• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Darkhorse FA Destination For Conley/DeRozan

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly.

I've been adamant that Conley isn't a franchise PG. But, since they don't have any other real financial commitments - Philly - Can afford to overpay for his services and not regret it. They already have the starting-caliber big men (Noel and Okafor) to contend right now, similar to what Conley has in Memphis though much younger.

With the ridiculous amount of money the Raptors have thrown at Valanciunas, Ross, not to mention overpaying a bit for DeMarre Carroll, Toronto had better be careful or they might let DeRozan slip through their fingers.

Imagine this 2016-17 Sixers lineup:
  • PG Conley
  • SG DeRozan
  • SF Grant/Covington/H. Thompson
  • PF Noel
  • C Okafor
...Plus two possible lottery picks, and a bench that includes Stauskas, Holmes, Landry, and McConnell.

A scary proposition in the east.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think one goes without the other though. You don't want to get trapped in Philly so they got to be a package deal IMO.

There been talks here about Brooklyn going after Conley

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think one goes without the other though. You don't want to get trapped in Philly so they got to be a package deal IMO.

There been talks here about Brooklyn going after Conley

Being trapped in Brooklyn is worse, though. No first-rounders. All you really got to work with is Brook Lopez, and he's a mediocre defender for a big man. Thad Young is decent but he's not a player that's going to attract free agents.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see Philly getting that many free agents just yet, you can have all the money in the world but guys want to win as well.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Saric. But there's no way Philly is getting a big name FA this year, they're still rebuilding.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I never envisioned them being 1-30 at the time I created this thread...

tsubibo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, things change.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly.

I've been adamant that Conley isn't a franchise PG. But, since they don't have any other real financial commitments - Philly - Can afford to overpay for his services and not regret it. They already have the starting-caliber big men (Noel and Okafor) to contend right now, similar to what Conley has in Memphis though much younger.

With the ridiculous amount of money the Raptors have thrown at Valanciunas, Ross, not to mention overpaying a bit for DeMarre Carroll, Toronto had better be careful or they might let DeRozan slip through their fingers.

Imagine this 2016-17 Sixers lineup:
  • PG Conley
  • SG DeRozan
  • SF Grant/Covington/H. Thompson
  • PF Noel
  • C Okafor
...Plus two possible lottery picks, and a bench that includes Stauskas, Holmes, Landry, and McConnell.

A scary proposition in the east.
I definitely think the Sixers will be in on Conley......he would be BEYOND perfect for them. First- their back court is ATROCIOUS and Conley is one of the best in the league. 2nd- the guy is a GREAT leader- and a guy that I would have no reservations trusting with a big contract.

You forgot Dario Saric as well- the SF- who if he came out this year would be a top 5- he will be over from Europe next year finally.

Conley
DeRozan
Saric
Noel
Okafor

Stauskas, Covington, Embiid, high lotto pick(s), etc....ehhhh.....it would be a team that was competing for the playoffs ----- in a couple years if they draft like Simmons, and Saric and Noel and Okafor keep developing it definitely oculd be a really good team- but even with Conley and Derozan- right away next year thats still probably not a team that would win a playoff series.