• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8.3 Dia de Cueto at Rockheads

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t deserve its own thread, but it does deserve a mention...

Ralph Barbieri died today (or at least it was announced today).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t deserve its own thread, but it does deserve a mention...

Ralph Barbieri died today (or at least it was announced today).

Yeah, he passed today. Not to speak ill of the dead, but he kinda wore thin on me after a number of years. I liked him for a long time, and then he just became a whiner. "The Giants are cheap" was his favorite refrain. It got tired. Still and all, he was part of our fabric and a fellow USF alum. May his memory be a blessing.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he passed today. Not to speak ill of the dead, but he kinda wore thin on me after a number of years. I liked him for a long time, and then he just became a whiner. "The Giants are cheap" was his favorite refrain. It got tired. Still and all, he was part of our fabric and a fellow USF alum. May his memory be a blessing.
I remember when I was HS and he was the 15s update guy. I couldn’t believe a guy with THAT voice was on the radio (neither could anyone else on the air, for that matter). As for his grating personality, it wasn’t as bad as just about everyone else on the station at the time or since. Ferrell, Franklin, Radnich, Fitz (admittedly, he knows his basketball), Krueger (possibly the most knowledgeable football guy I have ever heard on the radio)... All blowhard trolls. At least Razor could get real, and he did create some of the best moments in BA radio history.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when I was HS and he was the 15s update guy. I couldn’t believe a guy with THAT voice was on the radio (neither could anyone else on the air, for that matter). As for his grating personality, it wasn’t as bad as just about everyone else on the station at the time or since. Ferrell, Franklin, Radnich, Fitz (admittedly, he knows his basketball), Krueger (possibly the most knowledgeable football guy I have ever heard on the radio)... All blowhard trolls. At least Razor could get real, and he did create some of the best moments in BA radio history.

I don't disagree; maybe it's just the nature of radio guys to eventually get tired. Familiarity breeding contempt and all. I liked Ferrell; got to meet him once and I found him funny. Franklin was a tired douche from the get. Radnich just loved to ask about money, which is/was gauche. Fitz as a host was ok; as a Ws announcer he is the WORST type of homer. Krueger is a whiny tool, but I agree he's very knowledgeable about football. Damon Douche is awful. Kolsky I was prepared to really really like until he became a tool on twitter. Tom and Rod are ok and I still love Murph and Mac.

Barbieri was unique and often was very good. His last 5 years he became a blowhard whiner tho. It's tough to be a Murph, a Mac, or a Mr T...those guys are priceless.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a treat it is that FZ traded for Yaz...dude continues to impress.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whelp....that inning ended like a wet fart....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree; maybe it's just the nature of radio guys to eventually get tired. Familiarity breeding contempt and all. I liked Ferrell; got to meet him once and I found him funny. Franklin was a tired douche from the get. Radnich just loved to ask about money, which is/was gauche. Fitz as a host was ok; as a Ws announcer he is the WORST type of homer. Krueger is a whiny tool, but I agree he's very knowledgeable about football. Damon Douche is awful. Kolsky I was prepared to really really like until he became a tool on twitter. Tom and Rod are ok and I still love Murph and Mac.

Barbieri was unique and often was very good. His last 5 years he became a blowhard whiner tho. It's tough to be a Murph, a Mac, or a Mr T...those guys are priceless.
I can’t stand Mac. He knows next to nothing about sports. He just acts like the old dude trying to hang out at the frat party.

Tommy is the best. He can get a bit sanctimonious, but I truly believe he is a legit great guy.

I liked Brooks when he was with Fitz. I guess it was because of the contrast between the two. Putting him with Tommy just doesn’t make a a lot of sense to me.

Can’t stand Lund or Pappa. Lund is an idiot puppy dog, just trying to act cool to whomever his partner is (I guess that goes with the territory when you are a perpetual sidekick, though). Pappa comes across as the creepy uncle who you want to make sure you keep the nieces away from.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t stand Mac. He knows next to nothing about sports. He just acts like the old dude trying to hang out at the frat party.

Tommy is the best. He can get a bit sanctimonious, but I truly believe he is a legit great guy.

I liked Brooks when he was with Fitz. I guess it was because of the contrast between the two. Putting him with Tommy just doesn’t make a a lot of sense to me.

Can’t stand Lund or Pappa. Lund is an idiot puppy dog, just trying to act cool to whomever his partner is (I guess that goes with the territory when you are a perpetual sidekick, though). Pappa comes across as the creepy uncle who you want to make sure you keep the nieces away from.

Interesting. I guess Brooks is ok; he's pretty unremarkable all the way around. Pappa I will always think of as the second best Warriors voice ever (nobody will ever touch Bill King) so I like him but he is fixated on sex on the air and is creepy. Lund is another Brooks to me. No opinion.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cueto in line for the first SP win....just sayin...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn it. That HR is on me....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aaaaannnnd...JC is done.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peralta dropping full trou on the mound now....I phuking HATE COORS FIELD....

turning it off. We are tied but it feels like we are losing.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massive brain fart giving up the sixth run.