• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A fun game to play (The all Lovie/Trestman era team)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Combine this Bears offense, with any Bears Defense and SPT's of the Lovie Smith era. Where do you think they'd be?

IMO, with either the 05 or 06 defense this team would be this year's KC Chiefs with an offense that can put points on the board. From 2005 until 2006 when Tommie Harris went down, that was one of the best defenses I've ever seen.

Even with the 10, 11, and early 2012 defenses this team would be a super bowl contender.

This is totally a fantasy, obviously. I was just having this discussion earlier today, about how the Bears had over an entire decade to put this kind of an offense together and failed miserably. I'd even date back to the Dick Jauron era, where we had some very good defenses.

The ultimate Bears team since 2000, if you could combine any of the three phases, IMO... 2005 Bears D, 2006 Bears SPT's and 2013 Bears offense.

We could even take this one step further, and create an all Jauron/Smith/Trestman era team. Throw Peppers alone in with the 2005-06 Bears front seven. Wow... that's scary. What would the secondary look like? Tillman, Jennings, Mike Brown, and who's the SS? Chris Harris? Could we go back and include Tony Parrish? lol. I think Vasher would have been a hell of a nickel in his prime as well.

Imagine this. Cutler lines up in an offense with Forte as his RB... Thomas Jones/Cedric Benson as the change of pace back. Marshall and Jeffery on the outside. Martellus Bennett as his TE. Berrian as a deep threat? I don't see where Muhammad gets much playing time in that offense, despite how much I liked him.

His offensive line looks like this; Tait and Bushrod as the two tackles. Kyle Long and Ruben Brown as the two Guards. Olin Kruetz at center. All multiple pro bowl lineman, aside from Kyle who is likely to see a trip or two to Hawaii in his career.

Yeah, I think if Jay came to Chicago under those circumstances, lol... I don't think there'd be much questions about resigning him. Hell, Rex Grossman or Kyle Orton might still be here winning games. lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cubzzzfanincali

dude, I think I'd take the 2012 defense. 2005 was great but I almost think last year's was better (including the end of the year when they actually did pretty good with zero help from offense). But if we had a guy like Cutler instead of Grossman it probably would have been the best overall team...I still think that O line was quite a bit better than this one. Watching Roberto Garza get totally plowed over by Nick Fairly on that two point conversion attempt...yeah, sorry, have I mentioned how much I don't like Garza before?