• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 AFC Teams At 5-5 For Last Playoff Spot

Which Team Gets the Last Wild Card Spot In The AFC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins
Titans
Ravens
Bengals
Colts

All now tied at 5-5 for the last playoff spot

So, which team will ultimately get that last spot after week 17?

For me, the Titans are way too inconsistent ...
The Bengals seem to be slumping so I don't have a lot of faith it is them
the Ravens have 3 challenging road games left so i don't think it's them
and the Phins haven't been playing well for a month so i guess it's not them

so, that leaves the surging Colts as the most likely for me

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough choices. Going with Indy. Playing with a hot hand the past few games

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins
Titans
Ravens
Bengals
Colts

All now tied at 5-5 for the last playoff spot

So, which team will ultimately get that last spot after week 17?

For me, the Titans are way too inconsistent ...
The Bengals seem to be slumping so I don't have a lot of faith it is them
the Ravens have 3 challenging road games left so i don't think it's them
and the Phins haven't been playing well for a month so i guess it's not them

so, that leaves the surging Colts as the most likely for me

I would normally go with the best DEF, which is BAL, but I tend to agree that BAL @ ATL, @ KC, @LAC is tough but maybe not brutal. They need one of those and sweep (OAK, TB, CLE) to go 9-7. At ATL might be the game as the Falcons are iffy on DEF, but they really need one of those AFC games to keep their tie breaker. Tough call on them but for now I'm saying they some how get to 9-7.

IND is hot, but I'm feeling 8-8. I think it will be tough to sustain this run.

MIA...8-8 split w/ BUF, lose to NE and MIN

CIN...8-8 split with CLE, lost @ LAC...@ PIT...they could rest players on week 17 .

Really though to pick, but right now I will say BAL.

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about some bad teams. Colts playing really well right now so I think they're the easy answer. Would like to think the Ravens stick with Lamar at QB and he injects energy into the team but I don't know how we win any of those road games. If the Dolphins didn't have Osweiler at QB they'd be my pick. The Bengals look completely lost right now and I have no confidence to pick them to do anything. The Titans are so inconsistent it's tough to pick them. But their schedule isn't the worst. Figure wins against both New York teams, and probably Washington with their QB situation. That leaves games against all 3 division opponents. Last game of the year against Indy could decide it. I don't think Denver is dead at 4-6 and the Jaguars have looked terrible but face by far the easiest schedule down the stretch in my mind. Not completely insane if they rattle off 6 straight to end the season.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about some bad teams. Colts playing really well right now so I think they're the easy answer. Would like to think the Ravens stick with Lamar at QB and he injects energy into the team but I don't know how we win any of those road games. If the Dolphins didn't have Osweiler at QB they'd be my pick. The Bengals look completely lost right now and I have no confidence to pick them to do anything. The Titans are so inconsistent it's tough to pick them. But their schedule isn't the worst. Figure wins against both New York teams, and probably Washington with their QB situation. That leaves games against all 3 division opponents. Last game of the year against Indy could decide it. I don't think Denver is dead at 4-6 and the Jaguars have looked terrible but face by far the easiest schedule down the stretch in my mind. Not completely insane if they rattle off 6 straight to end the season.

Wait until i post the NFC version in a few minutes ...

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait until i post the NFC version in a few minutes ...

That's a log jam within itself. I think the NFC wild card teams have talent though. You're looking at teams like the Vikings, Packers, Seahawks, Panthers, Falcons, Cowboys and Eagles. Give me any of those teams at 5-5 in the AFC and they're my pick without any hesitation.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a log jam within itself. I think the NFC wild card teams have talent though. You're looking at teams like the Vikings, Packers, Seahawks, Panthers, Falcons, Cowboys and Eagles. Give me any of those teams at 5-5 in the AFC and they're my pick without any hesitation.

well, i think the Colts are now playing better and would be on a comparable level with these NFC teams

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough choices. Going with Indy. Playing with a hot hand the past few games
Have to agree here. They are playing as well as anyone and better than these other teams currently at the .500 mark. Plus their remaining schedule, while not a piece of cake, offers winnable games on each.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Jaguars have looked terrible but face by far the easiest schedule down the stretch in my mind. Not completely insane if they rattle off 6 straight to end the season.
Nah, that Steelers loss is a backbreaker. I wouldn't be shocked if they play flat for the rest of the season.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, that Steelers loss is a backbreaker. I wouldn't be shocked if they play flat for the rest of the season.

Agreed. I will be shocked if that team reels off 6 straight at this point. They are a mess.

The Jags defense played decently the first three quarters yesterday but I attribute most of yesterday to Big Ben's awful performance early on. He was missing receivers all over the place

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I will be shocked if that team reels off 6 straight at this point. They are a mess.

The Jags defense played decently the first three quarters yesterday but I attribute most of yesterday to Big Ben's awful performance early on. He was missing receivers all over the place
The ESPN tracker had the Jaguars at a 97.7% chance of winning the game in the 4th quarter at one point.

Steelers vs. Jaguars - Game Summary - November 18, 2018 - ESPN

A 7 loss team without a QB doesn't come back from that.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be a fun race down the stretch. I did the tracker but I got the Titans. Would love it to be my Colts though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i got the colts and have been touting them for 3 weeks. now everyone sees it

however, dont sleep on the ravens with a qb and rb change

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going with the Colts. A clean Andrew Luck is going to be problems for teams.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts

Luck looking good and Colts are clicking at the right time

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts running away with this one. I have to admit, I have been impressed with a lot of their young Talent. They seem to be developing quite well and Luck is playing at a high level

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts running away with this one. I have to admit, I have been impressed with a lot of their young Talent. They seem to be developing quite well and Luck is playing at a high level

luck wasn't hit in the tenn game . the colts are healthy atm other than Kelly but Boehm says the sackless streak want end on his watch . key pick up was inman the man doesn't drop passes .

if colts was healthy first of the year they would have maybe 1 or 2 losses . they look like manning in the ole days .

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts are the scariest if they actually make it in.

Not a Super Bowl contender but they could definitely knock out a 3 seed