• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3rd Worst Team in NFL

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are projecting us to be one of the 3 worst teams in the NFL this year, along with Miami and Arizona.

I like the under dog status. I think we are much better than they give us credit for. Our defense is better than I think alot of folks give us credit for, including our fans. We have a very solid secondary, and I think Jackson is going to be a top 5 corner this year. Bates looks like the real deal.

Then you have that Dline, and I am okay with Dunlap, Atkins, Billings/Wren, Hubbard/Willis.

LB is where it gets a bit scary, but if the Preston Brown returns to his form he had with the Bills, which is a reasonable expectation being only one year removed and plagued with injury, he could be a difference maker in the middle.

Vigil is nothing more than an average LB, but is capable of making some plays.

The other side, you have the rookie Pratt in there, converted S to LB helping cover TE's. Plus, on rush downs, you have a doberman to release off the edge in Lawson. The loss of Lawson last year, besides Green and Dalton hurt us the most. Guy had 8 to 8.5 sacks his rookie year and is a bolt of lightning off the edge. He is a true disrupt er and difference maker.

On offense, I would like to think the new coaching staff will be creative, innovative, find the mismatches, and help each guy on offense succeed more. I think alot of that is going to be running the ball with a whole lot more play action and bootlegs to spread the defense out. As long as guys can stay healthy, I think our offense is in a good position to compete with the talent on t hat side of the ball.

Dalton is decent. AJ Green all-pro. Boyd coming off a 1000 yard season and missing 2.5 games. Mixon led the AFC in rushing with our crappy oline. The oline appears to have been improved with Williams and Miller. Glenn is hopefully going to stay healthy this year, Price gets a second year in even though it is a new scheme. I would imagine the learning curve is less than it was last year being a rookie regardless of it being a new scheme. Boling is just a good solid guard.

You just can't count on Eifert staying healthy, so no point in hoping on that. Question is, how long will he be able to make it before getting re-injured: back, legs, etc.

I see our floor of 6 wins. I see our ceiling as high as 11 wins if things go our way. I think this team is much better than experts give us credit for, and yes, that is with my orange tinted shades on. However, I think health is going to be our biggest key. We do not have the depth a lot of teams have, so we start losing starters, our talent goes way down, especially at LB. There is a drastic fall off there, even with the starters being league average at best.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won 6 games last season despite these facts:

--Jeff Driskel played 5.5 games as the qb.
-- Marvin Lewis had run out of fucks to give three years prior.
-- AJ Green played 8.5 games.
-- Tyler Eifert played 3 games
-- We played with an AFL offensive line.
-- We had a historically bad defense.

I fail to see how this team could be worse than last year's team given all of those circumstances. They are not one of the three worst teams in the league.

That said, I also don't think they have a high ceiling. I think they exist in NFL purgatory..... They're good enough to be in WC contention through Thanksgiving, but not good enough to be a threat to win an NFL playoff game. I think their ceiling is 10 games and maybe a 6 seed. Their floor is 6 wins... Probably 7.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were 4-1 before the F-up vs. Pittsburgh and the injuries. Assuming relative health, I don't think you're wrong.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take your opinion, and their opinion, average it out, and it should come out about right.

we need some players to step up and own their roll or ain't nothin' gonna happen.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll be shocked if this shitty team with a toddler for a coach wins more than 6 games.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll be shocked if this shitty team with a toddler for a coach wins more than 6 games.

You're not exactly well known for your optimism.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about the coaching and let's face it, Cincy took a step backwards in that department.

I think the Steelers and Raisins are shitbag organizations and would love to watch them both finish 2-14, but that would require Cincy to whip them twice and that ain't happening with the tard they gave the HC job to.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Marvin Lewis is gone will automatically improve things, but from an outsider I dont think the Bengals will be good but there are worst teams. Miami, Jets, Cardinals, Bucs, Giants, all have the chance to be just as bad or worst than the Bengals. Also I wouldnt be surprised if the Steelers slipped a lot and Im not a Jackson believer so I dont think its a forgone conclusion that they are last.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t born yet.

Jesus.

That's rough.

I mean, I think the only thing that kept me afloat as a fan was memories of being a kid in the 80s and watching a team that wasn't a complete disappointment.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about the coaching and let's face it, Cincy took a step backwards in that department.

I think the Steelers and Raisins are shitbag organizations and would love to watch them both finish 2-14, but that would require Cincy to whip them twice and that ain't happening with the tard they gave the HC job to.

Please explain. Every football fan in America argued that the Bengals needed to get rid of Lewis.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain. Every football fan in America argued that the Bengals needed to get rid of Lewis.

They did need to get rid of Marvin, but they also needed to hire someone with experience as a HC and instead went with another of Sean McVay's pups. We'll see how it turns out, but my thought is that he'll be in over his head and it won't go well.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did need to get rid of Marvin, but they also needed to hire someone with experience as a HC and instead went with another of Sean McVay's pups. We'll see how it turns out, but my thought is that he'll be in over his head and it won't go well.

This isn't clear to me. Professionalism and accountability weren't a big issue for the Bengals teams. Aside from Burfict's typical shit, this roster is a pretty boring bunch. Their bigger issue is that the coaching staff was running out all the stale old shit they've been doing for almost two decades and player development is abysmal. I'm not sure Taylor is the answer. But I'm also not sure that he is not the answer. The only reason you or anyone else doubts him is that he is young and the McVay stuff seems overhyped. Same shit could have basically been said about Matt Nagy.

I for one am glad they didn't hire one of the regular recycled coaching options. This might not work out, but ultimately it has a better shot than if they went with someone like Hue Jackson, Jack Del Rio, or Mike McCarthy.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the offensive talent you guys hve a better qb would go
Along way. Very good wr and rb talent

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't clear to me. Professionalism and accountability weren't a big issue for the Bengals teams. Aside from Burfict's typical shit, this roster is a pretty boring bunch. Their bigger issue is that the coaching staff was running out all the stale old shit they've been doing for almost two decades and player development is abysmal. I'm not sure Taylor is the answer. But I'm also not sure that he is not the answer. The only reason you or anyone else doubts him is that he is young and the McVay stuff seems overhyped. Same shit could have basically been said about Matt Nagy.

I for one am glad they didn't hire one of the regular recycled coaching options. This might not work out, but ultimately it has a better shot than if they went with someone like Hue Jackson, Jack Del Rio, or Mike McCarthy.

Well, I hate the Steelers and the Raisins so I hope it works out for you.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I hate the Steelers and the Raisins so I hope it works out for you.

Don't get me wrong.... Any short term gain won't amount to much for the long term. And it certainly won't hurt the Steelers or Ravens. Those are winning organizations. We are not.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong.... Any short term gain won't amount to much for the long term. And it certainly won't hurt the Steelers or Ravens. Those are winning organizations. We are not.

The Steelers are 1 inch from imploding and the Raisins are shitbag organization so now is the time for Cincy and Cleveland to step up to the plate and put all that top of the draft talent to work.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our best offensive talent in the passing game has a high probability of getting injured.

if every key player stays healthy, hell, we might even when a playoff game.

the odds of that happening are not good.

3rd worse seems a little brutal, and based on some past debacles. we'll see.