• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just this year, the Celtics didn't love either of the consensus top 2 picks, Fultz or Ball. So what did they do? They moved back and got the guy they wanted in Tatum.

It's only bullshit if you feel that draft is predicated on taking consensus guys. If you're doing that, you're not doing your job as an NBA team evaluating players. There are players that slip through the cracks every year. But it's not a coincidence that the Kings continually take shit players and the Spurs end up with "steals" every draft.
lol....uhhhhh well- there MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT be a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil something your overlooking there---- the Spurs also Might...maybe- i dunno- MIGHT be a TINY TINY bit better at developing that talent as well.

But i dont think you are getting my point.

If the Spurs had the #1 pick in the Kawhi Leonard draft and not #14- they wouldnt have KAwhi Leonard right now.

If the Blazers were drafting #2 theyd have either MKG or Bradley Beale right now--- but they were drafting out of the top 5- so they got Damian Lillard instead.

If the Warriors had the #1 pick in 09 they would have Blake Griffin and Steph Curry would not be NEAR that team----shit- if Rubio was still there they might have him instead.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Celtics also had just traded for Kyrie Irving so drafting Ball or Fultz didn't make a whole lot of sense.

They didn't trade for Kyrie until after the draft.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....uhhhhh well- there MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT be a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil something your overlooking there---- the Spurs also Might...maybe- i dunno- MIGHT be a TINY TINY bit better at developing that talent as well.

But i dont think you are getting my point.

If the Spurs had the #1 pick in the Kawhi Leonard draft and not #14- they wouldnt have KAwhi Leonard right now.

If the Blazers were drafting #2 theyd have either MKG or Bradley Beale right now--- but they were drafting out of the top 5- so they got Damian Lillard instead.

If the Warriors had the #1 pick in 09 they would have Blake Griffin and Steph Curry would not be NEAR that team----shit- if Rubio was still there they might have him instead.

So is your point your draft pick determines who you are able to select? If so, then that basically proves TLance's point.

Either where you draft is important or it isn't.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever?

Yeah, I don't know.....

I kinda liked that Washington Bullets team with RashWEED, Webber, Juwan Howard.

They got snuffed in a sweep by the Bulls.

But, come on...Prime Jordan.

Plus, they were competitive for a few of those games.

Does that Amare, Joe Johnson, Nash team count as young too?

This Philly Team < First year Heatles is a given.

this Eaglesnut dude is hyped on his team and there's nothing wrong with that...

might wanna chillax a bit swinging the troll hammer, though. at least until his boys win the title. now if they pull it off i'd say let him party til the cows come home...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is your point your draft pick determines who you are able to select? If so, then that basically proves TLance's point.

Either where you draft is important or it isn't.
of course position depends on WHO you draft- but getting good depends on the talent actually IN that draft

What I am saying is that if you are tanking like the Sixers, or the Cavs did or OKC did--- if you get a draft like last year- it kinda fucking sucks.

If you get a draft like this year you could be fucking golden without getting #1 overall- like the Warriors the year Curry came out--- in a year where there were a damn solid amt of elite talents at the top.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this Eaglesnut dude is hyped on his team and there's nothing wrong with that...

might wanna chillax a bit swinging the troll hammer, though. at least until his boys win the title. now if they pull it off i'd say let him party til the cows come home...
Nah, let him tie the noose around his own neck.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who did the Warriors take in the 1st round?

I refuse to look it up myself.

But, did the have the opportunity to take him earlier?

Did they have several 1st rounders?
Mecca they just had to have Festus Ezeli.....lol.....they KNEW Draymond was special--- but you just cant pass on Festus.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team is the best young team ever. Deal with it.

Nope.

2010 OKC Thunder
Went to the Conference Finals
Durant - 22
Westbrook - 22
Harden - 21
Ibaka - 21
Perkins - 25

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca they just had to have Festus Ezeli.....lol.....they KNEW Draymond was special--- but you just cant pass on Festus.

Nobody was sure Draymond would be a PF. He was selected as a SF. The Warriors already took Harrison Barnes 7th overall. Draymond was a luxury pick, who turned out to be awesome.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody was sure Draymond would be a PF. He was selected as a SF. The Warriors already took Harrison Barnes 7th overall. Draymond was a luxury pick, who turned out to be awesome.
my point is no matter how good you are at scouting- there is not a GM that has ever lived, or will ever live, that would have taken Draymond Green over Thomas Robinson in the 2012 NBA draft.

A lot of its luck- and getting the right pick in the right draft.

The difference between Anthony Bennett and Anthony Davis is just one year in the draft. If the Warriors would have gotten lucky in the lotto in 09 and gotten the #1 pick there is no way in hell they draft Steph Curry over Blake Griffin.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are some words I could use to describe Draymond but none of them are nice.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who did you pick?

Harrison Barnes - 7th
Festus Ezeli - 30th
Draymond Green - 35th.

Draymond was drafted as a SF though, which at least in my mind contribute to them waiting on him to the second round.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In hindsight it's easy to go back and laugh at Ezeli being selected before Draymond. But they both went to the same team. And if we want to laugh at the Dubs for selecting Draymond in the 2nd, we can laugh at every other team for not selecting him before that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight it's easy to go back and laugh at Ezeli being selected before Draymond. But they both went to the same team. And if we want to laugh at the Dubs for selecting Draymond in the 2nd, we can laugh at every other team for not selecting him before that.

the thing is, though, that Draymond probably becomes Draymond if he was selected by most of the other teams in the league.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing is, though, that Draymond probably becomes Draymond if he was selected by most of the other teams in the league.

I don't think Draymond fully becomes Draymond if he's taken in the lottery. Dude used himself being passed over, including twice by his own team as fuel. There's an interview he did within the last year, where he rattles off all the names of every player drafted ahead of him, in order.

Draymond in his first year too as a pro was overweight and kind of out of shape. It wasn't until his second year where he lost a ton of weight where he became a factor. That and he was being used in a way he wasn't really thought of before as a defender. The knock on him coming out of the draft was no-one could figure out if he could guard 4's or 3's in the NBA. He took on the challenge of that.

Maybe he still becomes Draymond in the mid to late 20's but I'm not quite sure about that chip on his shoulder being there if he's selected at like 8 or 9.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3