• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

53-man Roster

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, here are the cuts, as we get down to 53. More to come...
  • WR Travis Benjamin (J. Anderson)
  • C Jake Brendel (NFLN)
  • S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (Orlando Sentinel)
  • FB Josh Hokit (The Athletic)
  • OL Senio Kelemete (NFLN)
  • TE Jordan Matthews (SF Chronicle)
  • CB Alexander Myres (The Athletic)
  • TE MyCole Pruitt (NFLN)
  • WR Nsimba Webster (The Athletic)
And we previously traded LB Jonas Griffith

So far Hurd is still on the team...

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add RB Wayne Gallman to the cut list. He might've suffered from us having too many good RBs. Mostert and Simons were locks and Hasty looked too good to let go of. PS?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I will guess they're looking at OG's from other teams? We will NOT get a starter from these cuts, but we might add better depth.

From what i'm reading and seeing on Youtube, RG is in VERY bad shape.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, here are the cuts, as we get down to 53. More to come...
  • WR Travis Benjamin (J. Anderson)
  • C Jake Brendel (NFLN)
  • S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (Orlando Sentinel)
  • FB Josh Hokit (The Athletic)
  • OL Senio Kelemete (NFLN)
  • TE Jordan Matthews (SF Chronicle)
  • CB Alexander Myres (The Athletic)
  • TE MyCole Pruitt (NFLN)
  • WR Nsimba Webster (The Athletic)
And we previously traded LB Jonas Griffith

So far Hurd is still on the team...
No surprises there

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i agree, nothing surprising for me
No surprises there

This isn't the 53 for the entire season, there will be changes as we go along. Obviously, we hope it ain't due to "season ending" injuries, or injury to key players, but injuries are to be expected.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The initial 53 man roster:

QB: Grop and Lance
RB: Mostert, Sermon, Mitchell, Hasty, Juice
TE: Kittle, Dwelley, Woerner
WR: Aiyuk, Samuel, Sherfield, Sanu, Jennings, Hurd
OL: T.Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Brunskill, McGlinchey, Moore, banks, Compton

DL: Bosa, Armstead, Ford, Kinlaw, Jones, Key, Givens, Street, Hurst, Kerr
LB: Warner, Greenlaw, Al-Shaair, Flannigan-Fowles, M.Harris
CB: Verrett, Moseley, K.Williams, A.Thomas, D.Lenoir, D.Harris
S: Ward, Tartt, Hufanga, Wilson

ST: Gould, Wishnowsky, Peppers

Interest that with Lance having a chip in his hand that we didn’t keep Sudfeld around for week 1.

We had too many good RBs to keep Gallman. We might’ve kept hasty over Gallman b/c we feared Hasty would be snapped up in waivers, while Gallman wasn’t subject to waivers. The backup FB should hit the PS if we think we’ll need one.

At WR…Hurd. Really? It’s a long shot he makes it through the first week of practice before getting hurt.

I was a little surprised we didn’t keep another TE, like Pruitt.

Wow are we thin on the OL. With Coleman on the IR and us cutting McKivitz and Gutierrez, we’re not left with much seeing as how Moore struggled badly at OT and Banks struggled at OG.

Glad to see we cut Dontae Johnson. We’ve cut and resigned him multiple times, so it’s likely he’ll be an available street FA should we need him in the future.

Good for Marcell harris making the team at LB. the former safety can play a bit of nickel backer as well as ST. Looking like Hilliard will hit the PS if he clears waivers.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the plan might be to put Hurst on IR, then bring Brendel back... which makes sense when you look at that OL depth chart.

Not thrilled about using a roster spot on Hurd, for sure. Hope it was the right call.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49er Cuts Signed Elsewhere:
WR N.Webster was signed by Chicago
LB J.Hilliard signed with NYG
OL D.Shepley signed with Seattle

49er Cuts Signed To PS Elsewhere:
TE M.Pruitt signed to the Titans PS

49er PS signings:
TE J.Matthews
QB N.Sudfeld
FB Hokit
LB E.Sullivan
TE T.Hudson
OL Kelemete
S J.Mayden

...WR J.Hurd still on the team.

Last edited:

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Dante Pettis, one of the Niners biggest draft misses, was waived by the NYG. If he’s lucky, he’ll catch onto someone’s PS, but with 2 WR-needy teams cutting within as many years, it looks like he’s on his way out of the league.

We signed OC J.Brendel and CB D.Johnson to the 53 man roster and put CB D.Harris and DL M.Hurst on IR to make room for them.

PS So Far:
QB N.Sudfeld
WR T.Benjamin, R.Cracraft
FB J.Hokit
TE J.Matthews, T.Hudson
OL A. Gutierrez, C. McKivitz, S.Kelemete, C.Kaufusi
DL D.Daniels, Alex barrett
LB E.Sullivan
CB Dee Virgin
S J.Mayden

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shannahan has too many misses with offensive skill players.............Beathard, Joe Williams, Dante Pettis, and Jalen Hurd. PLUS, we traded up to draft Beathard and Pettis. I know you don't hit on everybody you draft but after factoring in trade ups, this is a poor record.

But if you want to include Kittle and Deebo, okay, yes those are solid picks. But does Kittle and Deebo off-set these other picks plus trade ups?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the plan might be to put Hurst on IR, then bring Brendel back... which makes sense when you look at that OL depth chart.

