• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A few questions for you

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking at trying to get to the United Center in early March for the Blackhawks/Wild game. What can you tell me about the area? Is it easy to get into/out of? Is it in a sketchy part of town? Are there reasonably priced hotels (like Motel 6, Super 8 or the like) nearby?

Any advice that you can give me would be appreciated; thanks! :)

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing really inexpensive in a non sketchy part of town. There are super 8's and Motel 6 on River Road in Schiller and Franklin park that are not sketchy, you would drive north again to get back on the expressway to take it back downtown if you dont want to drive thru neighborhoods. Are you driving in or flying in? Best bet would be to go to the outskirts of the airport areas if you dont want to see us.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just look at your route and see what you can find closer to the border where maybe you can drive another 45 minutes or so. If you are taking 94 to 290 to get there. Really the best way to stay out of the city and not pay those tourist taxes downtown, but theres always orbitz to search on any maybe get a great room at a motel 6 price.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info. :)

Since you're coming from Ft Wayne, I would suggest staying in NWI, probably Merrillville, and then driving into the city. Don't think you'll find many cheap options downtown, unless you're staying in a "sketchy" part of town.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy, I wouldn't stay near the United Center.
I'd listen to Irish's advice.
Parking is literally right across the street at the UC. Pay the extra money to park that close and you'll be in and out with no worries.