• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Redskins

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"Trap Game"?

No i don't think so despite the East Coast travel.

Do think it'll be a close game and i'd take the points.

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trap game implies the opponent is actively trying to win. This Redskins team has the camaraderie of a REAL HOUSEWIVES pool party and the talent of Diablo Valley College. The Niners should be able to put the hurt on this team. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Niner defense outscored the Redskins offense.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is the time to have your 'bad game', cause you'll still beat the Redskins. Coming off a statement Monday night game, then going to LA to get this HUGE win, hard to get fired up again? Not to mention the east coast travel plus early start?

All teams have a bad game or games, but you can get away with it against lousy teams. Won't argue that Pittsburgh was that game, and if so better yet.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok, the game went about what i expected, a close game and not really a good offensive game. The east coast travel and early game time likely played small roles?

Clearly, the weather was the factor but regardless, good to get a win without a "complete" team game. As long as the offense starts to improve from here on for the 2nd half run for the West, and play-offs. The defense won't continue to win these games against better teams, and better teams are coming up.

Also, was surprised to see the Redskins play so well on run D.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF came out of it with a W, and hopefully no serious injuries. Jimmy G. is 14-2 as a starter....I'll take that.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, the game went about what i expected, a close game and not really a good offensive game. The east coast travel and early game time likely played small roles?

Clearly, the weather was the factor but regardless, good to get a win without a "complete" team game. As long as the offense starts to improve from here on for the 2nd half run for the West, and play-offs. The defense won't continue to win these games against better teams, and better teams are coming up.

Also, was surprised to see the Redskins play so well on run D.

The weather was far more a factor than those other two. I think the game would have looked much different if you remove the rain.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weather was far more a factor than those other two. I think the game would have looked much different if you remove the rain.

I agree sometimes weather plays a major factor in a game and this was one of those times.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We need more TDs and or more Fgs!! 10 points in last 3 games against the Defense!!:)

No question. Our offense is still struggling in the RZ, its as thought Shannahan doesn't want to throw it INTO the end zone?

We need more points because defense alone won't win games against better teams.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
4 tfl by Bosa and with a sack! Disruptive!! Go 49ers

Yep, ye can really move once he clears the OT.

Armstead is finally showing up, not surprisingly in his contract year.

Unfortunately, Thomas isn't showing up.

Can't really tell but apparently Buckner is getting more attention from blockers?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree sometimes weather plays a major factor in a game and this was one of those times.

It was ridiculous. Certain parts of the field players were kicking up water. Not a good game to mount much of a passing attack.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This board now reminds me of the 'old days', when there's a LOT more posting when the 49ers are lousy losers. Not complaining and not pointing fingers, just saying that's human nature. We're way more comfortable 'complaining' about everything under the football sun.

Even when we win, we'll still post about some not so good points. :-)

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's seeming like Pettis just doesn't have it and won't be with the team long.

Not quite giving up on Pettis as a good WR. He won't be a "top flight NFL WR", but maybe still a good one for our scheme? At very least, we keep him until his rookie contract expires. I felt the similar (not same) way with Armstead, so maybe Pettis will play better.

None of our WR's are likely to become a top flight NFL WR, but it can still work as a unit. It can still work because of how Shannahan spreads it out anyway. Not to mention Kittle gets a little more looks as he should. As long as these WR's get open quickly, make the catch, and secure the ball.