• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 of the 8 teams to play against the NFC South

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just reading an article about how the NFC South screwed up the playoffs more than we realize. That division has completely changed the landscape of the playoffs not only with getting a team in with a losing record but the divisions that played them this year had 5 of the 8 teams make the playoffs. The NFC North had both the Lions and Packers make it while the AFC North had the Ravens, Steelers, and Bengals all make it. So half of the playoff field for this year is directly connected to the mediocrity of the NFC South.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 260,000.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...you're guaranteeing a Panthers win this weekend?

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
As penance, I think each NFC South team should select 3 starters to be sacrificed to the football gods. A dagger through their hearts I say. How dare they have a division winner with a losing record! What the hell were they thinking?!?!
And while we're at it why cannot the NFL make retro changes to the rule book to accommodate such atrocities?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I do think the Panthers win this week and honestly if they go to Seattle I do think they can give them some fits as that defense is really coming together to end the year. Just pointing out how the NFC South really did shape the playoffs this year.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Got it sir. Actually yours was more informative than offensive and I apologize for overreacting and for my smart assness focused on your comments.
Just get a little tired of hearing that we should not be in the playoffs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it sir. Actually yours was more informative than offensive and I apologize for overreacting and for my smart assness focused on your comments.

I have no problem with you guys being in the playoffs. It is what it is. The NFL rules state that a division winner gets in and that is what you guys did. On the other end of that say they were to change the rules I would hate to see a 10 win team that had an easy schedule get in over a division winner in which the division is very competitive and had a very tough schedule but could only get 9 wins but then has to stay home in favor of the 10 win team. So while the system is not perfect there really is no way to make it perfect in my opinion.

Like I said I also think the Panthers are playing good football right now. While they had a bad middle part of the season winning 4 straight to get into the playoffs is down right impressive. They also got a nice draw for the playoffs with getting a bad Cardinals team because of injuries and if the Cowboys win I do think the Panthers match up better against the Seahawks than I do the Packers. I still don't think they win that game but I do think they make it interesting.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
:suds: Props Dude

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would anyone make such an idiotic argument? Did or did not the Panthers have the best record in the NFC South? A look at the standings tells me they did, ergo they belong in the playoffs.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just reading an article about how the NFC South screwed up the playoffs more than we realize. That division has completely changed the landscape of the playoffs not only with getting a team in with a losing record but the divisions that played them this year had 5 of the 8 teams make the playoffs. The NFC North had both the Lions and Packers make it while the AFC North had the Ravens, Steelers, and Bengals all make it. So half of the playoff field for this year is directly connected to the mediocrity of the NFC South.

The AFC North was able to have 4 games against the NFC South and the AFC South the other bad division this year. This is why 3 teams in the NFC North are in the playoffs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC North was able to have 4 games against the NFC South and the AFC South the other bad division this year. This is why 3 teams in the NFC North are in the playoffs.

Isn't that what I said? I left out that part about the AFC South but yes having the easier schedule is exactly what I was stating for both of these divisions to have some of the records they do. That doesn't mean the Packers or Lions are not good teams but they did luck into some easier games compared to some other teams.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except ....

the Steelers, for example, only went 2-2 against the NFC South while going 4-2 in their own division. I wouldn't say Pittsburgh playing the NFC South was a big benefit to them.