• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5* QB Brock Vandagriff decommits

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Spencer Rattler proves to be what has been projected, this kid will likely (and should) sign with someone else. BUT if there's problems in Soonerland at the QB position this next season, he'll be right back in the mix. I'd say there's still better than a 50/50 chance we'll get him but just watch Rattler's performance. That's the key.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Spencer Rattler proves to be what has been projected, this kid will likely (and should) sign with someone else. BUT if there's problems in Soonerland at the QB position this next season, he'll be right back in the mix. I'd say there's still better than a 50/50 chance we'll get him but just watch Rattler's performance. That's the key.
It's getting tougher and tougher to stockpile QB's these days with the transfer portal.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's getting tougher and tougher to stockpile QB's these days with the transfer portal.

It's impossible to stockpile QB's since the transfer portal stuff started. Every kid that's at least a 4 star thinks he's a can't-miss candidate for the NFL someday. The attitude and entitlement are off putting to me. But that's just a sign of the times and it's going to get a helluva lot worse if the players ever start drawing regular paychecks at the college level.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's impossible to stockpile QB's since the transfer portal stuff started. Every kid that's at least a 4 star thinks he's a can't-miss candidate for the NFL someday. The attitude and entitlement are off putting to me. But that's just a sign of the times and it's going to get a helluva lot worse if the players ever start drawing regular paychecks at the college level.
I think a lot of it has to do with kids wanting to play. Washington lost a couple of highly recruited QB's to the portal because they didn't see any light at the end of the tunnel staying at Washington.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to make one SEC fan base very happy. Although, he is a ginger, and has no soul.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of it has to do with kids wanting to play. Washington lost a couple of highly recruited QB's to the portal because they didn't see any light at the end of the tunnel staying at Washington.

That's true for some kids and I don't blame them if they're truly moving to play more someplace else. But let's be honest; a lot of this is pushed by their families, friends, girlfriend-of-the-month and social media. I'm always interested to see the difference in attitude between 19 year-olds in the military and 19 year-olds in college sports. The mindsets are light years apart. In the military you fight for the guy next to you; in the world of college sports.........that's not always the case regardless of what they say for public consumption.

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are at a point in the game where big time QB recruits expect to start Day 1. Some of them are able, most are not. It's just the nature of the beast nowadays.