• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Monday Qualifer Wins The Valero Texas Open

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday Finish: Conners thrives in the face of adversity

Granted, not many of the big names were there, but it just goes to show the talent level is razor thin out there and sometimes a good break is the difference.

Congrats to the Canadian Corey Conners...he went from a 4 shot lead to trailing in a matter of 45 mins. Found his swing again and 3 consecutive birdies gave him the lead he never relinquished.

Now he get's to tee it up at the Masters this week.

Side note...Si Woo Kim...this kid has a near perfect looking swing...you're surprised when he hit s a bad shot...yet he kinda choked it away early.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That blew me away when I learned that Sunday. I’ve known of Connors but before this weekend I couldn’t have told you if he was a full time card holder or not? So to get in on a Monday qualifier and then win was incomprehensible. But he made all the big shots and gathered his nerves when the wheels were falling off. Remarkable accomplishment and fun to watch. The PGA down to the Web is just flush with talent.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday Finish: Conners thrives in the face of adversity

Granted, not many of the big names were there, but it just goes to show the talent level is razor thin out there and sometimes a good break is the difference.

Congrats to the Canadian Corey Conners...he went from a 4 shot lead to trailing in a matter of 45 mins. Found his swing again and 3 consecutive birdies gave him the lead he never relinquished.

Now he get's to tee it up at the Masters this week.

Side note...Si Woo Kim...this kid has a near perfect looking swing...you're surprised when he hit s a bad shot...yet he kinda choked it away early.

That shot that Kim hit off the rocks on the last hole was just crazy. Granted he didn't put it anywhere near the hole but to be able to advance it at all was pretty impressive.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shot that Kim hit off the rocks on the last hole was just crazy. Granted he didn't put it anywhere near the hole but to be able to advance it at all was pretty impressive.

Yep.

A wee bit aggressive, but the kid has a really good swing. Hope he didn't tweak/pull something in his rib area.