• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers - Rams I

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cam DaSilva: It’s not necessarily that his numbers are down – he leads the NFL in attempts per game, is second in completions per game and is fourth in total passing yards – it’s that he’s making uncharacteristic mistakes. He already has seven interceptions, which matches his total from 2017 and is just five fewer than he had last year. The biggest issue with Goff’s game right now is the lack of protection he’s getting. The Rams offensive line has really struggled, which has hurt the play-action passes and limited deep throws down the field. Goff has obviously done himself no favors by missing open receivers and throwing ugly interceptions, but the O-line has been, well, bad.

Well now!

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total domination. 5-0. May have more evaluation if I get a breakdown from my peeps who do the heavy lifting but from the telecast, that was an asskicking. I read the Rams were 0 for 9 on third and fourth down.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers held the Rams to:

7 points (t-2nd fewest in McVay era).

165 yards (fewest in McVay era)

56 passing yards (fewest in McVay era)

10 first downs (fewest in McVay era)

0 third-down conversions (fewest in McVay era)

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominating win by a hobbled team.
Go Niners!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No doubt another dominating game by the DEFENSE! They're clearly the key to winning so far.

Offensively, it was another "just enough points to win" performance. 'Ok' performance by JG but clearly he has to get better. If we get into the play-offs the offense needs to score about 10-14 more points, if not more. When the defense puts you in good field position, the offense has to take advantage.

Anyway, good game considering the two OT's and no Juice. The kicking game is a concern so we can only wait and see? For PK's its all in their head, and not something you can fix by coaching. Also seems like Wisnosky wasn't punting it well?

Obviously a HUGE win.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam DaSilva: It’s not necessarily that his numbers are down – he leads the NFL in attempts per game, is second in completions per game and is fourth in total passing yards – it’s that he’s making uncharacteristic mistakes. He already has seven interceptions, which matches his total from 2017 and is just five fewer than he had last year. The biggest issue with Goff’s game right now is the lack of protection he’s getting. The Rams offensive line has really struggled, which has hurt the play-action passes and limited deep throws down the field. Goff has obviously done himself no favors by missing open receivers and throwing ugly interceptions, but the O-line has been, well, bad.

Well now!
It is said games Re win and lost in the trenches. Doesn't matter how great their WRs are, if the oline cant pass protect it wont matter

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is said games Re win and lost in the trenches. Doesn't matter how great their WRs are, if the oline cant pass protect it wont matter

The best test is against Russell Wilson, because he is elusive back there. On top of that, it is easy to hit him in the helmet unintentionally.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
RW is not a WR though.

It is when D-linemen raise/lower their arms. Easier to hit him in the head and maybe even with elbows in the case of Buckner and Armstead?

Sometimes D-linemen swing their arms as they're getting around the blocker.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers (5-0)
Week 6 ranking: 6
gn-arrow.png

Biggest weakness: Red zone efficiency

The 49ers finished last in the NFL a year ago when it came to turning red zone drives into touchdowns. They've made some progress this year (they're up to a 46% touchdown rate from 41% in 2018) but still have plenty of room to improve. Getting their starting offensive tackles and fullback back from injury should help, but if nothing else, they must cut down on turnovers when they get deep in opposing territory. They have three giveaways in the red zone in their first five games, second most in the NFL. -- Nick Wagoner

Yes, our offense isn't taking advantage of the opportunities. The Browns game for sure - 3 TO's in the 1st half. then also in the Rams game - INT and a dropped pass. Didn't they fumble in the Steelers game?

I was saying this is where Samuel and Hurd will help, not solve it but help. Unfortunately, they haven't helped yet.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articles/129421-nfc-west-news-jaguars-trade-jalen-ramsey-rams/

Wow, that's a lot of draft capital to give up. Especially since the Rams MAY end up on the higher half of the next TWO drafts? I wouldn't 'piss off' that 4th rounder too.

That said the Rams are in a different position than the 49ers. The Rams already have a SB caliber team and MUST WIN NOW. The cap prevents them from keeping this team together much longer, its now or never.

The 49ers are going to extend Buckner and Kittle, just to start with. Both will likely be the highest paid player at their positions. This is fine as both are proven in the 49er schemes. on and off the field. So we shouldn't give up that cap space for someone like Ramsey, not yet. Maybe next season if we prove to be a SB caliber team.

Those two 1st round draft picks are critical to a team building towards a SB caliber team. These are the final pieces and allow us to avoid signing a highly paid FA. More so since we don't have a 2nd rounder next draft, we couldn't do it. Jalen Ramsey is a top player no question, but its not like we beat the Rams throwing against a CB.

