• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7/24 Corn on the vs Kershaw

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Giants gave up a run in the 1st (shocking!)

Got a lead with 2 in the 3rd

Gave the lead right back in the bottom of the 3rd. Cobb giving up 3 runs, all scored after having two outs and no one on. :L

They had a lead for about 7 minutes by my watch.

Kershaw looking human, at 73 pitches through 3

Cobb right behind him at 72 pitches through 3 innings

Now 4-2 after Klay's brother with the splash hit RBI

Really lovely start to the second half, being swept by the Dogs. This team is just abysmal to watch right now.

In 2021, everything that could go right did go right.

In 2022, most everything that needed to go right, hasn't. (Excepting Rodon and Webb)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop talking out your ass, Kruk.

Thompson was NOT every bit the player he was before the injuries. Take off those rose colored glasses. They make you blind.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just like that, Ruf hits a two run bomb and Kershaw is out of the game.

4-4 in the 5th

The wife and I are going to watch the Baby Giants play the Nuts tonight at John Thurman Field. Should only be about 90 degrees at first pitch.
SJ or Eugene?

I hate that Eugene is a higher level than SJ. SJ has been high A for as far back as I remember (I know they were AAA once upon a time, but that predates me)

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mercedes with some on the job training in left.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another day...another mound shat....

/no fun.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The game was tied heading into the bottom of the seventh, but with one out, Freddie Freeman hit a fly ball to left that dropped for a double when Yermin Mercedes -- a catcher for most of his career -- took a bad route. Jake Lamb's double gave the Dodgers the lead, and two more hits turned it into a three-run inning that all started with the latest defensive misplay from the Giants."

Why do we keep so many DH on this team? It is the National Freaking League! So we have a DH now, but we still need people to play the field.

There was no "error" charged on this play, but there was an "error" on this play.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it seem like the league has caught up with TRog? His ERA is approaching 5, and he can't seem to hold a lead anymore.
I stand behind the idea that he is the one most affected by the horrid team defense. He hasn’t pitched very well, granted, but can you blame him for losing his confidence when he gets mittfucked just about every outing?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The game was tied heading into the bottom of the seventh, but with one out, Freddie Freeman hit a fly ball to left that dropped for a double when Yermin Mercedes -- a catcher for most of his career -- took a bad route. Jake Lamb's double gave the Dodgers the lead, and two more hits turned it into a three-run inning that all started with the latest defensive misplay from the Giants."

Why do we keep so many DH on this team? It is the National Freaking League! So we have a DH now, but we still need people to play the field.

There was no "error" charged on this play, but there was an "error" on this play.
Banana route.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banana route.

The expected hit rate on Freeman's "double" was .100

The Giants were once known for pitching and defense. FZ has almost totally ignored defensive players, unless the 47 coaches on staff really suck at coaching defense, or the players have a brain fart every time they take the field.

The sad thing is you watch the virtually miraculous plays the Dodgers were making behind their pitchers, and you get an idea of why they are winning so many games.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The expected hit rate on Freeman's "double" was .100

The Giants were once known for pitching and defense. FZ has almost totally ignored defensive players, unless the 47 coaches on staff really suck at coaching defense, or the players have a brain fart every time they take the field.

The sad thing is you watch the virtually miraculous plays the Dodgers were making behind their pitchers, and you get an idea of why they are winning so many games.
They also have approx twice the payroll of the Giants, and perennial all stars at just about every position (both homegrown and acquired).

We have Pedo.

all this and we are 3-2 in the World Series over the last 34 seasons and they are 1-2 (The one win was the bastardized 2020 season)