• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Hired DB Coach

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if they could only hire some NFL caliber DBs.

I'm not saying the DB's are great but the pass rush issues hurt the DB's a lot as well and is the higher priority.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the DB's are great but the pass rush issues hurt the DB's a lot as well and is the higher priority.
The pass rush is always the bigger priority but our DBs are historically bad. They set an NFL record for fewest picks in a season. They are never anywhere near a pass and they are always looking at each other after a catch confused on who's man it was.
If you cannot even understand your role on a play then you have no chance.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pass rush is always the bigger priority but our DBs are historically bad. They set an NFL record for fewest picks in a season. They are never anywhere near a pass and they are always looking at each other after a catch confused on who's man it was.
If you cannot even understand your role on a play then you have no chance.

Earlier on in the season it seemed to be worse, but there has been much miscommunication in the secondary and Colbert really struggled. Having the revolving carousel in the backfield at safety and having to play players who were cut before the season surely didn't help. There is alot to sort out in the secondary this year. Sherman is the only sure thing right now.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier on in the season it seemed to be worse, but there has been much miscommunication in the secondary and Colbert really struggled. Having the revolving carousel in the backfield at safety and having to play players who were cut before the season surely didn't help. There is alot to sort out in the secondary this year. Sherman is the only sure thing right now.

We gotta make a push for Earl. I know he's coming off an injury and a few years from the twilight of his ability as a player (sound familiar) ...but he'd be a great veteran presence//mentor in the locker room for the young bucks. He and Sherm dropping into coverage again in red and gold...yes please.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We gotta make a push for Earl. I know he's coming off an injury and a few years from the twilight of his ability as a player (sound familiar) ...but he'd be a great veteran presence//mentor in the locker room for the young bucks. He and Sherm dropping into coverage again in red and gold...yes please.

Its his second leg injury, the first in 2016.

Who do we have now at Safety, Tartt, Marcel Harris, Adrian Colbert, and Ward?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its his second leg injury, the first in 2016.

Who do we have now at Safety, Tartt, Marcel Harris, Adrian Colbert, and Ward?

Probably not Ward he's a free agent. If they go after a bigger name Thomas would be it. He'll help the defense and help with the depth at safety moving Colbert to a back up role. He'll cost some money but not as much as an edge rusher of comparable talent.