• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A little cooking help please

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need some new variety of recipes for good food to cook. Not looking for gourmet per say but just stuff that you guys like or old family recipes to try, I really like to cook and would like to create a menu of sorts based on some others recipes..

Thanks..

I already know how to make a shit sandwich so save it Auto! Plus that I hate bread!!:smile:

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You need to get my wifes swiss bean casserole recipe. It hooks folks quicker than crack cocaine! If you like the traditional green bean casserole or just like green beans and cheese, you'll love it!

edit - I'll ask her when I see her tonight

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can make a great Chicken broccoli and cheese w/rice meal. But that might be a little too low brow?

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey it don't matter what it is, if you throw out the recipe I'll at least give it a try..

MrMagooo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My fav.

Scallops

Melt enough butter to cover a pan. Sprinkle some garlic herbs and cover them with bread crumbs. Bake at 450 for bout 20 mins...Super yummy

MrMagooo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Or you can go with Ramon noodles always a good choice.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to get my wifes swiss bean casserole recipe. It hooks folks quicker than crack cocaine! If you like the traditional green bean casserole or just like green beans and cheese, you'll love it!

edit - I'll ask her when I see her tonight

Ps: add bacon. I do that to my green bean casserole and it KILLS.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black bean and mango salad is helllllla good. Look it up.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supe, I posted this one for ktg8rsgrl a few days ago, but she couldn't use it...she doesn't react well to curry. But if you like Thai food, this may be a good one for you. It's also fast and easy.

Make some plain white rice. While it's cooking, heat some canola or veg oil in a medium skillet. Sautee a couple of chicken tenders/cutlets until they're about half-done, then add a whole can of coconut milk and some red curry powder. How much curry is up to you. This recipe can run the full spectrum from wimp-friendly to HOLY SHIT.

Simmer on med-low heat until the chicken is done, then add a dollup of creamy peanut butter and (optional) a pinch of dried sweet basil. Stir until blended, and serve on the rice. It tastes a lot like Pad Thai, only it's more basic and easier to make.

You can also make this recipe with boneless chicken breasts, but they take a little longer to cook.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supe, I posted this one for ktg8rsgrl a few days ago, but she couldn't use it...she doesn't react well to curry. But if you like Thai food, this may be a good one for you. It's also fast and easy.

Make some plain white rice. While it's cooking, heat some canola or veg oil in a medium skillet. Sautee a couple of chicken tenders/cutlets until they're about half-done, then add a whole can of coconut milk and some red curry powder. How much curry is up to you. This recipe can run the full spectrum from wimp-friendly to HOLY SHIT.

Simmer on med-low heat until the chicken is done, then add a dollup of creamy peanut butter and (optional) a pinch of dried sweet basil. Stir until blended, and serve on the rice. It tastes a lot like Pad Thai, only it's more basic and easier to make.

You can also make this recipe with boneless chicken breasts, but they take a little longer to cook.

Hey thanks, I will def give this a try, I love Thai food but no such places exist here in Mayberry.. And yes it does sound very easy...

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm smoking turkey legs for the 4th.

Can't go wrong in the smoker! Low and slow is the way to go!

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey thanks, I will def give this a try, I love Thai food but no such places exist here in Mayberry.. And yes it does sound very easy...

Hey, no problem. I'm in the RURAL part of northern Ohio, where the closest thing to ethnic food is pizza.