• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

6th spot is the best spot for Flyers.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think finishing 6th would be the best scenario for the Flyers.

1) NYR are gonna get #1 seed, the way they are playing.
2) Don't wanna play Boston either to start so 7/8 spot are not good
3) Finishing 6th would start the Flyers on the road, where they are way better
4) Finishing 6th has the Flyers playing the winner of the south east, I'm fine with that over playing Boston/NYR/Pitt.
5) Finishing 4/5 would have the Flyers probably playing Pitt, with most likely Crosby back, no thanks.

Here is to hoping for 6th spot.:drink:

What does everybody else think?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4) Finishing 6th has the Flyers playing the winner of the south east, I'm fine with that over playing Boston/NYR/Pitt.
5) Finishing 4/5 would have the Flyers probably playing Pitt, with most likely Crosby back, no thanks.

I brought this up about a week ago i would love to see us face florida in the 1st round

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought this up about a week ago i would love to see us face florida in the 1st round

i can agree w/ that.. or play washington. i think thats the flyers best bet as well.. not that you wanna try to get a lower seed

i actually think the flyers would do ok against the bruins too.. really its the rangers that scare me.. they play such sound hockey.. if you make a mistake, they score.. and then they dont make mistakes.. a young team has very little chance against them

other teams like the pens and bruins are more prone to mistakes, and that's where the flyers have made their living this season.. that's why they cant beat the rangers

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can agree w/ that.. or play washington. i think thats the flyers best bet as well.. not that you wanna try to get a lower seed

i actually think the flyers would do ok against the bruins too.. really its the rangers that scare me.. they play such sound hockey.. if you make a mistake, they score.. and then they dont make mistakes.. a young team has very little chance against them

other teams like the pens and bruins are more prone to mistakes, and that's where the flyers have made their living this season.. that's why they cant beat the rangers

The Rangers only score of our mistakes because our D doesnt have the capability to cover up for any mistakes plus they have been getting easy goals off of our goalies

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Rangers only score of our mistakes because our D doesnt have the capability to cover up for any mistakes plus they have been getting easy goals off of our goalies

This is what the main problem has been, couldn't agree more.

It would be nice to beat the Rangers in the last meeting with the playoffs starting days later, that would be a huge boost mentally.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, it doesn't much matter. If we beat the Caps or Panthers in round 1, we'll be facing the Bruins or Rags in round 2...lol

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At the end of the day, it doesn't much matter. If we beat the Caps or Panthers in round 1, we'll be facing the Bruins or Rags in round 2...lol

Would love to see 1 of those teams upset in the 1st round. Toronto has played well against NYR, won both games at msg. The rest of my family are Leaf fans, I watch alot of there games, never know....

Too bad Montreal isn't gonna make the playoffs, they give boston a tough time to.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe if we play our game for example the 1st half of the season we could beat both of those teams.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't win the division, 4th or 6th is best. It'll likely be NY/Boston/SEteam in 1/2/3, and I'd rather play the 5 team at home or the SEteam on the road than match up against NY or Boston first round. Give them as many opportunities as possible to be upset before playing them.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not trying to spoil the party here but what's the difference playing the Rags in the 1st round or the ECF? They have our number and that will not change. They have the system mastered, followed by stellar goaltending (probably Vezina Trophy winner) Lundquist. They have everything going for them. I just don't see the logic behind this. I understand it's all about who matches up better with who, but the Rags will destroy whoever they play, probably including the Bruins.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The regular season rags are definitely good but we've seen that movie before...come playoffs they can easily fall off the rails when faced with another hot goalie and scoring becomes key. Will gaborik decide to show up come playoff time? I doubt it...he never has.

Flyers need to find that PK dman and Bryz needs to step up...if so watch out. Having a healthy go to the net playoff JVR would be nice too!

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the rangers are peaking at the wrong time, which i think has to do with them being 100% healthy for 90% of the year. there is a lot of season left, almost 2 months, A LOT can change. playoff scenarios right now look bleak, but if u did playoff scenarios one month ago they looked great. let's revisit this in a month and see where we stand.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rangers are peaking at the wrong time, which i think has to do with them being 100% healthy for 90% of the year. there is a lot of season left, almost 2 months, A LOT can change. playoff scenarios right now look bleak, but if u did playoff scenarios one month ago they looked great. let's revisit this in a month and see where we stand.

Exactly remember the Flyers last year looked great then slid down that slippery path. Jan/Feb means nothing its how you're playing heading into April. Fuck the rags anyway....the B's are way more dangerous IMO.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Exactly remember the Flyers last year looked great then slid down that slippery path. Jan/Feb means nothing its how you're playing heading into April. Fuck the rags anyway....the B's are way more dangerous IMO.

such short memory my flyers brothers have haha. we were the rangers last year, no doubt about it.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, but then again...we needed a new thread to beat around, so this is as good as any. lol

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to spoil the party here but what's the difference playing the Rags in the 1st round or the ECF? They have our number and that will not change. They have the system mastered, followed by stellar goaltending (probably Vezina Trophy winner) Lundquist. They have everything going for them. I just don't see the logic behind this. I understand it's all about who matches up better with who, but the Rags will destroy whoever they play, probably including the Bruins.

Mall sorry bro but if you remember we went to the cup 2 years ago from the 8th seed and the number 1 ocverall seed hasnt won the cup in a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... Triple F's rep level is entirely too low.

(reminder to self....start jacking up dudes rep) :)

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... Triple F's rep level is entirely too low.

(reminder to self....start jacking up dudes rep) :)

Lol. I'm tapped out for awhile. I believe I got triple F however. Still have plenty to pass around.