings home opener ... they are being outplayed, but they are fighting (not in the literal sense, but that too). I like it!!!
They took six penalties and were outshot 1:2 but still managed a point out of the game. Can't really hate that.

The Good
-Cholowski pinching up into the wide open slot and firing a one-timer with no hesitation. That well-timed offensive awareness and execution from a defenseman has been lacking on this team.
-Sulak and Hickets clearing out guys in front of Howard when the Jackets were crashing for rebounds. In the recent past, guys would just try to tie up sticks and obstruct instead of knocking opponents on their ass and the opponent would frequently chip in the loose pucks. Needed more body in front of our tender and we got some from our young D-men.
-Solid board play all around.

The Bad
-Only generated 20 total shots on goal. Can't win in this league if you can't generate offensive chances.
-Mantha had zero shots on goal. He's supposed to be our leading goal scorer and he was a ghost.
-While Jimmy only let two by him in regulation, he was scrambly and left a lot of rebounds right in front of him all game. He's gotta clean that up if this team wants to have the slightest chance for a wildcard spot.

dengel6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is with ALL those black seat covers on those pretty red seats? Ilitchs trying to PAD the attendance stats. ALOT of empty seats at the last game. Return to the good ole days of car give-aways between periods, or lower ticket prices.:agree: