• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A loss to the bruins yes...but a player shows his potential...

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Schenn... really havent seen any flashes...this is by far his best performance in orange and black...could be a sign of things to come in the future...if this is not aberration...then...get your :pop2: ready...lol

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the whole game, but from what I seen....he looked pretty damn good.

Hope you're right Maniaa because I'd like to see him come out of his shell and step it up from here on out, but......then again.....how much ice time will he get when everyone comes back off the DL??

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the whole game, but from what I seen....he looked pretty damn good.

Hope you're right Maniaa because I'd like to see him come out of his shell and step it up from here on out, but......then again.....how much ice time will he get when everyone comes back off the DL??

i hope you saw him obliterate kampfer at least.. what a hit..

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope you saw him obliterate kampfer at least.. what a hit..

That was one of the best hits I have every, ever seen. He destroyed him. Schenn has been hitting everything that moves. I like it!!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the best hits I have every, ever seen. He destroyed him. Schenn has been hitting everything that moves. I like it!!!!!

Wow is all i have to say about that hit.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn much like Cooter continue to impress me, the big thing now I think is to continue to give them quality minutes. I know this is a deep forward team but 10-14 minutes a night is not going to help them develop into dominant NHLers. I feel JVR illustrates this point. He can have completely dominant games and shows that he can be a real elite player in this league one night getting 18+ minutes, then the next night e get's 13 and never really looks like he got in a rthym during the game.

The biggest problem I see is also our biggest team strength and tat is our depth at F, simply put we have too many guys who demand top 6 minutes. In fat we essentially have 10 top 9 F's now(G, Harts, Jagr, JVR, Schenn, Cooter, Read, Vorachek, Simminds, Talbot & Briere). In theory it is a great problem to have if all players are playing equal and some aren't' trying to develop. In my eyes our best option for moving forward this season would be lines like these...

Harts - G - Schenn
JVR - Cooter - Read
Simmonds - Briere - Jagr
Rinaldo/Sestito - Talbot - Harry Z

This way our young guys get the minutes they need to develop, our older guys get to limit their 5v5 time and stay fresh for the PP and playoffs. Or we could move a F for a D which we are in need of now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn much like Cooter continue to impress me, the big thing now I think is to continue to give them quality minutes. I know this is a deep forward team but 10-14 minutes a night is not going to help them develop into dominant NHLers. I feel JVR illustrates this point. He can have completely dominant games and shows that he can be a real elite player in this league one night getting 18+ minutes, then the next night e get's 13 and never really looks like he got in a rthym during the game.

The biggest problem I see is also our biggest team strength and tat is our depth at F, simply put we have too many guys who demand top 6 minutes. In fat we essentially have 10 top 9 F's now(G, Harts, Jagr, JVR, Schenn, Cooter, Read, Vorachek, Simminds, Talbot & Briere). In theory it is a great problem to have if all players are playing equal and some aren't' trying to develop. In my eyes our best option for moving forward this season would be lines like these...

Harts - G - Schenn
JVR - Cooter - Read
Simmonds - Briere - Jagr
Rinaldo/Sestito - Talbot - Harry Z

This way our young guys get the minutes they need to develop, our older guys get to limit their 5v5 time and stay fresh for the PP and playoffs. Or we could move a F for a D which we are in need of now.

Trading one of these players for D is what we need to do, preferrably JVR.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm perfectly fine w/ talbot on the 4th line.. on a team like this, that's where he belongs in my eyes

not that he's played poorly, its just that there are far more talented players than him that need the time

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer to be Briere since he's not still developing and his cap hit + contract years are hurting us at this point.

I dont think we could get as much as we would for briere than JVR. I think JVR would bring back much more of a solid player than Briere could.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we could get as much as we would for briere than JVR. I think JVR would bring back much more of a solid player than Briere could.

I think Briere would bring in a nice reward from a bubble/playoff team who is struggling for offense at the trade deadline. I think we'd could get a good young d-man and a 2nd/3rd round pick, especially considering he isn't a rental player and should give a team a kick in the ass come the playoffs.

JVR may have a higher value, but that because GM's around the league(like a few of us on the board) see JVR's potential once he is healthy and getting true top 6 mins every night. If JVR is to go out Luke Schenn isn't enough of a return there would need to be a high pick, for Suter I could see JVR and a 2nd if an extension is in place, for Weber I could see JVR a 1st & 2nd if an extension was in place. Everyone has to remember just because other GM's value their defensemen a certain way doesn't mean that we just accept it and agree to trade away our top end prospects + a ton of picks to acquire an unsigned player.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Briere would bring in a nice reward from a bubble/playoff team who is struggling for offense at the trade deadline. I think we'd could get a good young d-man and a 2nd/3rd round pick, especially considering he isn't a rental player and should give a team a kick in the ass come the playoffs.

JVR may have a higher value, but that because GM's around the league(like a few of us on the board) see JVR's potential once he is healthy and getting true top 6 mins every night. If JVR is to go out Luke Schenn isn't enough of a return there would need to be a high pick, for Suter I could see JVR and a 2nd if an extension is in place, for Weber I could see JVR a 1st & 2nd if an extension was in place. Everyone has to remember just because other GM's value their defensemen a certain way doesn't mean that we just accept it and agree to trade away our top end prospects + a ton of picks to acquire an unsigned player.

on briere: i actually think he could get a real solid return in terms of prospects from a team certain of the playoffs, and looking to get over the hump.. i think briere could get a big return from someone like the blues with a ton of talent and work ethic, but not a ton of playoff experience and they could use another weapon in the playoffs.. and there aren't much bigger weapons in the playoffs than briere.. plus i think they have a ton of d-prospects (not sure on this one).. but that's where i think briere's value is.. blues, senators, preds, and to a lesser extent, the panthers.. actually now that i've written that, i could really see the blues making an offer for briere.. he's almost a perfect fit for them IMO.. only downside is he's not sound defensively, but i think the offensive pop is worth it, if i'm the blues GM

and i dont think JvR, a 1st, and a 2nd, is going to get weber.. in fact, i say no way.. i know its eklund, but him saying it would take a proposal of Schenn, Coburn, Wellwood, and a 1st isn't that far fetched from everything else i've read.. i dont think it would take that much, but i also dont think it would take as little as JvR, a 1st, and a 2nd

and like you said, just cause they want that, doesn't mean they'll get it.. so it might be time to look elsewhere.. but that's all i was saying, if gleason is valued that much, its time to look elsewhere

back to the briere thing: i dno if they'd accept it, but i would see what their reaction was to briere for shattenkirk or pietrangelo..

Last edited by a moderator:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would have guessed Talbot would have 12 goals at this point of the season or even for the season?:fish:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in complete agreement, but it was more than just Schenn. I have yet to comment on this game yet, so I can safely say that despite the shootout "loss," our boys became men this past sunday afternoon and I am damn proud of them.

Here's why. The Bruins are the defending champs and they spanked us 6-0 in our last meeting, a game we still haven't shown up for. This time we're missing Jagr, Briere, Pronger and JvR, get down 3-1 through one in what appeared to be another onslaught, but STILL fought from behind TWICE and forced overtime against a healthy, elite team that always plays hard against us and NEVER blows two goal leads.

I'm telling you, our Flyers turned a corner on sunday and I couldn't be happier. We really, truly should've won that game. We were beating the Bruins at their own game (physicality) and it was something to behold, especially when you consider that we dressed EIGHT rookies.

That was quite possibly the best game I've seen all season long.

Last edited by a moderator: