• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

$9er Radio Analyst Suspended For Comments ABout Lamar Jackson

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randal Cunningham 135 career starts 4928 yards rushing 16 seasons
Steve Young 143 career starts 4239 yards rushing 15 seasons
Michael Vick 109 career starts 6109 yards rushing 13 seasons

Cunningham - 36 yards per start
Young - 30 yards per start
Vick - 56 yards per start

I wouldn’t consider either Cunningham or Young “running” quarterbacks. They were quarterbacks who could run when needed, but primarily focused on the pass (both had 30K or more passing yards). A lot of their “running” was just mobility and scrambling on broken plays. I’d put Russell Wilson in that same category. He can run, but he’s not a running QB.

True running QBs who feature the run as a prominent part of their game generally end up getting hurt.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cunningham - 36 yards per start
Young - 30 yards per start
Vick - 56 yards per start

I wouldn’t consider either Cunningham or Young “running” quarterbacks. They were quarterbacks who could run when needed, but primarily focused on the pass (both had 30K or more passing yards). A lot of their “running” was just mobility and scrambling on broken plays. I’d put Russell Wilson in that same category. He can run, but he’s not a running QB.

True running QBs who feature the run as a prominent part of their game generally end up getting hurt.

Well if you want to go with true running QB we would need to go back to the 60s or so. Nobody drafted QBs for running pretty much from the 70s and beyond.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At very worst, it was a bad choice of words....not that I agree with that either, but that's just our sissified society today. To claim racist? Yeah....that's just the twitter turds in action.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
source.gif

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I only watched Baltimore once this year against the 49ers so I only had one game to judge Lamar Jackson. From the game I watched Steve Young ran but nothing like Jackson. Young would drop back to pass and then if he saw an open lane would run. He tried to avoid contact. Lamar Jackson plays like a running back. The game I watched he was running the read option, running bootlegs. He is going to take alot of hits playing that way. I just don't see any QB having a long career playing like that.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say something stupid and offensive without it being malicious . Just because you may think the guy didnt mean anything bad by what he said it doesnt give a free pass on being an idiot

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only watched Baltimore once this year against the 49ers so I only had one game to judge Lamar Jackson. From the game I watched Steve Young ran but nothing like Jackson. Young would drop back to pass and then if he saw an open lane would run. He tried to avoid contact. Lamar Jackson plays like a running back. The game I watched he was running the read option, running bootlegs. He is going to take alot of hits playing that way. I just don't see any QB having a long career playing like that.

Unless they don't mind going to the ground to avoid the hit or at least the big ones. QBs aren't expected to go for those extra yards while running like RBs are. If done smartly, could work.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At very worst, it was a bad choice of words....not that I agree with that either, but that's just our sissified society today. To claim racist? Yeah....that's just the twitter turds in action.

I actually heard his comment. I was on my way to work and was listening to his morning segment on KNBR. I was startled when he said it and knew it cause controversy. But from the comments and the context of what he said, it was not malicious and some of the media outlets have mischaracterized what he said. I think the 49ers needed to do what they did to put it away. A number of players have come out in support of him and I think it is going to go away. He actually spends quite a bit of time with the players who seem to like him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they don't mind going to the ground to avoid the hit or at least the big ones. QBs aren't expected to go for those extra yards while running like RBs are. If done smartly, could work.

Steve Young did that mostly. But the game I watched Jackson was playing like a running back. I just don't think a QB is going to be able to sustain that. He is going to need to change the way he plays if he wants a long career.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually heard his comment. I was on my way to work and was listening to his morning segment on KNBR. I was startled when he said it and knew it cause controversy. But from the comments and the context of what he said, it was not malicious and some of the media outlets have mischaracterized what he said. I think the 49ers needed to do what they did to put it away. A number of players have come out in support of him and I think it is going to go away. He actually spends quite a bit of time with the players who seem to like him.

Dick Sherman seemed to be sort of OK with it. Sort of.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has gone over board with being PC to the point you need to have someone double check before you speak.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not here.....

We don't smash every remark or post that could be considered racist, but we give time outs to those we feel go to far. Often only the poster given the time out knows about it (and the mods of course).

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does he mean anyway ? You're not looking at the guy's skin when you make a tackle... lol tha @#$^

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't smash every remark or post that could be considered racist, but we give time outs to those we feel go to far. Often only the poster given the time out knows about it (and the mods of course).

Oh I understand all that, but there are many other things said here that if were said on TV.... Not just racist.

The hounds are released to run freely for the most part.

Just saying.