• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

46??

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking about this since the playoff loss last season and would like input from any of you who have coaching experience and/or are far more knowledgeable that myself on the subject.

Considering our "defense?" the limitations of LC and our linebackers, how do you think this team would fare if they adopted the old "46" defense as it's base package?

Here's the quote from Buddy Ryan that led to his use of it. It seems to apply to the current state of affairs here in D.C, especially on 3rd downs.

"To stop a passing game, you can't stop it unless you put pressure on it. Now some people are good enough to put it on with a three-man rush; well, we're not. In fact, I don't know whether we're good enough to put it on with a four-man rush. If we have to send eight, we'll send eight, but we're not going to let you sit back there and pick us apart."— Buddy Ryan, 1986 NFL Films interview

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had Wes Hopkins, Dirty Waters, Eric Allen, Dave Deurson, Gary Fencik, etc....maybe

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking about this since the playoff loss last season and would like input from any of you who have coaching experience and/or are far more knowledgeable that myself on the subject.

Considering our "defense?" the limitations of LC and our linebackers, how do you think this team would fare if they adopted the old "46" defense as it's base package?

Here's the quote from Buddy Ryan that led to his use of it. It seems to apply to the current state of affairs here in D.C, especially on 3rd downs.

"To stop a passing game, you can't stop it unless you put pressure on it. Now some people are good enough to put it on with a three-man rush; well, we're not. In fact, I don't know whether we're good enough to put it on with a four-man rush. If we have to send eight, we'll send eight, but we're not going to let you sit back there and pick us apart."— Buddy Ryan, 1986 NFL Films interview
With our linebacker and cornerback situation might have to

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am willing to bet curl and reaves can clean up a lot of miscommunication

the issue to me are 3 things

poor effort , to many d/lineman jogging to make tackles as i have shown on film

to much hero ball , way too much time trying to make big plays instead of making the play that is there to be made

blown assignments instead of doing your job they free lance instead of doing their fucking jobs

i think they read and believed their press clippings and are a bunch of arrogant petulant children playing for a big payday instead of winning

kendall fuller , jackson LC are all on my list of overrated turds

young and sweat are right there with their BS talk about breaking sack records and filming commercials . hell if young only had to beat blocking sleds he would be an all pro

i am not mad at davis , he is coming along but i believe the staff put too much on his plate too soon . BSJ is learning and i think he has a good future

all of our FA's have under achieved , jackson is playing like a rich entitled bitch , mcclain is a bust , samuel has been hurt and humphries =quinn

we only hit on leno and carter

right now cosmi is our only hit in the draft

LC has been nothing but an overpaid rich entitled spoiled ass whore with no position

our personnel decisions have been urine starting with cutting moreland for mctyer aka bubba

end of rant but i am extremely pissed at our defense

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this team they need to play the 22

22 defenders on the field :)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am willing to bet curl and reaves can clean up a lot of miscommunication

the issue to me are 3 things

poor effort , to many d/lineman jogging to make tackles as i have shown on film

to much hero ball , way too much time trying to make big plays instead of making the play that is there to be made

blown assignments instead of doing your job they free lance instead of doing their fucking jobs

i think they read and believed their press clippings and are a bunch of arrogant petulant children playing for a big payday instead of winning

kendall fuller , jackson LC are all on my list of overrated turds

young and sweat are right there with their BS talk about breaking sack records and filming commercials . hell if young only had to beat blocking sleds he would be an all pro

i am not mad at davis , he is coming along but i believe the staff put too much on his plate too soon . BSJ is learning and i think he has a good future

all of our FA's have under achieved , jackson is playing like a rich entitled bitch , mcclain is a bust , samuel has been hurt and humphries =quinn

we only hit on leno and carter

right now cosmi is our only hit in the draft

LC has been nothing but an overpaid rich entitled spoiled ass whore with no position

our personnel decisions have been urine starting with cutting moreland for mctyer aka bubba

end of rant but i am extremely pissed at our defense
Is it possible for you to tell us how you really feel? :pound: :pound:

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Press man in empty sets with everybody up at the line neutralize the empty set though.

That is, assuming you get to the qb before he throws it, and you have solid tackling cbs in the secondary, so…..

No and no.