• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) Dallas Mavericks vs. 5) Utah Jazz

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I'd think the Jazz could say fuck it and structure a deal of Conley for Westbrook just to see if the guy in a different situation could be successful. Granted as previously pointed out Russ is no fan of Utah though.

But the much more likely scenario is a trade of either Gobert or Mitchell.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has not one single post been made in this game?
Because at this particular point of the game, I was asleep… work gets in the way again.

I did wake up just in time for the last 30 seconds of game clock…

Will watch the 2nd half later today. Happy for that win though.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blowing it up is not always the best option

The 2000s Dallas Mavericks keep running it back with a belief and minor tweaks despite countless first round playoff flame-outs.
They avoided the temptations after horrible losses in 2007,2008,2009,2010. They were rewarded in 2011.

The late 90s- 2000s Kings sent Webber, Bobbie Jackson Doug Christie, and Bibby all packing within 2 years.
They never recovered.

There is no real answer.
But, the decision is even harder with UTAH not exactly being a prime free agent destination.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mitchell does ask for a trade then the Jazz are just screwed, I mean whatever return they get won't make up for Mitchell and then they are stuck with Gobert's contract for 4 more years (player option in year 4, no way he declines it). Teams will take a bad contract for a player that can be a #1 or even a solid #2 but a defensive center, no chance.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mitchell does ask for a trade then the Jazz are just screwed, I mean whatever return they get won't make up for Mitchell and then they are stuck with Gobert's contract for 4 more years (player option in year 4, no way he declines it). Teams will take a bad contract for a player that can be a #1 or even a solid #2 but a defensive center, no chance.

If he asks for a trade, I hope we stiff him. I would want trade compensation and expect it, but if it’s “I can‘t win here so let’s demand out” I’d like to have him stick it out - but I, of course, want the Jazz to be actually consistently looking to give him help every offseason if for nothing else a clear conscience. We gave him the max and maxxed out our second best. If it’s because he doesn’t like Utah, then there’s no reason for me to favor him getting what he wants besides him not walking away for free. I hope he doesn’t hold out. I want to respect him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I'd think the Jazz could say fuck it and structure a deal of Conley for Westbrook just to see if the guy in a different situation could be successful. Granted as previously pointed out Russ is no fan of Utah though.

But the much more likely scenario is a trade of either Gobert or Mitchell.

Why? Are you trying to drive Mitchell out the door? Because Westbrook playing with Mitchell would be a disaster. Only way Utah should ever deal for Westbrook is if they want a full on rebuild. Send Mitchell to some other team for huge haul and then call the Lakers and see if they'd bite on Westbrook + 27/29 1st rounders for Gobert (plus smaller deals to make the money work like Royce Oneal or Gay+NAW). LA might actually bite on that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Are you trying to drive Mitchell out the door? Because Westbrook playing with Mitchell would be a disaster. Only way Utah should ever deal for Westbrook is if they want a full on rebuild. Send Mitchell to some other team for huge haul and then call the Lakers and see if they'd bite on Westbrook + 27/29 1st rounders for Gobert (plus smaller deals to make the money work like Royce Oneal or Gay+NAW). LA might actually bite on that.
Utah can do better than a washed up over paid bum and (likely late) first rounders 5 and 7 years in the future for Gobert bruh

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah can do better than a washed up over paid bum and (likely late) first rounders 5 and 7 years in the future for Gobert bruh

Oh for sure they can do better. I wouldn't do it if I were them either. I was just laying out the only scenario where they should ever consider Westbrook. Cap space from Westbrook's expiring and 2 1st rounders isn't awful if you're doing a full teardown

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure they can do better. I wouldn't do it if I were them either. I was just laying out the only scenario where they should ever consider Westbrook. Cap space from Westbrook's expiring and 2 1st rounders isn't awful if you're doing a full teardown
It is awful. Those first rounders will be late ones, 5 and 7 years away