• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5.16 Lumber @ Rox

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bart has been hitting a little better lately. But, I wonder whether roles should switch for a while, with Casali starting 3/4 and Bart starting 1/4 or something like that. OTOH, no way Bart gets better without the experience. Coming into the season, I was assuming it would be Casali/Bart rather than Bart/Casali.
I think you have to give Babe more playing time. At least as he rides his hot streak. So for the next week or so, you go 60/40 Babe. But once his hot streak ends, go back to 60/40 Joey. We need to know what we have with Joey in the next 2 years so we know what to do with Genoves and Bailey.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to give Babe more playing time. At least as he rides his hot streak. So for the next week or so, you go 60/40 Babe. But once his hot streak ends, go back to 60/40 Joey. We need to know what we have with Joey in the next 2 years so we know what to do with Genoves and Bailey.
Bailey may never make it into the picture. He hasn't shown any ability to hit yet in the minor leagues. Is his defense that good to overcome his weak bat?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Bumgarner gotta lose tonight to the Dodgers? Come on fam, do us a solid

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Platoon advantage? :noidea:

It’s nice getting everyone healthy to get that going again. Back to the “different lineup every night for the matchups”.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Bart gets it together. Genoves is improving his offense in Sacramento. If he continues to get better, I wonder what are the chances that he and Bart flip roster spots by the end of June?
Zero. From what I've read, Genoves is nowhere close to big league ready. Also, they really like Bart -- at least until Bailey is close. I doubt Genoves will ever be anything but org depth.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero. From what I've read, Genoves is nowhere close to big league ready. Also, they really like Bart -- at least until Bailey is close. I doubt Genoves will ever be anything but org depth.
You may well be right. However, I would offer that player development has advanced considerably in the last 10 or even 5 years. The sciences behind muscle development, neurology, opthamology, nutrition, specific training techniques, analytics, etc, even sleep have all come a long way in the last decade. With more money in the game, prospects can hang in an extra year or two to develop. One never quite knows who may emerge as a star going forward.

Thangs ain't whut they usetabee.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bart has at least through next season to figure it out.

That doesn’t mean the org will not look elsewhere in the mean time (increase PT for Babe, aggressive development for Bailey and Genoves and Sugestey).

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a bit surprising considering they decided to skip him to AAA with no playing time in AA. They will sometimes move catchers around who are org depth but not usually to be the starting catcher in AAA at age 23 when they are trying a rookie as the starting catcher in the big leagues.

Maybe Genoves' defense and/or game calling abilities need work, so I get him not being big league ready. But I doubt he is considered org depth right now. He's hitting much better than Bailey, is the same age and is much closer to the big leagues. I would guess Bailey still ranks higher as a prospect, due to draft pedigree, but he has a lot to show to keep that status.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bart has at least through next season to figure it out.

That doesn’t mean the org will not look elsewhere in the mean time (increase PT for Babe, aggressive development for Bailey and Genoves and Sugestey).
Unless either Bailey or Sugestey are doing phenomenal work behind the dish, there will be no aggressive development, in my opinion, right now. Bailey got demoted for his bat last year. His bat hasn't gotten better this year. Sugestey is showing some shock offensively at the level he's playing. He's going to have to hit better to move up.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a bit surprising considering they decided to skip him to AAA with no playing time in AA. They will sometimes move catchers around who are org depth but not usually to be the starting catcher in AAA at age 23 when they are trying a rookie as the starting catcher in the big leagues.

Maybe Genoves' defense and/or game calling abilities need work, so I get him not being big league ready. But I doubt he is considered org depth right now. He's hitting much better than Bailey, is the same age and is much closer to the big leagues. I would guess Bailey still ranks higher as a prospect, due to draft pedigree, but he has a lot to show to keep that status.
I don’t think they had many options for AAA catcher.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think they had many options for AAA catcher.
Minor league free agents? Major league free agents not getting big league deals? They have the ability, in the offseason, to find guys on the scrape heap to plug in. The fact that they didn't is telling, to me.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor league free agents? Major league free agents not getting big league deals? They have the ability, in the offseason, to find guys on the scrape heap to plug in. The fact that they didn't is telling, to me.
They did trade for the catcher who they ended up losing in waivers a week later. They also just got that Palpatine guy from Houston.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did trade for the catcher who they ended up losing in waivers a week later. They also just got that Palpatine guy from Houston.
I thought Godoy was a waiver claim that they tried to pass through waivers within a week of claiming him. I don't get the Papierski trade. He cannot hit and the Astros were playing him more at 1st and DH than catcher. How is that a good pickup?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Godoy was a waiver claim that they tried to pass through waivers within a week of claiming him. I don't get the Papierski trade. He cannot hit and the Astros were playing him more at 1st and DH than catcher. How is that a good pickup?
They were moving on from Dubon regardless. They get a AAA depth guy in return. Not a good trade, but getting max return anyway.