• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

a look at some past trades

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about the Champ trade the other day and although I think we lost that trade we did get a good player. Not as good as Champ not to mention we added a pick.

I don't watch Redskins nation because I HATE Larry Michael. However it came on last night and they were interviewing Ken Houston. What a great football player. He was one of my all time favorites.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about the Champ trade the other day and although I think we lost that trade we did get a good player. Not as good as Champ not to mention we added a pick.

I don't watch Redskins nation because I HATE Larry Michael. However it came on last night and they were interviewing Ken Houston. What a great football player. He was one of my all time favorites.
these young bucks dont know how great ken houston was . he would give taylor a run for his money at safety

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe that the RG3 trade in hindsight is the worst one ever for the Skins & may continue to be that way for years to come.

The Smith trade was bad in hindsight but would likely not be devastating save for bad luck (& will damager the team this season but possibly not beyond that). Don't get me wrong - it was bad - just not as bad as the RG3 one.

Several lessons to be learned from the RG3 trade - 1. coach. GM & everyone else should be on the same page - they were not on this one. 2. Attitude should be part of the reason for selection & red flags should have gone up for RG3 & possibly his dad 3. QB is important but you can't basically gut your team just to get a QB. 3 1st rd picks & 1 2nd rounder is too much unless you 100% believe that QB will be the next Brady (& maybe not even then).

Hopefully the Redskins learned from that situation. However I am very, very confident that they did not.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your reference to Brady, there is no guarantee. It is important to remember that Brady was a 6th round pick and many NFL QBs are not high first round picks.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your reference to Brady, there is no guarantee. It is important to remember that Brady was a 6th round pick and many NFL QBs are not high first round picks.

Fair pt. I guess I am referring to a generational QB & there are not many of those in the era where college QBs play a completely different game than in the NFL. I guess that Trevor Lawrence is as close to that as possible at this pt. depending on if he stays healthy & progresses over the next few years (scary how good he could become).

Even then probably not worth giving up tons of picks in that case- probably best just to make the best out of the picks that you have & not be looking for perfection. Oh well - I will just be amazed if this team doesn't screw things up in that area again. I dread the thought of the Redskins FO trying to make some big splashy move this offseason - we will see.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair pt. I guess I am referring to a generational QB & there are not many of those in the era where college QBs play a completely different game than in the NFL. I guess that Trevor Lawrence is as close to that as possible at this pt. depending on if he stays healthy & progresses over the next few years (scary how good he could become).

Even then probably not worth giving up tons of picks in that case- probably best just to make the best out of the picks that you have & not be looking for perfection. Oh well - I will just be amazed if this team doesn't screw things up in that area again. I dread the thought of the Redskins FO trying to make some big splashy move this offseason - we will see.

The RG3 trade was one of the worst.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these young bucks dont know how great ken houston was . he would give taylor a run for his money at safety

Houston was better than Taylor. Paul Krauss also although the Skins screwed that up.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston was better than Taylor. Paul Krauss also although the Skins screwed that up.

Would agree but hard to make a valid comparison since Taylor's career was cut short. Taylor was driven & had a constant desire to improve so no telling how he would have evolved if those POS kids didn't kill him. The biggest concern would be how he would adjust his game in an era where fierce hits are no longer allowed, but I somehow believe that he would have adjusted his game accordingly. We will never know.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would agree but hard to make a valid comparison since Taylor's career was cut short. Taylor was driven & had a constant desire to improve so no telling how he would have evolved if those POS kids didn't kill him. The biggest concern would be how he would adjust his game in an era where fierce hits are no longer allowed, but I somehow believe that he would have adjusted his game accordingly. We will never know.

Sean Taylor was the last transcendent player we had. He was truly special.