• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) Dallas Mavericks vs. 5) Utah Jazz

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such an unbelievably weak travel call in that situation.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This likely means no basketball on Saturday...bummer

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Been saying in it for weeks.

Also, Donovan Mitchell is lowkey kinda ass at everything besides scoring. I'm trading Gobert first but I think there's enough evidence now that you probably can't win a title if Mitchell is your #1 guy. He's signed long term so you try building around him again and maybe wind up with a better fit around him, but I also think I'd explore trading both and go full rebuild if I got an insane offer for him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been saying in it for weeks.

Also, Donovan Mitchell is lowkey kinda ass at everything besides scoring. I'm trading Gobert first but I think there's enough evidence now that you probably can't win a title if Mitchell is your #1 guy. He's signed long term so you try building around him again and maybe wind up with a better fit around him, but I also think I'd explore trading both and go full rebuild if I got an insane offer for him.

Problem with this is i think Mitchell is more likely to demand a trade so you can opt to trade rudy then next summer Mitchell demands a trade and you are screwed for 5 years or so

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with this is i think Mitchell is more likely to demand a trade so you can opt to trade rudy then next summer Mitchell demands a trade and you are screwed for 5 years or so

I don't think Mitchell is the kind of star with the clout to force his way out. He's still got enough years left on the deal where the Jazz have more leverage to keep him. Plus after Harden/Simmons, my gut says teams are going to clamp down on this kind of stuff

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I keep hearing this, like how the Jazz need to blow it up, but I’m also thinking how often does that work where you just blow it up and then start winning - as opposed to turning into the Orlando Magic. Ok, just named a random team, not a true analogy. Obviously you cannot just add one piece, but it’s like having seven variables and since it’s not working you get rid of the two good pieces instead of working on the five. (I know, money... but tell me the alternative that works.)

I think this: Jazz offseason guide: How Utah can build around its core and return to the West's elite

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder kinda sounds like he expects to be fired in the postgame stuff.

Watch the Lakers lowball him, force him to hire the assitants Kurt Rambis wants, and then he goes to the Nets instead