• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A great deal to look forward too

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks. The Flyers lost.
However, this team was supposed to struggle all year, be hard pressed to make the playoffs and struggle to score goals. And that was before loosing Pronger for the season, Mez for 6 weeks to back surgery and all of the other chips that got knocked off.

On the bright side, Matt Read and Sean Couturier. These two, plus Brayden Shenn for an entire season. Think of the minutes that G and Danny B would not have to log with a healthy Shenn for an entire season. Harry Z and Sestito fighting for a spot. Gussy shows that he really does belong. When healthy Grossman is a physical player who helps make the rest of the D look better.

Bryzgalov has made it through the first year of a monster contract. He is a cut above goalie and is capable of more. With the team in front of him improving he too should benefit.

Say goodbye to Jody Shelley. Not really sure other than him who will be out the door. Carle could be dealt at the draft. That makes the most sense. Is Homer likely to blow the team up again, no. But with no real idea as to Pronger's future, and how he will impact the cap and Jagr, it is hard to see anything really big happening.

Still, looking ahead, JvR had a basically lost season and so did Shenn. Both are capable of much better things while I count Shenn as a positive, JvR is the wild card. He has been on the cusp for two years and basically lost a year to injury. I would not be in a hurry to trade him for anything less than a real player....no puck bag disposal. There have been players that I would take a puck bag and be greatful for....

It was a great, fun and frustrating season. We saw some wonderful plays and some young players step up in ways that we never could have expected. Looking forward to the draft weekend the chaos that always brings, and free agent fenzy.

Let's Go Flyers!!!

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have an amazing group of young talent and Homer is starting to look like he knows how to utilize the cap(finally).

However after this series I for one and at a complete loss and need a few days to collect my thoughts.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still fuming and dont know what the fuck happened.
Im happy with the young talent but am starving for a cup.

JVR, Jagr,Carle, Shitty,Lijia we all be gone