• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

6 random stories for the Hawks Canucks gameday

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Kane Sr., the father of the Blackhawks young superstar, was at the morning skate Monday just the way he used to be at every practice his son ever had growing up in the Buffalo area.
And not surprisingly, he had a few stories to relate with respect to some of the experiences he's shared with his son, not the least of which was the two weeks in Vancouver in February at the Olympics.
"What a great city it is, we had so much fun and it's so beautiful looking up at the mountains," said Kane the elder while watching the Hawks morning skate. "We had a great time and ate at some great restaurants, you're pretty lucky to live there."

Kane did relate a story from last year's game six of the Hawks-Canucks playoff series that this scribbler at least hadn't heard before, that the night Kane got the hat trick and related how Willie Mitchell had provided a little extra motivation with his comments about his alleged lack of ability.
"On his way to the game that night Patrick was just behind a major car accident that was extremely serious and it crossed his mind that had he been five to 10 seconds quicker to the rink that night it might have been him," said Kane Sr. "He called and we talked about it but it turned out he had a pretty decent night."

Kane Sr. says he used to 'hate' Ryan Kesler watching play for the Vancouver Canucks but meeting him in Vancouver and getting to know him a little bit and watching him play with his son, he now finds it difficult to get back to loathing him.
"I have a whole new respect for him as a player and a person," says Kane.
"I got to meeting Patrick's dad but didn't get to know him much," says Kesler, who laughed when he was told Kane's dad was having trouble working up a dislike for him now. "You know me though, there are no friends on the ice."

Michael Grabner is set to get the carrot, Pavol Demitra the stick.

Even after a big first-game win, the Canucks are planning some changes to the lineup.
The Canucks are considering a plan to promote Grabner up to the third line where he will skate with Steve Bernier and Kyle Wellwood.

"That's what it says," Grabner said.

Grabner had a solid Game 1, a game in which the Hawks acknowledged they struggled to handle the Canucks speed.
"We were slow out there right from start, it didn't really seem like it got any better," defenceman Duncan Keith said after the game.
The Canucks, it would appear, made them look slow. So giving Grabner, the Canucks fastest skater, a more prominent role couldn't hurt in that department.
Well, it could hurt Demitra, who is set to start the game on the fourth line with Jannik Hansen and Rick Rypien.
Demitra said he wasn't sure that's how the lineup would look at game time.
He can look at this like a motivating tool. It worked in the Los Angeles series. Demitra was demoted to the fourth line and came back with his best hockey of the playoffs

Adam Burish said he couldn't imagine sitting down for a beer with many of the Canucks and tonight you should find out why.
Burish, a fiery, gritty forward is ready to check back into the Hawks lineup and he plans to turn up the hate.
There wasn't much of that in Game 1. In fact, the Hawks didn't show much of anything after they went down 3-0 early in the second period.
In response it looks as though Chicago will put in Burish, and send Dustin Byfuglien back to defence. If it happens, Jordan Hendry would check out of the lineup.
"I just don't care for those guys, to be honest with you," Burish said of the Canucks. "I don't like the way they act. I just don't care for them.

and finally Wellwood needs comforting after scoring in game 1

2978689.bin

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that Wellwood pic. I think he needs a tissue. Seabrook probably scared the crap out of him when he realized that it was him he beat for the goal.