• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.J. McCarron to be cut?

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Traded is also a possibility. Not sure if anyone would bite if they are going to cut him...

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for the dude.... He was in horrible situation in Buffalo given their offensive line and lack of playmakers. I'd gladly take him as a back-up.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just started warming up to Driskel as our backup.

However, I would never be opposed to McCarron being our backup here. He knows nothing about this system, or playbook now, but he is a quick learner.

3 year / 6 million dollar contract with 1 mill signing bonus?

Because if all he wants is one year, I would say no as that is just going to leave us searching again next year for another backup when he tries to go to another team as a possible starter.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. I'm good. Driskel is better.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also fine with Driskel.

AJ could have stayed, but he went out and thought he could be a starter. Then no one signed him, and he ended up in a crappy situation in Buff, but showed very little while there. Granted, the OL and other issues did not help, but just another guy who thought the grass was greener on the other side only to find: not so much.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also fine with Driskel.

AJ could have stayed, but he went out and thought he could be a starter. Then no one signed him, and he ended up in a crappy situation in Buff, but showed very little while there. Granted, the OL and other issues did not help, but just another guy who thought the grass was greener on the other side only to find: not so much.

Come on man. You can't possibly blame McCarron for wanting to see if he could be a starter in this league versus continuing to be Dalton's backup.

Hell, it looked like after the Buffalo preseason game, McCarron walked off the field with Dalton towards the Bengals locker room. I think he has such good friends here that coming back is not that far of a leap.

McCarron almost won us that game in Pitt and would have if not for Hill. I trust McCarron's experience over Driskels.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man. You can't possibly blame McCarron for wanting to see if he could be a starter in this league versus continuing to be Dalton's backup.

Hell, it looked like after the Buffalo preseason game, McCarron walked off the field with Dalton towards the Bengals locker room. I think he has such good friends here that coming back is not that far of a leap.

McCarron almost won us that game in Pitt and would have if not for Hill. I trust McCarron's experience over Driskels.

I'm just not paying him more than someone else to be a backup when you have more pressing monetary needs coming up. Every million counts. If he wants to sign for league minimum (and I don't know what that is currently), I might look at it, but at several mil a year...I'll pass. The Bengals are already facing an uphill battle to get back to a winning season, and if Dalton goes down, I don't see AJ stepping in over Driskel to be worth more than maybe 1 win. Either way, as much as some fans don't want to face facts, if Dalton goes down, this team is screwed (as is just about every other team in the NFL if their starter goes down at QB).

Also, no I can't blame him, but at the same time he should have known better. No one was beating down the door to trade for him, except for Cleveland and they don't count. While he did play well enough in that Pitt game, it's not like he wow'd in his time replacing Dalton.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not paying him more than someone else to be a backup when you have more pressing monetary needs coming up. Every million counts. If he wants to sign for league minimum (and I don't know what that is currently), I might look at it, but at several mil a year...I'll pass. The Bengals are already facing an uphill battle to get back to a winning season, and if Dalton goes down, I don't see AJ stepping in over Driskel to be worth more than maybe 1 win. Either way, as much as some fans don't want to face facts, if Dalton goes down, this team is screwed (as is just about every other team in the NFL if their starter goes down at QB).

Also, no I can't blame him, but at the same time he should have known better. No one was beating down the door to trade for him, except for Cleveland and they don't count. While he did play well enough in that Pitt game, it's not like he wow'd in his time replacing Dalton.

Nobody really beat the door down for Jimmy G. either and now that guy is on the Top 100 list. SF got him for a 2nd rounder for god sakes...If Cleveland was aware of how to use a Fax machine we would have had a bigger haul for AJ. I'm not saying he's worth it, but I am saying he has some value.

While I agree that we're screwed if Dalton goes down, I'd rather have AJ and his experience than Driskel. Unless you think this team isn't going to compete so what's it matter.

I thought AJ did good in his starts here. That Denver game really sticks out to me.... He had his team poised to take a 17-0 lead on the road against the best defense in the league that year (the same defense that absolutely destroyed Cam Newton in the Super Bowl). The Nuge misses the field goal, the Bengals forget how to defend Brock "fucking" Oswelier and we eventually lose that game.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody really beat the door down for Jimmy G. either and now that guy is on the Top 100 list. SF got him for a 2nd rounder for god sakes...If Cleveland was aware of how to use a Fax machine we would have had a bigger haul for AJ. I'm not saying he's worth it, but I am saying he has some value.

While I agree that we're screwed if Dalton goes down, I'd rather have AJ and his experience than Driskel. Unless you think this team isn't going to compete so what's it matter.

I thought AJ did good in his starts here. That Denver game really sticks out to me.... He had his team poised to take a 17-0 lead on the road against the best defense in the league that year (the same defense that absolutely destroyed Cam Newton in the Super Bowl). The Nuge misses the field goal, the Bengals forget how to defend Brock "fucking" Oswelier and we eventually lose that game.

I don't disagree with Jimmy G, but no...I don't think this team is winning without Dalton. I think they have a tall task to win 9 games as it is. If Dalton goes down, they are looking at 5 wins, maybe 6. So does getting to 7 or even 8 wins matter? To me, no. Save the money, hopefully it can go towards AJ and Brown, and then take the earlier pick in the draft.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Was it an elaborate smokescreen or were the Browns legitimately offering a 2nd rd pick and change for McCarron towards the end of last season? That doesn't seem to match up with his offseason value and now he's on the verge of getting cut

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also I'd take him back at a reasonable 2nd string QB rate in a heartbeat

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't disagree with Jimmy G, but no...I don't think this team is winning without Dalton. I think they have a tall task to win 9 games as it is. If Dalton goes down, they are looking at 5 wins, maybe 6. So does getting to 7 or even 8 wins matter? To me, no. Save the money, hopefully it can go towards AJ and Brown, and then take the earlier pick in the draft.

I tend to agree that most teams (other than the Eagles I guess) are shit out of luck if their starting QB goes down for the season but what if Dalton's out for a few weeks. The difference between 2 and 1 or 1 and 2 over that stretch could mean a wildcard berth.

Assuming McCarron is cut by Buffalo (not following it closely, no idea what happens there) he'd be a good fit here as a backup

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traded to Oakland where he’ll earn a check checking out the cheerleaders....and then go home to his wife.

Rough life, A.J.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck are the Raiders doing? They follow up the retarded Khalil Mack trade by giving up a 5th for AJ?

Also why did Buffalo even sign AJ to begin with? They really think going into a season with Peterman/Allen under center with that trash o-line is a good plan?