• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4706's Thought

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I got back from the game and have had time to think. So I will just place my random thoughts in here.

-Laviolette is not doing what he should be doing. I am not saying fire him (ESPECIALLY not if Vigneault isnt available), but I feel like he doesnt do the right thing as far as battling is concerned. And I feel like it stems from watching 24/7. The man seems to preach "Jam" and shit like that, and frankly that spiritual stuff only goes so far. He needs to be more strategic and less voodoo. Hell, maybe I am wrong. (See: 2010 Boston)

-Youth is not a thing to worry about. Besides a declining Kimmo, we will be better next year. Unless of course Sophmore Slumps lead us to cancel our 2012-2013 campaign. Schenn, Cooter, Read, hell even Gus will only get better. G will hit 30+ goals, and 100 points (#BookIt) Plus we will draft a young dman who could make the squad.

-Defense. We need to chance our style up. D fucking first. It will help Bryz, and we have the scoring to get by even on a very defensive oriented team. Carle walks. Draft a dman in the 1st round. And we take a fucking run at Suter. This is out shot. With Pronger on LTIR we have 8 million in space. (That 8 million also has Voracek and Jagr unsigned)

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resign Vorachek

Dump Jagr and Carle

Trade JVR for Shenn

And 1 guy you left out who I think is a vital piece going forward is Wellwood.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why Luke Schenn? If we trade JVR, go after Suter.
There are things I dont like about lavi's system, but I am not close to blowing up how he coaches. And he is not a defensive-system coach. We could just bring back John Stevens. He had an excellent defensive system. And everyone loved it!

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post Fan...

The thing that has really irked me, as I have made clear in other posts, is that the system(s) that Lavvy use are all reliant on JAM...playing with umph. That, and when Bryz did go on a roll, it was because of a very clear shift in the defensive zone play, a shift that was abandoned when Grossman was leg whipped on 4/1 and never brought back.

A healthy Grossman and a little tinkering and hopefully no more long term injuries and I think the team D is there. The forecheck and full ice pressure/trap/press issue I will leave for another time.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The blueprint to beating the Flyers is out there. Boston did it last year by puck pressuring the Flyers D, pinch the Dmen at the blueline, essentially tilting the ice and keeping the Flyers in there own zone. Also the devils used the left wing lock(trap)kind of because Philly goes up the same fucking side of the ice. Game 5 and the Fucking team still didn't make enough adjustments, they were still giving the puck to Broduer instead of soft dump ins inside the trapizoid, that really was pissing me off.

Coaching staff has to do a better job at adjusting, or the players need a slap if they aren't listening.