• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4 years ago

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won it all ... I can't believe it's already been 4 years... @#$^@# time flies....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be just me but I'd much rather lose the way we did than the way you did.

No way, being competitive until the end is always better.. win or lose ...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way, being competitive until the end is always better.. win or lose ...

I disagree because getting blown out just means it wasn’t your day. Ya it sucks to get blown out but you play on a different day and the game might be more competitive you just had a string of bad luck and weren’t in it from the start. But to be so close to wining and then to blow it I think is a lot worse because then it boils down to everyone thinking “if I just did this 1 thing different” or “maybe if I called this play instead of this one”. I think that’s a much worse way to lose.

And of course we don’t really have people bringing up Denver getting blown out off the top of their head but 3 years later and people everywhere are still quick to bring up and remember that the Seahawks should’ve ran it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easier to get over being blown out, no question. The Hawks could win the SB every year for the rest of my life, and the memory of SB49 will still sting.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree because getting blown out just means it wasn’t your day. Ya it sucks to get blown out but you play on a different day and the game might be more competitive you just had a string of bad luck and weren’t in it from the start. But to be so close to wining and then to blow it I think is a lot worse because then it boils down to everyone thinking “if I just did this 1 thing different” or “maybe if I called this play instead of this one”. I think that’s a much worse way to lose.

And of course we don’t really have people bringing up Denver getting blown out off the top of their head but 3 years later and people everywhere are still quick to bring up and remember that the Seahawks should’ve ran it.

So you would rather get blown out and just say it's not your day instead of being competitive and having a chance to win the game in the end ? That's my point... Any game you play in, especially the playoffs you want a chance to win ... It was a tough loss that was so close, but I'll take that over losing by a large margin... When I look back at that game we should a won it, but we didn't ... We came 1 yard from back to back titles... had the Patriots blown us out I would a HATED that even more... We did that to ourselves, but it was a competitive game all the way to the end...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easier to get over being blown out, no question. The Hawks could win the SB every year for the rest of my life, and the memory of SB49 will still sting.

Not for me ... you gotta battle, fight, give yourself a chance, and we did that... We just blew it in the end... Looking back now had we lost by 40 points I'd be even more pissed... I stand by that... I can tell you right now the loss to Pitt hurt me more, because I felt like it wasn't fair... in the Pats loss it was fair, we just blew it ourselves in the end...

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely the offseason when we are debating a preferred way to lose :doh:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely the offseason when we are debating a preferred way to lose :doh:

Not much else to discuss except Mariners baseball :L

Although I'm damn proud of UW Mens BB team. Surprising the hell out of me!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be more pissed if the Hawks blew a 28-3 lead. That would be pure devastating IMO.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol, I think how you lose matters, that was my point after it was brought up ... I would always prefer my team fights until the end, rather than lay an egg..

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you :yo:

I'd figure the +4.5 was an easy pick but had a gut feeling Philly could win outright. The match up except QB spot was really in Philly's favor.

I had the same feeling pro bowl week. Sometime that weekend reality set in and i was saying.

Heart: Philly
Head: New England.

Because New England always find a way to win big games such as Superb Owl. I was cheering for the Eagles that game.

After the Elliot FG I was nervous because Brady has the ball with time to put something together