• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6/8/19 RichScrabble

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yastrzemski - rf
Belt - 1b
Longoria - 3b
Austin - lf
Pillar - cf
Crawford - ss
Garcia - c
Solano - 2b
Samardzija - sp

I'm wondering what Pillar has shown to get to play every day over Duggar, who has fallen into a platoon.

I completely forgot that Solano was on this team, until last night's pinch hit appearance.

And . . . stop the presses! For two games in a row, a Giants' pitcher has actually thrown a shut out 1st inning. Will wonders never cease?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samardzija loads the based in the 1st inning and gets out unscathed.

He gets a 1-2-3 inning in the 2nd.

He then loads the based in the 3rd, and allows a run to score, before stranding 3 runners in the 3rd.

Hopefully another 1-2-3 inning in the 4th?

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with Aramis Garcia hitting a Homerun does that mean he will sit for a month for showing up the veterans. :bolt: :whistle:

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with Aramis Garcia hitting a Homerun does that mean he will sit for a month for showing up the veterans. :bolt: :whistle:
Considering Vogt will most likely catch tomorrow (just because, he needs playing time and the whole earlier day game on Sunday), Monday is an off day and Posey should be ready to return by the 12th, I'd say that there is a good chance this is his last MLB game for a while (I would think Vogt catches again on Tuesday).

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering Vogt will most likely catch tomorrow (just because, he needs playing time and the whole earlier day game on Sunday), Monday is an off day and Posey should be ready to return by the 12th, I'd say that there is a good chance this is his last MLB game for a while (I would think Vogt catches again on Tuesday).

I actually don't mind playing Vogt to showcase (a free asset) and be used by himself or with others to trade to get some futures for the Giants but I think there is room to give Garcia some games.

P.S. Hoping for the highest/earliest draft pick for next June but win as many as possible against the Doggies.

Reactions: LHG

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't mind playing Vogt to showcase (a free asset) and be used by himself or with others to trade to get some futures for the Giants but I think there is room to give Garcia some games.

P.S. Hoping for the highest/earliest draft pick for next June but win as many as possible against the Doggies.
Agreed on both counts. I hope the Giants sell off as many veterans as they can. Unfortunately, many of the position players are either untradeable (i.e. Longoria) or will get back little in return. And I was just thinking that, no matter how much I want the Giants to tank for a good draft pick, I want them to win every game they can against the Dodgers.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samardzija loads the based in the 1st inning and gets out unscathed.

He gets a 1-2-3 inning in the 2nd.

He then loads the based in the 3rd, and allows a run to score, before stranding 3 runners in the 3rd.

Hopefully another 1-2-3 inning in the 4th?
If not for Longoria, that would well have been a quick 1-2-3 4th.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed on both counts. I hope the Giants sell off as many veterans as they can. Unfortunately, many of the position players are either untradeable (i.e. Longoria) or will get back little in return. And I was just thinking that, no matter how much I want the Giants to tank for a good draft pick, I want them to win every game they can against the Dodgers.

Agreed on Longo(-)=(negative value) but if a team loses a catcher and needs some relief pitching could get something good. Also if Bum brings something good/great and other moves along with a good/great draft next year the rebuild would be on track.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Longo is totally untradable. The Mariners were able to trade Robinson Cano coming off a PED suspension and a massive contract. And they got a top prospect!

Granted, the Mets are idiots, Cano was playing much better than Longo (but again, PEDs), and they had to trade Edwin Diaz.

It's not likely the Giants could trade Longo, but not impossible if they can find a sucker out there.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy’s about to blow his top.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Longo is totally untradable. The Mariners were able to trade Robinson Cano coming off a PED suspension and a massive contract. And they got a top prospect!

Granted, the Mets are idiots, Cano was playing much better than Longo (but again, PEDs), and they had to trade Edwin Diaz.

It's not likely the Giants could trade Longo, but not impossible if they can find a sucker out there.
So if Longoria starts to hit better, and Will Smith is packaged with him, we could unload him for a prospect? I'm okay with that if the Giants keep Panda. Someone will need to play 3rd base. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to waste Smith's value on dumping Longoria (unless, of course, the other team took on the majority of what the Giants will owe on his contract too).

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like a lot of baserunners in this game for it to only be 2-2
The Dodgers' lineup looks like a bunch of Giants snuck over into the visiting clubhouse and donned Dodger jerseys.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's been my opinion since about 8 to 10 years before the Giants WS run that more World Series are lost because of bad bullpens than any other reason not that there aren't Series where even a great Bullpen won't save a team from losing. So with that said I hope there are some teams itching to overpay for some relief pitchers at the trade deadline.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Longoria starts to hit better, and Will Smith is packaged with him, we could unload him for a prospect? I'm okay with that if the Giants keep Panda. Someone will need to play 3rd base. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to waste Smith's value on dumping Longoria (unless, of course, the other team took on the majority of what the Giants will owe on his contract too).

The Mariners got Jarred Kelenic, who was just the 6th overall pick in the draft, and the Mets paid the entire contract for Cano. Just an unbelievable trade TBH.

Not saying that's what we should expect, though.

Reactions: LHG

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants have based loaded with no outs. Rich Hill really has them held over the fire in this inning.