• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #9 Indiana vs #3 Ohio State (THE)

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G has too many weak teams. Even Northwestern is 5-0.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G refs are the worst. The travesty of what happened to Purdue is unforgivable. Today so far there was an extremely controversial catch and fumble that wasn’t reviewed, and now a little one arm swat of a lineman’s hand out of your face is a 15 yarder.

yes. big time. Purdue should be pissed as hell......

OSU was robbed of a possession.....

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes. big time. Purdue should be pissed as hell......

OSU was robbed of a possession.....
At least B1G officials can run a replay in decent time.

SEC officials turn routine calls into conferences that make Yalta seem quick.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, after reading through this thread and listening to a few different media takes on this game, I have to put my 2 cents in.......

1. yes, Fields had a rough day, he played poorly. He rarely has a bad game. All Qbs do at some point. He still played good enough to help win the game.
2. The defense, yes, does need some work. I think the criticism is a little overblown. Everyone after the game seems to have forgotten that Indiana actually IS a good team this year, in fact #9. It seems that everyone is back to thinking that Indiana is back to the 4-9 level doormat team of the past. This after prior to the game, many saying, well this is going to be a tough game for OSU.......... Indiana has what it takes to do it this year..... etc......
3. I actually am happy to see Indiana finally having some success this season after many years of many games almost beating numerous teams they weren't supposed to.

IMHO, Ryan Day made a stupid decision near the end in not taking a FG, AND OSU was robbed of a 1st half possession that who knows now what it would've resulted in............. probably more points.

Now, the overall attitude of sports talking heads is hilarious in how they treat a win of this type from winning team to winning team. Yes, it does vary. I've seen in the past when bama or clemson win in this fashion, the sports media falls all over themselves in taking the position that, "we must remember just how good a team "losing team X" really is. They were a top ten team! They have a ton of talent and we all knew they'd give bama/clem their best shot, but hats off to bama/clem for staying strong and pulling out and holding onto this win. It shows their grit. etc...... :rolleyes2:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G has too many weak teams. Even Northwestern is 5-0.

Northwestern is an inconsistent team year to year but always seems to play defense. Pretty sure they have the #1 defense in the country...tough teams with just a bunch of tough white guys.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, after reading through this thread and listening to a few different media takes on this game, I have to put my 2 cents in.......

1. yes, Fields had a rough day, he played poorly. He rarely has a bad game. All Qbs do at some point. He still played good enough to help win the game.
2. The defense, yes, does need some work. I think the criticism is a little overblown. Everyone after the game seems to have forgotten that Indiana actually IS a good team this year, in fact #9. It seems that everyone is back to thinking that Indiana is back to the 4-9 level doormat team of the past. This after prior to the game, many saying, well this is going to be a tough game for OSU.......... Indiana has what it takes to do it this year..... etc......
3. I actually am happy to see Indiana finally having some success this season after many years of many games almost beating numerous teams they weren't supposed to.

IMHO, Ryan Day made a stupid decision near the end in not taking a FG, AND OSU was robbed of a 1st half possession that who knows now what it would've resulted in............. probably more points.

Now, the overall attitude of sports talking heads is hilarious in how they treat a win of this type from winning team to winning team. Yes, it does vary. I've seen in the past when bama or clemson win in this fashion, the sports media falls all over themselves in taking the position that, "we must remember just how good a team "losing team X" really is. They were a top ten team! They have a ton of talent and we all knew they'd give bama/clem their best shot, but hats off to bama/clem for staying strong and pulling out and holding onto this win. It shows their grit. etc...... :rolleyes2:

They just need to finish games, plain and simple. Up 35-7 they just need to keep focus and keep their gameplan as is. Either the defense seems way better in 1st half of games OR the opponent catches on passes more to keep them on their heels. So that is one thing that is very shaky, the secondary. No other problems other than the OL getting manhandled at times especially against the pass protection. Running game was a big lift. Fields had a bad game and the worst game I've seen him play as far as decision-making at times. He deserves one pass, he's been so great lol. Only thing about Fields that is a BIT worrisome now is him as far as a prospect now bc we really do know some of his issues of holding onto the ball too long and his slow release but as far as the Buckeyes right now I think the two points I mentioned is worrisome...great points btw as far as Indiana, they are a very very solid team and their QB is a stud for sure.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northwestern is an inconsistent team year to year but always seems to play defense. Pretty sure they have the #1 defense in the country...tough teams with just a bunch of tough white guys.
Northwestern is an all-white team?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just need to finish games, plain and simple. Up 35-7 they just need to keep focus and keep their gameplan as is. Either the defense seems way better in 1st half of games OR the opponent catches on passes more to keep them on their heels. So that is one thing that is very shaky, the secondary. No other problems other than the OL getting manhandled at times especially against the pass protection. Running game was a big lift. Fields had a bad game and the worst game I've seen him play as far as decision-making at times. He deserves one pass, he's been so great lol. Only thing about Fields that is a BIT worrisome now is him as far as a prospect now bc we really do know some of his issues of holding onto the ball too long and his slow release but as far as the Buckeyes right now I think the two points I mentioned is worrisome...great points btw as far as Indiana, they are a very very solid team and their QB is a stud for sure.

Yeah, I meant to comment more about the lead and losing it. 35-7. you all can bet your asses the defense got their asses reamed by the coaches. probably historic verbal ass kickings in the locker room. no way that should've happened. not saying Indiania shouldn't have scored at all, but not 4 TDs........ Anyway, I don't think the defense is as bad as some are suggesting. The team had a bad day - but they better work the kinks out before Michigan, NW, and the playoffs........ But have to congratulate the hoosiers on a hell of a good game.

great fucking week to be playing Illinois.......

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northwestern is an all-white team?

I did take a look at their roster seems like they don't have as many white players as they normally do but still mainly white guys lol