• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A lineup I wouldn't mind seeing today.....

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fontenot - SS
Sanchez - 2B
Huff - 1B
Posey - C
Burrell - LF
Uribe - 3B
Ross - CF
Schierholtz - RF
Sanchez - P

Keep the defense relatively in tact against a slumping Dodger team and get Sandoval out of there.

Man, Torres really does change everything. What lineups would you guys throw out there today?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....and yes, I KNOW that Velez = W, but I'm willing to take the odds. ;)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I did a long post on Torres, I'm now convinced he's the key to it all. He comes back strong I think we win the division, if not we miss the playoffs.

I like your lineup I guess. I too wish to sit Panda esp vs a lefty.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....and yes, I KNOW that Velez = W, but I'm willing to take the odds. ;)

Hahaha. Of course. I like your line-up, but I don't think Bochy will go for Schierholtz against a lefty. If Guillen is still banged up (which he has been since he got here, but I guess this is a new injury), I think The Gamer goes in center and Ross bounces over to right. Although Nate is .300/.364/.320 against lefties this year (albeit in only 50 ABs). We'll see. I'm pretty sure I'm rooting for your line-up despite Nate's less than stellar performance at the plate last night.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I did a long post on Torres, I'm now convinced he's the key to it all. He comes back strong I think we win the division, if not we miss the playoffs.

I like your lineup I guess. I too wish to sit Panda esp vs a lefty.

Yea, I read your post on the other board and that got me thinking. Then, when I was doing the various lineups we could trot out there, I thought.....damn.....Torres answers a lot of questions.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha. Of course. I like your line-up, but I don't think Bochy will go for Schierholtz against a lefty. If Guillen is still banged up (which he has been since he got here, but I guess this is a new injury), I think The Gamer goes in center and Ross bounces over to right. Although Nate is .300/.364/.320 against lefties this year (albeit in only 50 ABs). We'll see. I'm pretty sure I'm rooting for your line-up despite Nate's less than stellar performance at the plate last night.

I don't either Heath. I think you're right though, Bochy will throw Guillen back out there. I just wish Bochy would leave Guillen on the bench when the Giants are playing at home (unless he has ridiculous ownage on the opposing pitcher). It keeps him out of the spacious RF and it adds a solid bat to PH. The guy is slow when healthy, yet alone when he had to take some sort of cortisone (or something of the ilk) shot just to get the pain from his neck. You are right though, Schierholtz was pretty brutal yesterday at the plate.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Guillen starts tonight. My guess:

Ross CF
Franchez 2b
Huff 1b
Posey C
Burrell LF
Guillen RF
UUU 3b
Fontenot SS
Chez P

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ross CF
Franchez 2b
Huff 1b
Posey C
Burrell LF
Guillen RF
UUU 3b
Fontenot SS
Chez P

That one is probably more likely, but I fear a Boch preference towards Renteria now despite Fontenot's clutch hit last night. That single definitely should grab him more playing time, but for some reason, Renteria's base hit in the 1997 World Series has been grabbing him more playing time for over a decade. I know he has more clutch hits than that in his career, but that moment seems to stick out in managers' minds when making a line-up card in a crucial game. Plus, the whole righty vs. lefty thing is always prevalent. I think Fontenot and Renteria have similar ranges at short, so I wouldn't be completely against that swap, but hopefully, Fontenot will get some more PT this week.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one is probably more likely, but I fear a Boch preference towards Renteria now despite Fontenot's clutch hit last night. That single definitely should grab him more playing time, but for some reason, Renteria's base hit in the 1997 World Series has been grabbing him more playing time for over a decade. I know he has more clutch hits than that in his career, but that moment seems to stick out in managers' minds when making a line-up card in a crucial game. Plus, the whole righty vs. lefty thing is always prevalent. I think Fontenot and Renteria have similar ranges at short, so I wouldn't be completely against that swap, but hopefully, Fontenot will get some more PT this week.

Can't remember the details but didn't Rent have a game winning late HR for us just a couple of months ago?

Not trying to disagree on sitting him, but you made me think of a very recent clutch hit.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ross CF
Franchez 2b
Huff 1b
Posey C
Burrell LF
Guillen RF
UUU 3b
Fontenot SS
Chez P

I believe you are correct tzill. But if you were anointed manager for the day, what would you do (or would it be the same as the above)?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember the details but didn't Rent have a game winning late HR for us just a couple of months ago?

Not trying to disagree on sitting him, but you made me think of a very recent clutch hit.

Definitely. So late inning replacement in games started by right-hander? Possible starter against lefties? I'm even slowly coming around to having him start today. I like Fontenot coming in if the Dodgers switch to a righty out of the pen. I understand a lot of the game is rhythm, and pinch hitting isn't easy, but Boch seems to be the biggest supporter of match-up based decisions that I've seen in a Giants uniform.