• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

a lot of norman "hate" going around

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Josh Norman Still a Top Cornerback in the NFL?

i see him as a top 15 cb . that doesnt jive with the pay , but FA's generally cost more and at the end of the contract the un guranteed money kicks in

i think you have to keep him till dunny shows he is back and healthy and can cover number one guys and if alexander can step in and cover number 2 guys . you can throw stroman in there and FM . BIG year for FM as i like him better outside

thoughts

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FM is a completely different player on the outside. Much better.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was critical of his play in his first season, he's just not that good and surely not close to the top CB in the game as his contract indicates. Since that first season he is nothing more than average and not worth the noise, his sideshow with OBJ was so annoying and took over the telecast, or the contract. But what other options do they have? No he will play out the season, leave and be added to the list of FA signings that just didn't quite work out.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was critical of his play in his first season, he's just not that good and surely not close to the top CB in the game as his contract indicates. Since that first season he is nothing more than average and not worth the noise, his sideshow with OBJ was so annoying and took over the telecast, or the contract. But what other options do they have? No he will play out the season, leave and be added to the list of FA signings that just didn't quite work out.

Totally agree. Also - the failed FA signings don't hurt the team as much if they are successful in the draft which appears to be the case over the last several years. Failed signings happen all over the NFL due to various factors (guys falling off after big payday, injuries, lack of chemistry, etc). Some of these are just flukes (like Swearinger - who was an awesome addition until his attitude got the best of him).

As long as Haskins & some of the young defenders play well this team should be in decent shape for the future. They can let guys like Norman walk (next season) & replace him with reasonable FAs & other picks. At least there is hope in this area.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if Norman was ever that good. Carolina had no problem not paying Norman and shipping him off. Maybe his weird comments or awkward personality coupled with no real game changing plays have made him simply annoying around Redskins Park. Last comment from Gruden about Norman indicated the Skins paid him big money to be a STAR on this defense and that's what the Skins would like to see. Norman's retort to that comment, "I bring it every week, playmaker every week, I know what I bring each and every week". I'm with Gruden on this one, Norman is simply average, with average speed and unable to play man to man and struggles at times in zone trying to over compensate for others. Personally, our cap is already screwed and I say we should either try to trade Norman or release him. He simply does not fit with the team.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't been worth the money.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if Norman was ever that good. Carolina had no problem not paying Norman and shipping him off. Maybe his weird comments or awkward personality coupled with no real game changing plays have made him simply annoying around Redskins Park. Last comment from Gruden about Norman indicated the Skins paid him big money to be a STAR on this defense and that's what the Skins would like to see. Norman's retort to that comment, "I bring it every week, playmaker every week, I know what I bring each and every week". I'm with Gruden on this one, Norman is simply average, with average speed and unable to play man to man and struggles at times in zone trying to over compensate for others. Personally, our cap is already screwed and I say we should either try to trade Norman or release him. He simply does not fit with the team.
I am all for it ,who replaces him ? do we go with stroman and Alexander ? Do
We hope Dunny can stay healthy ?

I say wait and see if the youngsters are ready before we get drastic

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for it ,who replaces him ? do we go with stroman and Alexander ? Do
We hope Dunny can stay healthy ?

I say wait and see if the youngsters are ready before we get drastic
Would it be a drastic move to release or trade Norman? I don't think so. He is a malcontent who is massively over paid and while this team is not winning a SB anytime soon, why pay Norman? Give the young guys reps man...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it be a drastic move to release or trade Norman? I don't think so. He is a malcontent who is massively over paid and while this team is not winning a SB anytime soon, why pay Norman? Give the young guys reps man...
yeah lets line up an unproven stroman in there , or alexander or moreland first before we know they can even be avg . that is drastic and there is no reason to do that now . maybe after TC when the dist settles but there is no reason to do it now . there is no finacial gain to it at all until june 1st

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah lets line up an unproven stroman in there , or alexander or moreland first before we know they can even be avg . that is drastic and there is no reason to do that now . maybe after TC when the dist settles but there is no reason to do it now . there is no finacial gain to it at all until june 1st
I'm talking about post June 1st dad. There is NO reason to keep Norman on this team. Who cares if Stroman, Alexander, Moreland, Dunny, FM or any other young player is out there and gets beat. So what, it happens in football. Shed the ridiculous $11.5M salary, find a new Mike backer and move on. Let the young guys play and grow together. The faster you incorporate them in now (while winning is not paramount to anyone except Gruden) the quicker we see growth, return and playoff games before LC contract expires.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about post June 1st dad. There is NO reason to keep Norman on this team. Who cares if Stroman, Alexander, Moreland, Dunny, FM or any other young player is out there and gets beat. So what, it happens in football. Shed the ridiculous $11.5M salary, find a new Mike backer and move on. Let the young guys play and grow together. The faster you incorporate them in now (while winning is not paramount to anyone except Gruden) the quicker we see growth, return and playoff games before LC contract expires.
it isnt a matter of getting "just beat " its a matter of if they can hold the position . and i dont know about you but winning is paramount

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it isnt a matter of getting "just beat " its a matter of if they can hold the position . and i dont know about you but winning is paramount
I get it, "you play to win the game", but let's not cloud judgment with where this team is at currently. We are at a point where we do not need to pay 1 corner $11.5M this year for virtually nothing.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, "you play to win the game", but let's not cloud judgment with where this team is at currently. We are at a point where we do not need to pay 1 corner $11.5M this year for virtually nothing.
Well we aren’t getting virtually nothing now are we ? We are getting at least top 15 cb play . Yes it’s overpriced but again until one of the youngsters shows on the field he is the man then you can’t dump JN . As for what we are , without a ton of injuries we are a playoff contender . So why step back for no real benefit

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we aren’t getting virtually nothing now are we ? We are getting at least top 15 cb play . Yes it’s overpriced but again until one of the youngsters shows on the field he is the man then you can’t dump JN . As for what we are , without a ton of injuries we are a playoff contender . So why step back for no real benefit

A playoff team with Keenum and or Haskins as our starter? A playoff team with holes in every unit on our defense except DL? A playoff team with Gruden still at the helm? A playoff team possibly because what ever rock Bruce Allen just woke up from under and decided winning off the field was probably not going to get his team back to a SB?
Look, I'm NOT busting your chops dad, just asking questions as you can see above. Most NFL talent evaluators have the Skins in the bottom 1/3 of the league so playoff's are a reach in their opinion. Will you please comment on the 3 questions above and tell me how we make the playoff's with these common denominators? Thanks!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A playoff team with Keenum and or Haskins as our starter? A playoff team with holes in every unit on our defense except DL? A playoff team with Gruden still at the helm? A playoff team possibly because what ever rock Bruce Allen just woke up from under and decided winning off the field was probably not going to get his team back to a SB?
Look, I'm NOT busting your chops dad, just asking questions as you can see above. Most NFL talent evaluators have the Skins in the bottom 1/3 of the league so playoff's are a reach in their opinion. Will you please comment on the 3 questions above and tell me how we make the playoff's with these common denominators? Thanks!
Most talent evaluators have been wrong about this team for years either positively or negatively . Stability At qb and last years top 15 defense will give us a punchers chance . What hole is at olb? Sweat should solve that , is Collins a hole ? What holes are at cb . We have quality options at every starting spot with some experienced depth. Remember CK had a team in the nfc title game 2 years ago . So my glass half full says we can contend

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is your side skinz