• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #9 Indiana vs #3 Ohio State (THE)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with our struggles with our secondary moving forward, we will need to set up more designed blitzes. QB pressure will help the secondary. I thought Zach Harrison and Jonathon Cooper would establish enough pass rush. It's a win and hopefully improve each week. That was a good test.
Can only hope (pray?) they are saving something, as well, for a potential CFP matchup

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we are all nervous about this team after watching big leads fall, but keep in mind this team has a shorter training camp and fewer games played to be turned up for this kind of competition. Granted, every team in college is going throughit, but give it time and I'm confident some of these issues will be resolved due to getting more experience. I wonder having the Maryland game canceled had some kind of psychological effect going into this game? No idea.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who knows what to think....If IU really is a top 10 team, then fine. seems like their passing game and pass rush might be, but I have doubts.

Hard to know without watching but seems like Fields reluctant to throw to guys unless clearly open....maybe needs to do what opponents do and let our stud WRs make plays. Obviously, CBs have issues. seems they can stay with guys but not stop them from catching the ball.

IU's passing attack was looking good. Running game not so much. Leading rusher had 10 yards on 3 carries. As a team they finished - 1. And Fields. He looked bad on a number of throws and held on to the ball to long at times.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, we supposedly had no shot to beat the Canes and no shot to beat bama (in 2014). Can anyone really play D these days?

But agree it was troubling and if they want to relieve Coombs of DC job I'm good with it.
Yeah but we had good defenses those two years. The athletes Bama and Clemson have will shred our secondary. We don’t have a dominant pass rush either.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know OSU won, but the defense is hurting. The DL put pressure on the Indiana QB, but rarely sacked him. Jonathan Cooper played well, but Zach Harrison remains disappointing. I wasn't expecting another Chase Young, but he hardly had his name called all day. Pete Werner was the best defensive player for OSU on the field today. Shaun Wade is playing out of his position. The rest of the defensive backs are very disappointing.

Even if they make the playoffs, the QB's they will face will be too much for the Defense to defend.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but we had good defenses those two years. The athletes Bama and Clemson have will shred our secondary. We don’t have a dominant pass rush either.
Alabama’s defense isn’t exactly stellar, either.

This year’s CFP will be about outscoring people and defenses making just enough plays to win.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It DOES say Sportshoopla. Might as well change it to Politicalhoopla.
I said basically the same thing and got bullshitted and shit talked into the ground. My idea was to not have PF recent posts show up on general discusion recents. The reason being that pf spams so many posts, so much spam, etc. That it removes all sports recents almost instantly.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised that Indiana played Ohio State so strong.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised that Indiana played Ohio State so strong.
They didn't. You must have only seen the score at the end of the game. osu let off the gas and almost fucked themselves.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't. You must have only seen the score at the end of the game. osu let off the gas and almost fucked themselves.
42-35 says the game was close.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama could allegedly play D and we shredded them. Are we sure their QB is as effective if we can slow down Harris? sure, he might be (Penix was with no running game).....but if the option is a glorified exhibition game or a shot at the title, I prefer the shot at the title.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IU's passing attack was looking good. Running game not so much. Leading rusher had 10 yards on 3 carries. As a team they finished - 1. And Fields. He looked bad on a number of throws and held on to the ball to long at times.
No doubt about that last comment. as I said in another post I'd like to see him throw it up to covered WRs we have (who are elite) and let them make plays then eat it for a sack. Not always, of course, but other QBs seem to do this a lot on deep sideline outs and my guess is as bad as they've p;layed our CBs are still better than our opponent has.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Ohio State is in the Championship series. They are good but not great. Wisconsin is way overrated in my opinion.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama’s defense isn’t exactly stellar, either.

This year’s CFP will be about outscoring people and defenses making just enough plays to win.
Exactly. Nothing against your team (as you seem to agree), but will Bama face a team in the SEC who has the weapons OSU has? Now, it's definitely true Bama has far more than OSu would have seen if they face each other.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about that last comment. as I said in another post I'd like to see him throw it up to covered WRs we have (who are elite) and let them make plays then eat it for a sack. Not always, of course, but other QBs seem to do this a lot on deep sideline outs and my guess is as bad as they've p;layed our CBs are still better than our opponent has.

Hopefully that's his only lousy game of the season for him. Did you see meeeechegan struggle against Rutgers last night? ann arbor's a dumpsterfire. It's great.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Nothing against your team (as you seem to agree), but will Bama face a team in the SEC who has the weapons OSU has? Now, it's definitely true Bama has far more than OSu would have seen if they face each other.
Florida is the most talented we could face, and the biggest difference is Fields is a legit running threat. TAMU and OM have weapons as well, but tOSU has more of them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida is the most talented we could face, and the biggest difference is Fields is a legit running threat. TAMU and OM have weapons as well, but tOSU has more of them.
I do wonder if we drop one and IU does not do they get into CCG over us at 7-1 (we'd be 6-1) even though we beat them?

That being said, if we drop one cannot imagine we have much of a chance in CFP unless loss was something crazy (fluke plays, guys out for covid, etc).

And good point about Fields....might see him run a lot more in such a game as no reason to save him anymore by then (if that makes sense).