• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

53 Man Roster

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it might be fun to guess who we think will or will not make the final cuts.

I have feeling that there will be a few surprises this year.

Have at it....................

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your list is a good start but you left plenty of meat to gnaw at.

1) You only have 23 on offense. My guess you accidentally omitted Gordon

2) Bailey in, Allen out - I'll admit I'm mostly trusting what I've read, but that punt out of the end zone sold me. Allen might be good at pinning teams in, but bailing the team out of deep situations is just as valuable.

3) 15 guys for the front 7 seems like a lot

4) Either Crossen or Dawson stays

5) Both Berrios and Ola-chef-ski? and for ST?

6) Do you have Slater retiring? That would explain him not playing or being cut.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolden isn't accounted for either.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I accidentally left out a couple of guys trying to fit others in. I probably miscounted too...

Gordon is in.

I totally forgot Slater.

Berrios is the punt returner because Edelman is really too much of a risk for injury when you have a kid who can do it.

Gunner is the kickoff returner. He and Berrios both can be receivers and can cover kicks.

Bolden is gone. He can't be kept around just fo ST and he's not going to crack the RB group.

I have this gut feeling that BB will keep Allen, not only for the punting, but he's a solid holder for Ghost. Bailey has struggled getting the ball down, centered and straight without a tilt.

Dawson and Crossen will both be cut, IMO. There isn't enough space for a ST CB who really isn't playing and Dawson just looks slow and lost in the two games so far.

The Patriots flip/flop back and forth between a 4-3 and 3-4. They also shuttle guys in and out to keep the defense as fresh as possible throughout a game. 8 DL and 7 LB is not overkill. Add to that the number of minor injuries that force a guy out for a game or two and having a solid group to back up is a must.

Again, just my opinion, but these cuts after the first round will be brutal.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TE’s seem like a total crapshoot to me right now. They’ve all done some good things but noone’s really stood out to me either.

The WR injuries make this a really difficult exercise, as well.

I have the punters as a coin flip as well but I think Allen’s holding will slighty nudge out Bailey’s ability to kick off

Last edited:

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wild guess right now trying to take contracts and ST’s into account:

Brady Hoyer Stidham
Michel White D. Harris Burkhead Bolden
Develin
Edelman Dorsett Harry Meyers Berrios Slater
LaCosse Kendricks Izzo
Wynn Thuney Andrews Mason Cannon Karras Froholdt Skipper

Bennett Wise Simon Rivers
Guy Pennel Butler Cowart
Hightower Bentley Van Noy Collins Winovich Roberts
Gillmore J. McCourty Jackson Williams Jones Crossen
D. McCourty Chung Harmon Brooks

Gostkowski Allen Cardona

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harry’s hamstring lingers they might put him on IR after the final cut, activate Gordon, and bring Harry off IR mid year

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your list is a good start but you left plenty of meat to gnaw at.

1) You only have 23 on offense. My guess you accidentally omitted Gordon

2) Bailey in, Allen out - I'll admit I'm mostly trusting what I've read, but that punt out of the end zone sold me. Allen might be good at pinning teams in, but bailing the team out of deep situations is just as valuable.

3) 15 guys for the front 7 seems like a lot

4) Either Crossen or Dawson stays

5) Both Berrios and Ola-chef-ski? and for ST?

6) Do you have Slater retiring? That would explain him not playing or being cut.

May have been a bad day but Crossen really sucked.
Dawson was nearly invisible out there except on one play where he got beat.
I expect more from both or either but they are not showing it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TE’s seem like a total crapshoot to me right now. They’ve all done some good things but noone’s really stood out to me either.

The WR injuries make this a really difficult exercise, as well.