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.************.com/articles/129421-nfc-west-news-jaguars-trade-jalen-ramsey-rams/

Wow, that's a lot of draft capital to give up. Especially since the Rams MAY end up on the higher half of the next TWO drafts? I wouldn't 'piss off' that 4th rounder too.

That said the Rams are in a different position than the 49ers. The Rams already have a SB caliber team and MUST WIN NOW. The cap prevents them from keeping this team together much longer, its now or never.

The 49ers are going to extend Buckner and Kittle, just to start with. Both will likely be the highest paid player at their positions. This is fine as both are proven in the 49er schemes. on and off the field. So we shouldn't give up that cap space for someone like Ramsey, not yet. Maybe next season if we prove to be a SB caliber team.

Those two 1st round draft picks are critical to a team building towards a SB caliber team. These are the final pieces and allow us to avoid signing a highly paid FA. More so since we don't have a 2nd rounder next draft, we couldn't do it. Jalen Ramsey is a top player no question, but its not like we beat the Rams throwing against a CB.

I would go one step further and say that given the tendencies of the NFL to protect WRs, now with reviewable PI, I think it is smarter to invest in your pass rush than your secondary.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

two 1st and a 4th is more than I would have paid in the 49ers shoes. Of course the 49ers are unlikely to get a player of that caliber picking #32.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why gap between 49ers, Rams won't close after Ramsey trade

I wouldn't go so far to say "will not close growing gap.....", but he described what i was thinking, that we didn't beat the Rams by picking on a CB.

This article also confirms the Rams are in a MUST WIN NOW situation. They only have Ramsey for this season and next, then he'll demand to be the highest paid CB in the NFL. The Rams are already a SB contending team, so i can see why they're doing it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would go one step further and say that given the tendencies of the NFL to protect WRs, now with reviewable PI, I think it is smarter to invest in your pass rush than your secondary.

No question, the pass rush is the key for any defensive scheme, and has been for a while. You need at least one top pass rusher and two is clearly exponentially bigger.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
two 1st and a 4th is more than I would have paid in the 49ers shoes. Of course the 49ers are unlikely to get a player of that caliber picking #32.

Probably not but you'd have two shots at it and maybe get two Pro Bowlers instead of one All Pro.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way SF is built as of now, this won't help the Rams in a matchup vs the 49ers. Ramsey will be tasked to cover....whom? Deebo? Marquise? Kendrick? The pass offense runs through Kittle. Just think of what SF did to the Jaguars in 2017, when Garoppolo was making his audition. That Jax defense was better than whatever the Rams will become.

The Rams have a lot of questions, and this doesn't really answer many of them. Giving 2 first rounders plus for Ramsey is a mistake IMO.....a mistake I'm glad someone else made.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rams' Jalen Ramsey trade is good news for 49ers, Seahawks and Cardinals

That's what i said, while Ramsey IS a top CB and will help them now, thats not how we beat them.

They're mortgaging their future which is something the 49ers can't do right now. If this winning keeps up, the 49ers will start to "mortgage the future" beginning next season. But thats ok if it's for your own players cause they've already proven to be solid in our schemes. they've already proven to be good locker room guys, and not causing/being distractions.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The way SF is built as of now, this won't help the Rams in a matchup vs the 49ers. Ramsey will be tasked to cover....whom? Deebo? Marquise? Kendrick? The pass offense runs through Kittle. Just think of what SF did to the Jaguars in 2017, when Garoppolo was making his audition. That Jax defense was better than whatever the Rams will become.

The Rams have a lot of questions, and this doesn't really answer many of them. Giving 2 first rounders plus for Ramsey is a mistake IMO.....a mistake I'm glad someone else made.

Yes, they aren't in good shape at the moment, and now they can't even address their O-line with a 1st round pick (2 years). they can't even address it with a 4th rounder in 2021.

Goff can't play without a run game and Gurley is a part-time player. Both of these guys have a lot of cap spaced locked up by themselves.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Keep in mind, the 49ers might have to find replacements for players such as Arik Armstead and Jimmie Ward, who might be playing themselves out of San Francisco’s price range. Richard Sherman and Joe Staley aren’t getting any younger. Plus the team has to give contract extensions to DeForest Buckner (which could cost $16 million to $20 million annually) and Kittle (who would probably make $12 million to $15 million a season).

This is why we can't trade away our next TWO 1st round picks. yes, we won't get a talent like Ramsey but we should get two good players. Not to mention it wasn't too long ago where we all agreed, the interior O-line also needs upgrading.