• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A&M flips Otaro Alaka from Texas

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our defense, good chances young guys can come right in and play in year 1. I bet that was a bigger factor than Brown leaving.

No matter what, glad to see defensive signings. :suds:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just the beginning boys today it's a single recruit tomorrow they turn over the keys of Austin to you! One day the Mack Brown era will be considered the golden age of Texas football it's all down hill from here.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just the beginning boys today it's a single recruit tomorrow they turn over the keys of Austin to you! One day the Mack Brown era will be considered the golden age of Texas football it's all down hill from here.
-
Texas just beat A&M for Freeman, so 1 and 1 on LB recruits last week. Not to mention with all the changes at Texas, you would expect some recruiting issues.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL - your trolling is getting better, but you have to be more insulting than this

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Has AU football ever had a golden age?

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why mack got fired, he lost the state. Charlie Strong has to win games this season, and retake the state in recruiting in 2015

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, when Alabama was down in the dark ages.

That's enough for them.
LOL we've done quite well since 82 the 70s was our dark period.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be able to catch it if you don't blink.

Keep your eyes open and look at actual accomplishments I think you will be surprised how well Auburn has done we just don't get over inflated credit for actual results like Texas.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writer of that article has been fired and it has been rewritten as "longhorns pull scholarship from Alka, A&M to scrape up leftovers..."

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writer of that article has been fired and it has been rewritten as "longhorns pull scholarship from Alka, A&M to scrape up leftovers..."

Real talk

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like two years in a row that aTm will have the best class in Texas.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's tough to lose one, no doubt. But if horns fans are realistic, know this recruiting class is all about salvaging what you can, maybe picking up a few here or there. Next year's football season will be won or lost on the guys already there. I think that's when all will see if inspired coaching, a new look at things, will have an effect on the outcome of the 2014 season.

I do think Strong's way of doing things is going to be popular with Texas high school coaches, and will be positive. Article says how the first thing he asked the HS coach there was, what was he having problems with? The coach said defending the diamond formation, so Strong drew up schemes on the blackboard for him to use.

The cult of personality that Mack had with high school coaches was great, but players still were going to go where they wanted to go.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like two years in a row that aTm will have the best class in Texas.

It's happened before, is not anything new. It is an ongoing battle, and the end is not in sight...Just because one or the other wins the battle for a few years, nothing lasts forever.

Congrats to them for their success. Translate it to the field and win a NC, and I will be doubly impressed.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's happened before, is not anything new. It is an ongoing battle, and the end is not in sight...Just because one or the other wins the battle for a few years, nothing lasts forever.

Congrats to them for their success. Translate it to the field and win a NC, and I will be doubly impressed.

I think people forget how ol RC Slocum could recruit like no other in the early and late 90's. Aggy was always getting the top ranked classes back then. Aggy should ALWAYS have a top 10 recruiting class every single fucking year. This is why I have always said that Aggy is the #1 most underachieving program of all time. They have had access to the same resources as their big bro does, yet only have 1 legit NC (claiming phantom titles 90 years later doesn't count) in their history.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people forget how ol RC Slocum could recruit like no other in the early and late 90's. Aggy was always getting the top ranked classes back then. Aggy should ALWAYS have a top 10 recruiting class every single fucking year. This is why I have always said that Aggy is the #1 most underachieving program of all time. They have had access to the same resources as their big bro does, yet only have 1 legit NC (claiming phantom titles 90 years later doesn't count) in their history.

Where's Georgia on your list they have to be 2.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the same question I ask Aggy fans everytime they crow about being 4th in their division in the SEC and tell me how golden their future looks.

NOTHING has changed. They didn't really compete in the B12, and they aren't competing in the SEC. They brag about recruiting classes they are getting BECAUSE of the SEC, and don't seem to grasp that they could have been doing that IN the B12. They've sucked for all these years purely because they weren't willing to do what it takes to win outside of cheating, and that's THEIR FAULT.

I've never seen a bigger fanbase of whining crybabies ever. Its always somebody else's fault that they can't win a division or conference. Aggy has always held Aggy back.