• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers - Seahawks I

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/commentary/2497-49ers-slay-seahawks-again/

I like the optimism i really do, but it won't be as easy as this sounds. Seattle will score points as they've been doing, we have no pass rush either.

Our offense will need to score at least 30 points, meaning TD's and not FG's.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Seattle has no pass rush either. We should be able to have our way with them on Offense. It likely ends up a game of which Defense can force the most turnovers just like their recent to the Cardinals. That said I expect the Russel Wilson factor to kick in and win the game late for Seattle. If our Defense was 100% healthy though Seattle would not even stand a chance.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hear Seattle has no pass rush either. We should be able to have our way with them on Offense. It likely ends up a game of which Defense can force the most turnovers just like their recent to the Cardinals. That said I expect the Russel Wilson factor to kick in and win the game late for Seattle. If our Defense was 100% healthy though Seattle would not even stand a chance.

Yes, we should be able to score and if we don't, then we deserve to lose. Scoring means TD's, not FG's.

If we had just Bosa OR Ford, that would've been huge, but Russell Wilson will be moving around "freely". We can only hope to keep them out of the end zone and force FG's. I see them moving up and down between the 20's.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we should be able to score and if we don't, then we deserve to lose. Scoring means TD's, not FG's.

If we had just Bosa OR Ford, that would've been huge, but Russell Wilson will be moving around "freely". We can only hope to keep them out of the end zone and force FG's. I see them moving up and down between the 20's.
Ford has probably been one of the more useless trade and signings due to constantly being injured.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ford has probably been one of the more useless trade and signings due to constantly being injured.

The big ticket FA's are beginning to "fade".....Ford, Richburg, Alexander, Sherman, and Coleman. Fade meaning value from their contracts, granted injury is tough to place on any player. So saying this thinking more on performance when they were playing last.

Tomlinson just had a great game so leaving him off for now. He also just restructured his contract.

With next years cap going downward, big decisions to be made.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no receivers, no running backs, a gimpy QB, both Defensive Ends out, both Safeties out, 3 Corners out and an inside LB out. Wilson will tear the D apart with no pass rush and backup DBs out there. This will be a crushing defeat not worth watching.

Seahawks 37
49ers 10

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How? We are on our 4th string RB and a below average receiver paired with a rookie. No way to keep the D Line off Garoppolo either without a running game. We might score 10 points

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How? We are on our 4th string RB and a below average receiver paired with a rookie. No way to keep the D Line off Garoppolo either without a running game. We might score 10 points

Jimmy G has done well getting rid of the ball and for the most part accurate. He wasn't so good the 2nd half of the Rams game but was good the other 3 halves. Just do the same without INT's, and this offense should move. The run game didn't look so bad even with Hasty in there, he showed flashes of breaking big gains outside. Aiyuk looked pretty damn dynamic and SHOULD get a few more plays anyway. Kittle is still playing well along with Jusczyck.

The O-line played pretty good for the last two games, and no reason they'd "collapse" now. We'll move the ball between the 20's because the Seattle D isn't very good.

But again, am questioning if "scoring" means enough TD's vice FG's?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Seattle defense leads the NFL in giving up most yards/game. Their scoring D is better at 25th, but this is HOW the 49ers will score against them. The 49ers SHOULD be able to score against them.

Seattle will do the same against our D so it'll come down to scoring defense. Assuming no big plays on ST's, or multiple turnovers, it'll be the better Red Zone defense.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How about Quinnen Williams NY Jet DT and 6th rounder for Solomon Thomas, Tevin Coleman, Dante Pettis, Marcell Harris !!!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How about Quinnen Williams NY Jet DT and 6th rounder for Solomon Thomas, Tevin Coleman, Dante Pettis, Marcell Harris !!!

I don't think QW is as good as projected but that said, i'd consider this trade. I use 'consider' cause don't know his contract situation? Not that he'd be deserving of a monster contract, but every bit counts when a lot of your own players will be FA's. Not to mention you want to extend Bosa and keep Warner.

The secondary reason is i think we have enough depth on the D-line, but not enough starting talent on the O-line. Not starting talent/depth at CB.

From the Jets perspective, no way!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle defense leads the NFL in giving up most yards/game. Their scoring D is better at 25th, but this is HOW the 49ers will score against them. The 49ers SHOULD be able to score against them.

Seattle will do the same against our D so it'll come down to scoring defense. Assuming no big plays on ST's, or multiple turnovers, it'll be the better Red Zone defense.
They traded for Dunlap today. Should improve their pass rush.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah. It'll come down to Russell Wilson

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nah. It'll come down to Russell Wilson

that is a given and already factored into Seattle moving up and down between the 20's. I expect Seattle will score near 30 also due to Russell Wilson, so again he's factored in.

but can our defense limit their scoring to a couple more FG's vice TD's? IF so, they'll score closer to 20 and we have a chance.

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

49ers should be able to score 30+ on the Hawks as their defense is ranked dead last in the NFL.
Hawks can score 30+ on anyone in the NFL. They're 5-1.

So I'm taking the over 54.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Jets will be lucky to win 3 games. They want Lawrence and their high picks, depth and get rid of Darnold, Gase and people who want out!:) A good trade partner in our situation..

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ok I guess this makes sense, Saleh will just have to blitz more even if we get burned a few times. Cause if you don't apply pressure, he's going to shred you anyway. You might as well be aggressive and mix up the blitzes. I'm not for blitzing on "every" pass play, but agree more times than normal.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers should be able to score 30+ on the Hawks as their defense is ranked dead last in the NFL.
Hawks can score 30+ on anyone in the NFL. They're 5-1.

So I'm taking the over 54.

Yes, that is HOW we will score, aided by their porous D. If we can't put up 30 points against the last place D, then we don't deserve to win.

Also agree they'll score on us too, cause we have zero pressure. That is why we need red zone defense, to force a few more field goals.

The total of 54 seems high for a typical NFL game, but i'd take Over too.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is a given and already factored into Seattle moving up and down between the 20's. I expect Seattle will score near 30 also due to Russell Wilson, so again he's factored in.

but can our defense limit their scoring to a couple more FG's vice TD's? IF so, they'll score closer to 20 and we have a chance.
I meant that if for some reason the Niners keep it close, Wilson will pull it out.