• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5th Rounder I KNOW but....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it worth drafting a guy knowing he won't play in a season?

Cameron McGrone will miss his entire rookie season after tearing his ACL against Rutgers on November 21st

Does Belichick LOVE to draft guys who are injured?

That said... 5th rounder so it doesn't really matter but still

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think it should be worth the pick as he appears like he could be a solid player on defense!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cameron McGrone will miss his entire rookie season after tearing his ACL against Rutgers on November 21st

I think a 5th rounder for a guy that could have been a second round + one year rehab is a solid pick. We are pretty okay at LB and he can still hit the weight room, learn the playbook, attend practices I think its a good deal.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a 5th rounder for a guy that could have been a second round + one year rehab is a solid pick. We are pretty okay at LB and he can still hit the weight room, learn the playbook, attend practices I think its a good deal.
And it's not like he would have played a lot the 1st year......

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree and BB has/had the luxury of good depth and a multitude of picks.

Taking away he's a 5th rounder it is getting old watching BB pick guys who will start on the IR.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah...well...

The Patriots could use an infusion of speed to their reserve linebacker group and McGrone brings plenty of it. Injuries have set him back throughout his career, but he's shown to be productive when he on the field in the run and pass games. – NFL.com draft analyst Mark Dulgerian

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A torn ACL isn't anywhere as bad an injury as it was in 2010. The surgery and technology about how to surgically repair the damage has improved to the point where the opposite knee has to be equally worked to keep up with the repaired one. Some athletes are choosing to have knee surgery to upgrade the ligaments to the new artificial nylon ligaments much like the 'Tommy John' ligament that's placed into the arm of a pitcher. If the technology continues, by 2050, every athlete will have ligament and tendon replacements before age 12.

If you remember, my grandson tore his right ACL and meniscus in 2019. Four hours of surgery and a year of rehab. His left leg still hasn't caught up 100% and he's in the gym 3-5 days a week.

Having the modern training equipment and staff to work the legs, McGrone will be ready to play in September but Bill will make him work his ass off and be ready for 2022.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's like Bill traded a 2021 5th round pick for 2022 2nd round pick.
A really good pick in that aspect, if he can get and stay healthy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A torn ACL isn't anywhere as bad an injury as it was in 2010. The surgery and technology about how to surgically repair the damage has improved to the point where the opposite knee has to be equally worked to keep up with the repaired one. Some athletes are choosing to have knee surgery to upgrade the ligaments to the new artificial nylon ligaments much like the 'Tommy John' ligament that's placed into the arm of a pitcher. If the technology continues, by 2050, every athlete will have ligament and tendon replacements before age 12.

If you remember, my grandson tore his right ACL and meniscus in 2019. Four hours of surgery and a year of rehab. His left leg still hasn't caught up 100% and he's in the gym 3-5 days a week.

Having the modern training equipment and staff to work the legs, McGrone will be ready to play in September but Bill will make him work his ass off and be ready for 2022.
Was an elite wrestler and football player..... check out this tackle (takedown?)

1626979260014.png