• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers - Cardinals

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start of a three-game winning streak for the 49ers:

49ers - 27
Cards - 20

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. we will see. Only if Beathard can stop turning the ball over
I know, I know its a pipe dream, right? The Cardinals are so bad though that I think he will do better. If he has a game like he did in Green Bay (minus the last 4 minutes) they'll win. The other guys gotta stop fumbling too.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I know its a pipe dream, right? The Cardinals are so bad though that I think he will do better. If he has a game like he did in Green Bay (minus the last 4 minutes) they'll win. The other guys gotta stop fumbling too.

And make some plays. Goff should have been picked off twice in that game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And make some plays. Goff should have been picked off twice in that game.
I'm not sure the 49ers remember what a turnover is. I don't think they've made one all year outside of the lucky pick Exum got.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose D Coordinator may lose his job
From what I hear, the 49ers don't think he is the problem. But when you turn the ball over an average of 4 times a game and your defense doesn't create any turnovers, something's got to give.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's even close to losing his job? yes, our D isn't good but the talent is the much larger factor

The biggest talent issue is pass rush. The lack of a pass rush is a huge problem that is putting stress on the rest of the defense. The other issue has been tackling or fundamentals.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lets see, losing to a rookie QB 2 times in a season, lost to Arizona 7 times in a row! Run has improved, not much else!?! Go 49ers!!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The biggest talent issue is pass rush. The lack of a pass rush is a huge problem that is putting stress oe rest of the defense. The other issue has been tackling or fundamentals.

No doubt and we all knew this going in. But wanting a top pass rusher and being able to obtain one isn't the same. I didn't see an opportunity in the draft unless someone considers a 2nd or 3rd rounder "solid"?

I didn't see an opportunity in free agency, unless you want to really overspend on a good but not TOP rusher?

I believe they tried hard to trade for Khalil Mack, but he chose to go elsewhere.

We can only hope they HIT on an elite pass rusher in the next draft. Drafting one and hitting one isn't the same thing, as we're now seeing in Solomon Thomas. I know Thomas wasn't drafted as a pass rusher, but he was drafted HIGH and he hasn't hit.

Yes, a pass rusher would be a big difference on D.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt and we all knew this going in. But wanting a top pass rusher and being able to obtain one isn't the same. I didn't see an opportunity in the draft unless someone considers a 2nd or 3rd rounder "solid"?

I didn't see an opportunity in free agency, unless you want to really overspend on a good but not TOP rusher?

I believe they tried hard to trade for Khalil Mack, but he chose to go elsewhere.

We can only hope they HIT on an elite pass rusher in the next draft. Drafting one and hitting one isn't the same thing, as we're now seeing in Solomon Thomas. I know Thomas wasn't drafted as a pass rusher, but he was drafted HIGH and he hasn't hit.

He was traded so I'm not sure the Raiders gave him much of a choice but perhaps.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest talent issue is pass rush. The lack of a pass rush is a huge problem that is putting stress on the rest of the defense. The other issue has been tackling or fundamentals.
Yes that is a glaring weakness with the horrendous DB play right behind them.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bill Walsh would have made sure he got Mack. These guys should have done the same.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Top CB or Pass Rush are high dratt pick or $15-17 million a year Free Agents! Can not miss with the draft picks!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Top CB or Pass Rush are high dratt pick or $15-17 million a year Free Agents! Can not miss with the draft picks!

make it draft pickS, as the draft is the lifeblood. You have to have successful drafts to get there, and then you need successful drafts to stay.

We all know not every pick hits and not every pick becomes an All-Pro. But hitting the drafts means getting more talent than other teams.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
make it draft pickS, as the draft is the lifeblood. You have to have successful drafts to get there, and then you need successful drafts to stay.

We all know not every pick hits and not every pick becomes an All-Pro. But hitting the drafts means getting more talent than other teams.

Well I would say two to three starters and a role player type in a draft is a success.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Walsh would have made sure he got Mack. These guys should have done the same.

Even Bill Walsh had his misses. Walsh really wanted Jim Everritt but lost out to the Rams who offered a better deal. IDK if Walsh would have been willing to give up any more than Chicago did. I can't think of a trade Walsh ever made giving up those kinds of draft picks.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are any of the pass rushers that were drafted this past year doing anything? Chubb was taken before the 49ers pick. Landry was a name thrown around. So far this season he only has 1 sack. From reports I've read he was active the first couple of weeks but has been quiet the past few weeks.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Bill Walsh had his misses. Walsh really wanted Jim Everritt but lost out to the Rams who offered a better deal. IDK if Walsh would have been willing to give up any more than Chicago did. I can't think of a trade Walsh ever made giving up those kinds of draft picks.
Steve Young, Fred Dean......... but its not about what he gave up. When he saw a need he filled it.