I have the punters as a coin flip as well but I think Allen’s holding will slighty nudge out Bailey’s ability to kick off

Izzo had a very good game blocking and catching.
LaCosse has looked good.
Beck (the blocker) got beat on a block and made a gvery good catch. WTF?
Allen and Bailey can start on 30 teams. I'm not going to worry.....
WR injuries? Play the ones not hurt - PUP the ones who can't. After that it looks easy.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issues cutting Bolden and carrying an extra WR there are guys that need to make this team with hands. Bolden has no cuts, doesn't catch all that well cut him add the extra WR IMO

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaCosse has looked good.
WR injuries? Play the ones not hurt - PUP the ones who can't. After that it looks easy.....
This comes up every year it seems, but you can’t put a player who’s practiced on PUP. Only the guys that are presently on PUP or NFI can be moved to the reserve versions of those lists at the final cutdown. Anyone else would have to go on IR. And the IR placement has to occur after the final cut to 53 in order for them to be eligible to be activated from IR during the season.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wild guess right now trying to take contracts and ST’s into account:

Brady Hoyer Stidham
Michel White D. Harris Burkhead Bolden
Develin
Edelman Dorsett Harry Meyers Berrios Slater
LaCosse Kendricks Izzo
Wynn Thuney Andrews Mason Cannon Karras Froholdt Skipper

Bennett Wise Simon Rivers
Guy Pennel Butler Cowart
Hightower Bentley Van Noy Collins Winovich Roberts
Gillmore J. McCourty Jackson Williams Jones Crossen
D. McCourty Chung Harmon Brooks

Gostkowski Allen Cardona

Again may just be me but I am not feeling Bolden I think the only cuts he may make is being cut from the team. I like the three QBs if TB 12 were to go down do we really want to hand the reigns to a rookie? I can also see the Pats keeping two TEs to free up a space.

I am surprised at the struggles of Dawson he played really well at UF, I think his may be an intellectual struggle more that a skills struggle, ie being out of place reading plays incorrectly which will kill you in this league. And trust me knowing where this kid came from the HS he played at and the college he played at the intellectual side of the game was not a big deal.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again may just be me but I am not feeling Bolden I think the only cuts he may make is being cut from the team. I like the three QBs if TB 12 were to go down do we really want to hand the reigns to a rookie? I can also see the Pats keeping two TEs to free up a space.

I am surprised at the struggles of Dawson he played really well at UF, I think his may be an intellectual struggle more that a skills struggle, ie being out of place reading plays incorrectly which will kill you in this league. And trust me knowing where this kid came from the HS he played at and the college he played at the intellectual side of the game was not a big deal.
I agree on Bolden, but as someone else pointed out... BB values stability over flash, assuming stability gets the job done. I mentioned taking Bailey over Allen and the same applies. If BB thinks Allen will hold better than Bailey or another punter replacement, he'll take the good punter instead of a potentially great one.

BB likes to play it like he's completely old school, but he's been using AI to calculate abstract probabilities since before AI was anything but a science fiction term.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaCosse has looked good.

LaCosse did not play. #83 was Henricks and did a great job blocking especially on the big gainers by Harris.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm also shaking my head on Dawson. I thought he was going to be at least very good.
We have had a lot of DB's over the years that were questionable as youing players and shined by 3rd or 4th year.
Perhaps we'll have to "stomach" him as BB rarely cuts a 2nd rounder by year 2?????

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This comes up every year it seems, but you can’t put a player who’s practiced on PUP. Only the guys that are presently on PUP or NFI can be moved to the reserve versions of those lists at the final cutdown. Anyone else would have to go on IR. And the IR placement has to occur after the final cut to 53 in order for them to be eligible to be activated from IR during the season.

Accurate. thanks

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also shaking my head on Dawson. I thought he was going to be at least very good.
We have had a lot of DB's over the years that were questionable as youing players and shined by 3rd or 4th year.
Perhaps we'll have to "stomach" him as BB rarely cuts a 2nd rounder by year 2?????
Agreed I think he is just slow to pick up the defense but remember he sat out all last year so he still needs a year. And with the McCourty bros close to the end I can see him at safety.