• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

50 games

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen it on this board a lot. We all have opinions on whether or not Dak is the guy. Some say let him play his fourth year and then decide. Business wise, I guess we could do that. Truth is though, we have seen him for 50 games now. Not many QBs get 50 games before a decision has to be made. We let him play next year and that number goes to 67 plus. Personally, if there is still a question then the answer should be no.

According to Sporttrac he is the 69tb highest paid Qb in the league. He made 11 thousand more than our 3rd string Qb did this yr.

I think our owner and our coach love him. The players love him. Zack Martin said after the game he wouldn’t want anyone else at Qb. Another player said he is one of the best in the league.

We know what this guy is. He isn’t the perfect QB, but the guy wins. 33-17. That’s pretty damn good. I watched Seattle tonight and I see their team now compared to what it was 4,5 yrs ago. Sure they are building and probably exceeded a lot of expectations this year.

I think our team right now is ready. We have the defense. We have a pass rush. We have good CBs. We have great LBs. Our Oline is not as good as it was, but it’s still pretty dang good. We have a top RB. JJ made a great trade and got us a #1 WR. We have really good complimentary players at the other WR positions. It comes down to the QB.

Dak has all the intangibles that everyone wants. There have been game managers win Superbowls. I’m not saying that’s what he is. I would take him over Dilfer, Brad Johnson, etc.

I’m just saying he has played 50 games and makes around 700k a yr.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 out of the Top 20 highest paid made the playoffs.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 out of the Top 20 highest paid made the playoffs.
This is the key stat. After playing the way he did tonight in a playoff win where he made the biggest play of the night, there's no question he is the man and deserves his money...but it is still advisable to try and hold his salary to the $23-24 million range if possible. As well as Dak has played the last couple of months, there is no doubt that he is a better QB with the full deck he is playing with right now. If he is willing to play for low 20's, we might be able to keep all the great young players we have assembled. Dak, Zeke, Coop, DLaw, Jaylon, BSmith, BJones...these are all guys who are going to have to be paid in the next couple of years. To me, they are all musts, because if you add them to TSmith, Fred, Martin(guys who have already been paid), this team can become a Championship club. The tough decisions need to be on whether or not we save on a still valuable but still brittle Sean Lee($7 million savings if we let him go), David Irving(a super talent who has shown he will leave the team hanging) and Randy Gregory(another super talent, who is pointed up, but still a huge risk)

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the key stat. After playing the way he did tonight in a playoff win where he made the biggest play of the night, there's no question he is the man and deserves his money...but it is still advisable to try and hold his salary to the $23-24 million range if possible. As well as Dak has played the last couple of months, there is no doubt that he is a better QB with the full deck he is playing with right now. If he is willing to play for low 20's, we might be able to keep all the great young players we have assembled. Dak, Zeke, Coop, DLaw, Jaylon, BSmith, BJones...these are all guys who are going to have to be paid in the next couple of years. To me, they are all musts, because if you add them to TSmith, Fred, Martin(guys who have already been paid), this team can become a Championship club. The tough decisions need to be on whether or not we save on a still valuable but still brittle Sean Lee($7 million savings if we let him go), David Irving(a super talent who has shown he will leave the team hanging) and Randy Gregory(another super talent, who is pointed up, but still a huge risk)

That’s the thing - we have so many good players. It’s almost like we have to win it this year or next year while he is making 700K or we lose players. Chido is playing really well too. Damn salary cap. Ha.
This is something that should be discussed after the season. Sure we know what he is but what if he doesn’t get a contract this year and decides to hold out. I know he has a ton of endorsements and that offsets his salary some but how many players in NFL history have played 50 games and done what he has for 700k a yr. Lol.

Then you think- who else would pay him 25-30 million a year. ????

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s the thing - we have so many good players. It’s almost like we have to win it this year or next year while he is making 700K or we lose players. Chido is playing really well too. Damn salary cap. Ha.
This is something that should be discussed after the season. Sure we know what he is but what if he doesn’t get a contract this year and decides to hold out. I know he has a ton of endorsements and that offsets his salary some but how many players in NFL history have played 50 games and done what he has for 700k a yr. Lol.

This team could be so loaded next season if some health issues go their way. Consider the OL. Su'a Filo, Looney and Connor Williams all are under contract next season for a million or less each. If Fredrick makes it back, and TSmith is healthy, this club could start Smith, Su'a Filo, Fred, Martin and Collins, with Looney as the interior backup and Williams(after gaining 15-20 pounds) either competing to start at guard or kicking out to be the heir apparent to TSmith at LT. Who else would have depth anywhere close to that?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure most know what I meant but to clarify - I meant today’s money. I’m sure players in the past have done more in 50 games for less than 700K a yr.