• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ERS block Saints from interviewing with Donatell

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Probably not cool, but you have to look out for yourself and not just let competitors strengthen themselves at your expense. Maybe blocking interviews is not all that common, but its basically the same rationale for not just letting Alex Smith be released to find the best situation.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not cool, but you have to look out for yourself and not just let competitors strengthen themselves at your expense. Maybe blocking interviews is not all that common, but its basically the same rationale for not just letting Alex Smith be released to find the best situation.

My opinion would be different if we weren't so much further behind the curve than the rest of the league. Kind of like when SD pilfed Turner from us in late February. We were handcuffed for the 2007 season because no other legit OC's were on the market. We ended up with Jim FREAKING Hostler.

If this were January 5, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hostler is the first thing I thought of too. Bit different because this is just an assistant, but we've been burned before....

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how I feel about this. I get that we need to keep our staff in tact, and it's late and all that, but I think it sets a bad precedent when we don't allow our coaches to look for more prestigious jobs.

Having said that, fuck the Saints. I'm glad they got blocked.

I wonder if Donatell has any say in this and told them to block them as well. lol

Probably not but in the article he states he has a good thing going here in SF. I also wonder what this means towards Fangio, 2 years in a row we have blcoked Donatell.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Screw the Saints.

I do not want to help out a rival in the conference that we could see in the playoffs.

Do you want to give them information about our secondary? Christ Culliver and Whitner already got beat bad enough as it is.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw the Saints.

I do not want to help out a rival in the conference that we could see in the playoffs.

Do you want to give them information about our secondary? Christ Culliver and Whitner already got beat bad enough as it is.

There's no hidden information there. Those two suck in coverage. Kind of hard to hide the obvious.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Rams hired Rob Ryan.

Didn't they?

<WARTY IS SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW/>

You might have missed it, but they ultimately decided he wasn't a scheme fit. Now they're believed to be going after Dick Jauron.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might have missed it, but they ultimately decided he wasn't a scheme fit. Now they're believed to be going after Dick Jauron.

Dammit, twice. How is the NFCW acquiring so much coaching talent? This is unprecedented for this division. I'd much rather go up against Rob Ryan.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The block probably had something to with them losing their last Defensive coordinator because he put out a FN' bounty with intent to injure our players? Just a thought though...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully it has something to do with winning a championship before letting the buzzards pick apart the coaching staff... but as stated, it is probably a lesson learned from the mistakes of Nolan.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How lame would it have been if the Saints poached one of the 49ers coaches that would have been the replacement for the defensive coordinator that was banned for putting bounties out on players, including the 49ers?

I'm all for guy's getting oppertunities and career advancement's, and I also believe the 49ers feel the same way. However, this would have sent the wrong message and I'm glad the 49ers took this stand and pretty much told the Saints to go F themselves...

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sounds like he wants to be a DC again but wants to walk into a favorable situation and not a mess to clean up.

I'm sure the perk of having Payton with job security and having the Saint's offense to back you up is nice but converting that terrible defense to a 3-4 is a major project.

So I don't think he's heartbroken by not having a shot at that job.