Not thrilled about using a roster spot on Hurd, for sure. Hope it was the right call.
I hope not. He's finally healthy and I'd like to see what he can do.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shannahan has too many misses with offensive skill players.............Beathard, Joe Williams, Dante Pettis, and Jalen Hurd. PLUS, we traded up to draft Beathard and Pettis. I know you don't hit on everybody you draft but after factoring in trade ups, this is a poor record.

But if you want to include Kittle and Deebo, okay, yes those are solid picks. But does Kittle and Deebo off-set these other picks plus trade ups?
A huge miss on Coleman who he brought in from Atlanta and another huge miss on McKinnon.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The initial 53 man roster:

QB: Grop and Lance
RB: Mostert, Sermon, Mitchell, Hasty, Juice
TE: Kittle, Dwelley, Woerner
WR: Aiyuk, Samuel, Sherfield, Sanu, Jennings, Hurd
OL: T.Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Brunskill, McGlinchey, Moore, banks, Compton

DL: Bosa, Armstead, Ford, Kinlaw, Jones, Key, Givens, Street, Hurst, Kerr
LB: Warner, Greenlaw, Al-Shaair, Flannigan-Fowles, M.Harris
CB: Verrett, Moseley, K.Williams, A.Thomas, D.Lenoir, D.Harris
S: Ward, Tartt, Hufanga, Wilson

ST: Gould, Wishnowsky, Peppers

Interest that with Lance having a chip in his hand that we didn’t keep Sudfeld around for week 1.

We had too many good RBs to keep Gallman. We might’ve kept hasty over Gallman b/c we feared Hasty would be snapped up in waivers, while Gallman wasn’t subject to waivers. The backup FB should hit the PS if we think we’ll need one.

At WR…Hurd. Really? It’s a long shot he makes it through the first week of practice before getting hurt.

I was a little surprised we didn’t keep another TE, like Pruitt.

Wow are we thin on the OL. With Coleman on the IR and us cutting McKivitz and Gutierrez, we’re not left with much seeing as how Moore struggled badly at OT and Banks struggled at OG.

Glad to see we cut Dontae Johnson. We’ve cut and resigned him multiple times, so it’s likely he’ll be an available street FA should we need him in the future.

Good for Marcell harris making the team at LB. the former safety can play a bit of nickel backer as well as ST. Looking like Hilliard will hit the PS if he clears waivers.
I wonder if anyone will sign Sherman

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a couple of those lineman ended up on the practice squad

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Dante Pettis, one of the Niners biggest draft misses, was waived by the NYG. If he’s lucky, he’ll catch onto someone’s PS, but with 2 WR-needy teams cutting within as many years, it looks like he’s on his way out of the league.

We signed OC J.Brendel and CB D.Johnson to the 53 man roster and put CB D.Harris and DL M.Hurst on IR to make room for them.

PS So Far:
QB N.Sudfeld
WR T.Benjamin, R.Cracraft
FB J.Hokit
TE J.Matthews, T.Hudson
OL A. Gutierrez, C. McKivitz, S.Kelemete, C.Kaufusi
DL D.Daniels, Alex barrett
LB E.Sullivan
CB Dee Virgin
S J.Mayden
With Pettis it is all mental. He has the physical skills to make it in this league but not the heart and at this point I doubt he ever will

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Pettis it is all mental. He has the physical skills to make it in this league but not the heart and at this point I doubt he ever will
Just add him to the list--Rashaun Woods, AJ Jenkins...

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just add him to the list--Rashaun Woods, AJ Jenkins...
Oof.... you made me go back and look at the list of WRs we've drafted over the years. Since Rice and Owens... there's a few ok picks (Crabtree, Lloyd), but not much else. Hopefully this last crop of draft picks turn that trend around.

Last edited:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A huge miss on Coleman who he brought in from Atlanta and another huge miss on McKinnon.
Yes, fans can be more critical of free agents because they have film of them in the NFL.

Both Coleman and McKinnon were mostly injury issue, but point taken, you have to be better with FA's. Weston Richburg was a key signing who couldn't play enough.

Mycole Pruitt is another miss with that big signing bonus.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, fans can be more critical of free agents because they have film of them in the NFL.

Both Coleman and McKinnon were mostly injury issue, but point taken, you have to be better with FA's. Weston Richburg was a key signing who couldn't play enough.

They have a long history of taking flyers in the draft with players trying to recover from injuries and I've yet to see one pan out. I could be wrong.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now this is absolutely unacceptable. Our second round pick and 3rd round pick are deemed not ready to play in the NFL? How can the evaluators miss this badly on such high picks?

""Even before second-round draft pick Aaron Banks was sidelined with a shoulder injury, he did not appear ready for NFL game action. He is likely to be in street clothes for games this season unless an emergency forces him to suit up.""

"—Cornerback Ambry Thomas is a player talented enough to prompt the 49ers to select him in the third round of the draft. But after taking the COVID-19 opt-out at Michigan and sitting out his final college season, the rust has been obvious."

"Thomas was constantly holding and grabbing receivers during training camp. He simply is not ready to play at this level. "

TRENDING​

Five NFL Network analysts pick 49ers to win Super Bowl LVI