• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Little Help Please with the Purchase of an Antique Six Shooter..

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My oldest son is an Air Force pilot. He flies the C-130. I was thinking of buying him an old west style 6 shooter, an authentic one. Can anyone help me with where to buy one? Are there any that are affordable? Thanks in advance.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most common are the Colt SAA .45 LC are the most collectable because ammo is very easy to get but they also command a premium. The Colt 1st gen guns are the ones you want to go after. Look for one with a good bore if its dull and gray with strong rifling through out it's a shooter don't worry about it being bright and shiny the these guns are going to be 70 years or older. When cocking the hammer make sure it has four clicks, when operating the hammer make sure the cylinder rotates and is tight when cocked and also when the hammer is down. A little play is okay but not sloppy. You will be looking at the price point of $2000.00 and over.

If that's not in your ball game a used 3rd gen Colt can be had for around $1000.00 to $1500.00. Colt 3rd gen SAA are in production today but I always like buying used in most cases just save you money and Colt just doesn't produce a lot of them each year.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most common are the Colt SAA .45 LC are the most collectable because ammo is very easy to get but they also command a premium. The Colt 1st gen guns are the ones you want to go after. Look for one with a good bore if its dull and gray with strong rifling through out it's a shooter don't worry about it being bright and shiny the these guns are going to be 70 years or older. When cocking the hammer make sure it has four clicks, when operating the hammer make sure the cylinder rotates and is tight when cocked and also when the hammer is down. A little play is okay but not sloppy. You will be looking at the price point of $2000.00 and over.

If that's not in your ball game a used 3rd gen Colt can be had for around $1000.00 to $1500.00. Colt 3rd gen SAA are in production today but I always like buying used in most cases just save you money and Colt just doesn't produce a lot of them each year.
Thank you so much for the info.