• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Panthers

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The QB is always the big factor in all games, so would be nice to see a little more from JG? He doesn't need to 'carry the team', or get fantastic stats, but don't throw an INT or take a sack/fumble.

Next is the play of the O-line, especially Brunskill in only his second start.

Since the offense still can't score, likely another close game?

49ers 20
Panthers 16

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this game is already an ass kicking. The defense is straight up legit. Bosa with 3 sacks in the first half alone, Niners with 6 sacks at the half as a team.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was an ass whooping, They have a good chance of being unbeaten going up against Seattle.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Deebo on the inside trap pretty tough to stop!! Chiefs did a similar play to Kelsey on TD pass!:)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Amazing stuff, the intensity on defense is STILL high. Not surprisingly, its all about pressure and this year they have that. Bosa is obviously the man, but he's "opened it up" for the other linemen too. Armstead is STILL playing at a high level so you have to wonder what might've been? Had he not been so injured, this might have shown up the previous year?

The red zone offense was great, we need this to continue rest of the season. JG had yet another poorly thrown INT, so that has to stop in the play-off run.

It is hard for teams to 'dominate' every single week, so hopefully the 'down game' isn't against the NFC West. Not expecting to go undefeated, but do hope we can sweep the NFC West.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kittle's performance on Sunday earned him Pro Football Focus' top grade (92.7) from the game.

Linebacker Luke Kuechly earned the Panthers' top grade (82.3). Four 49ers players graded higher than Kuechly.

Below are the five highest-graded 49ers players on offense against the Panthers.

• George Kittle, TE (92.7)
  • Laken Tomlinson, OG (90.4)
  • Tevin Coleman, RB (79.0)
  • Daniel Brunskill, OT (77.4)
  • Mike Person, OG (73.7)

Below are the five highest-graded 49ers players on defense.

• Richard Sherman, CB (90.0)
  • Nick Bosa, DE (84.3)
  • Solomon Thomas, DL (81.4)
  • Emmanuel Moseley, CB (80.7)
  • DeForest Buckner, DT (79.9)

VERY encouraging when the not as popular players are playing well too. Yes, they're being helped by whats going on around them, but this is still better than not playing well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brunskill stepped in for Mike McGlinchey (knee) in Week 5 and has been dependable filling in for the right tackle. He is arguably coming off of his best performance of his young career on Sunday. Brunskill earned a 79.7 overall grade, 78.4 pass-blocking grade and 73.4 run-blocking grade against Carolina and joined Kittle and Sherman on PFF's Team of the Week. Both Brunskill and Person (73.7 overall grade) did not allow a single quarterback pressure on the day.

Huh? There were three sacks by Carolina and pretty sure two were off the OT's. So a sack isn't a 'pressure'?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jimmy Garoppolo

• San Francisco's quarterback is 6-0 at home in his 49ers career as a starter with a 104.7 passer rating.
  • Garoppolo is the first 49ers quarterback to start 7-0 since Joe Montana in 1990.
  • On 3rd down, Garoppolo is 27-of-51 (52.9 percent), which leads the NFL through eight weeks.

Awesome stat.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Winning also causes other teams to pick from your players, staff!! Need to lock up some of these backups..W/O breaking the bank!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That doesn't mean Brooks doesn't see any weaknesses on the roster. He still questions one very important position on the team.

"The only question that I have about the 49ers centers around No. 10, Jimmy Garoppolo," Brooks continued. "I know Jimmy Garoppolo has a fantastic starting record, but when you really look at him play, I'm worried because every game, there's like a turnover. There's something that just leads me to wonder if a team can take away the 49ers' running game, is Jimmy G good enough to beat them?

"We haven't seen him tested in that light this season but it's going to be a test that he's going to have to answer if this team reaches its full potential."

I'll have to agree with Bucky Brooks here. He doesn't say JG can't do it, but hasn't gotten into this situation yet. But he will be shortly against the other good NFC defenses. Then there is the play-offs where defenses play up a notch.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Winning also causes other teams to pick from your players, staff!! Need to lock up some of these backups..W/O breaking the bank!

Good point on Staff.

Ideally we retain all the good back-ups but other teams can offer more money. This is why teams have a 'window of opportunity', the cap will hit your back-ups too. The only way out is to draft WELL and frankly get lucky in the mid to late rounds.

This is why even mid-round picks (ie those for Emanual Sanders) are so valuable.

The Patriots have been the exception and IMO, unheard of.

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point on Staff.

Ideally we retain all the good back-ups but other teams can offer more money. This is why teams have a 'window of opportunity', the cap will hit your back-ups too. The only way out is to draft WELL and frankly get lucky in the mid to late rounds.

This is why even mid-round picks (ie those for Emanual Sanders) are so valuable.

The Patriots have been the exception and IMO, unheard of.

The guy I want to lock up, even above Saleh, is the DL coach whose name I cannot spell correctly. That guy has connected work ethic to production.