• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9 Decade MLB Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They spent a top 5 pick to downgrade at PG for at least 3 years. And it is not like Dunn is super young, he is only 3 years younger than Rubio. At least with the others they tried to fill a hole in the line up, I mean they misjudged the talent badly, but at least it was not a downgrade.

With others they tried to fill a hole? So drafting 2 point guards was filling a hole? Rubio is a horrible shooter and that is not likely to improve, he's not great defensively, the only thig about him thats any good is he's a good passer, yawn!

Rubio turns 26 tomorrow, has been in the league 5 years and hasn't improved at all. If anything he's regressed. Time to move on!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With others they tried to fill a hole? So drafting 2 point guards was filling a hole? Rubio is a horrible shooter and that is not likely to improve, he's not great defensively, the only thig about him thats any good is he's a good passer, yawn!

Rubio turns 26 tomorrow, has been in the league 5 years and hasn't improved at all. If anything he's regressed. Time to move on!

You know who else is a horrible shooter? Dunn.

Rubio is a very good defender, he tends to gamble a little too much, but more often than not he does it at the right time.

Every aspect of the wolves perform better when Rubio is on the floor, because he is good at everything BUT scoring. That is all anyone cares about. You are right though, a top 5 pick to downgrade everything about your PG except number of dunks is totally a great idea.

and Dunn is 22, He is already older than the core he is supposed to grow with. Dunn plays the hardest position to learn in basketball, by the time he is ready he will be 25(Rubios age) and he might be better in a few things by that point....maybe.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who else is a horrible shooter? Dunn.

Rubio is a very good defender, he tends to gamble a little too much, but more often than not he does it at the right time.

Every aspect of the wolves perform better when Rubio is on the floor, because he is good at everything BUT scoring. That is all anyone cares about. You are right though, a top 5 pick to downgrade everything about your PG except number of dunks is totally a great idea.

and Dunn is 22, He is already older than the core he is supposed to grow with. Dunn plays the hardest position to learn in basketball, by the time he is ready he will be 25(Rubios age) and he might be better in a few things by that point....maybe.

This means nothing, better than what? Better than horrible back ups the Wolves have had? He's not good at everything, 10 assists is great but when you have 6 turnovers it's really not that great, if defenses know they can play off you because you can't shoot that allows them to do things defensively to stop players who can score.

Might take Dunn three years? Three years for what? How has Rubio improved in five years? He hasn't, he's same player he was when he came into the league. If you were on cBS back before we drafted Rubio you would have seen nobody wanted him more than me, but he is not nearly the player I thought he'd be and after five years it's safe to say he never will be.

Rubio turns 26 tomorrow, he's proven nothing and the Wolves need a player totally commited to being on this team and helping us win, that's not Rubio!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon, man. I am way too lazy to go back and find that.

So am I, but it did say something along the lines of there will be no skipping but dont make us wait all day or I will skip you, I might be wrong but being I text him yesterday at like 4:30 and he text back saying he'd pick later that night then didn't and still hasn't picked by 12:00 today I gotsta draw the line somewhere.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This means nothing, better than what? Better than horrible back ups the Wolves have had? He's not good at everything, 10 assists is great but when you have 6 turnovers it's really not that great, if defenses know they can play off you because you can't shoot that allows them to do things defensively to stop players who can score.

Might take Dunn three years? Three years for what? How has Rubio improved in five years? He hasn't, he's same player he was when he came into the league. If you were on cBS back before we drafted Rubio you would have seen nobody wanted him more than me, but he is not nearly the player I thought he'd be and after five years it's safe to say he never will be.

Rubio turns 26 tomorrow, he's proven nothing and the Wolves need a player totally commited to being on this team and helping us win, that's not Rubio!

Take Dunn 3 years to pick up what he needs to be a PG in this league. The position takes a long time to learn at that level, and better prospects than Dunn took longer than 3 years.

Rubio's Jumpshot has not improved, but his game has. He went from a liability on Defense to a plus, and whether teams play off him or not the team still runs better and puts up better more efficient numbers when he is on the floor.

If you main reason for not wanting Rubio around anymore is for his jumpshot you are in for a real sad time when Dunn takes over. I can agree that Dunns long term potential is higher, but it is more than a few years away. They could have packaged that pick with a player and really upgraded somewhere. Or better yet taken a project at an actual position of need (PF), instead they downgraded at the most critical position. It is a horrible use of a top 5 pick.

To me this is no different than the Exum pick for Utah. The rest of the team is ready to compete well before the project PG they took, and to make up for it they had to go hunting for journey man to fill in the gap. Wolves will be doing the same thing after they trade Rubio and the team will be worse for it.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it's back to hockey?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take Dunn 3 years to pick up what he needs to be a PG in this league. The position takes a long time to learn at that level, and better prospects than Dunn took longer than 3 years.

Rubio's Jumpshot has not improved, but his game has. He went from a liability on Defense to a plus, and whether teams play off him or not the team still runs better and puts up better more efficient numbers when he is on the floor.

If you main reason for not wanting Rubio around anymore is for his jumpshot you are in for a real sad time when Dunn takes over. I can agree that Dunns long term potential is higher, but it is more than a few years away. They could have packaged that pick with a player and really upgraded somewhere. Or better yet taken a project at an actual position of need (PF), instead they downgraded at the most critical position. It is a horrible use of a top 5 pick.

To me this is no different than the Exum pick for Utah. The rest of the team is ready to compete well before the project PG they took, and to make up for it they had to go hunting for journey man to fill in the gap. Wolves will be doing the same thing after they trade Rubio and the team will be worse for it.

A couple things, I am not now nor have I ever been a Dunn fan so for me this isn't about that. This for me is more about Rubio is not the answer and it's time to move on, I will agree I wish they had gone in a different direction but let's not get ahead of ourselves this team is not competing for a Championship this year or next, we are probably looking at the 2018 - 2019 season as a season where we will really be in the conversation.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple things, I am not now nor have I ever been a Dunn fan so for me this isn't about that. This for me is more about Rubio is not the answer and it's time to move on, I will agree I wish they had gone in a different direction but let's not get ahead of ourselves this team is not competing for a Championship this year or next, we are probably looking at the 2018 - 2019 season as a season where we will really be in the conversation.

I agree completely that Wolves are not ready to compete, I think they can(maybe) sneak into the playoffs this year and get swept. Next year I expect them to be in the home court discussion. And by year 3 ready to be considered a contender.

In that Window though I just think Dunn is behind the rest of the team in progression, while also being older than them. I would rather have spent that pick to trade for something else, that is the main reason I think it was wasted.

Just as an example, Lets say they combine the 5 with some other assets for Derrick Favors. They turn the weakest position on the team into a strength and still don't have a starter over 26 at that point.

We disagree on Rubio, but even if we are going to replace him don't do it for a guy that duplicates his biggest weakness while not improving anything other than scoring at the basket.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAHAA, this coming from the guy who still hasn't posted the 3rd place or Championship games in the NBA draft...

I cant. I am in Texas with no wi-fi and no computer. Ritz said he would...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ritz said he can post the matchups in an hour or so

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put our house on the market 2 days ago....pipe strung a leak at 12:30 last night. Will be spending the rest of my day cutting drywall, fixing the leak and patching it back up. Fun times....

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put our house on the market 2 days ago....pipe strung a leak at 12:30 last night. Will be spending the rest of my day cutting drywall, fixing the leak and patching it back up. Fun times....

These are the times you'll look back on and cherish when you get older...