• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5.4 Game 2 Lumber @ Molehills

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wonder how much longer Kapler will use McGee as the closer. If he moves on, does he put someone else in that role (Alvarez, Rogers) or go with matchups?
Hard to say but I suspect matchups. I don't think they have someone they'd trust every day. Have to see how they each look for a while and then maybe settle on one. I know what we will be shopping for at the deadline though

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think pen losses are exaggerated in how shitty they feel. Because it's a game you are usually leading and expect to win, then they fuck it up. If you lose 3-1, oh well, bats didn't show up that day. Lose 7-4, ok someone had a shitty start, it happens. If you even lose 11-3 you're not surprised at the end you lost long before.

But being up a couple runs late and THEN losing? Gut punch. But still, just a loss. Of the three (starting pitching, hitting, pen) I think the pen is least important yes even now.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By my count, that's the fifth cockpunch loss of the season. Every time one of those occurs, I want to not follow for a day or two to recover. Five is a seasons worth, and we've done that in five weeks.

Again, with even an average bullpen, we'd be well out in front of the entire NL.

Wasted opportunity.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think pen losses are exaggerated in how shitty they feel. Because it's a game you are usually leading and expect to win, then they fuck it up. If you lose 3-1, oh well, bats didn't show up that day. Lose 7-4, ok someone had a shitty start, it happens. If you even lose 11-3 you're not surprised at the end you lost long before.

But being up a couple runs late and THEN losing? Gut punch. But still, just a loss. Of the three (starting pitching, hitting, pen) I think the pen is least important yes even now.

By my count, that's the fifth cockpunch loss of the season. Every time one of those occurs, I want to not follow for a day or two to recover. Five is a seasons worth, and we've done that in five weeks.

Again, with even an average bullpen, we'd be well out in front of the entire NL.

Wasted opportunity.
I think most of us can agree that bullpen help will be a primary target at the trading deadline (assuming the team continues playing the same through the next month or so). These questions may be a bit too early, but who do you see the Giants targeting and which prospects are you okay seeing shipped off? Not that we have a say in the matter, but its worth a discussion.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasted opportunity.
TL;DR

BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL BITCHES!!

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a team in the AL with a better record?

Edit: I didn’t see Oakland...

But yes. AL is not baseball...
And Boston is tied with SF for 2nd best record. I just thought you were making a statement about the DH.